Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[Left Marriott 15 Nov 2018] St. Regis Princeville, Kauai, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Left Marriott 15 Nov 2018] St. Regis Princeville, Kauai, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2011, 3:26 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, Amex Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat
I got a Jr Suite. I booked a regular mountain view room and that's the best I can get.

Originally Posted by enigmamatt
Mux -- did you get upgraded to a true suite or to a junior suite? I'm heading there on honeymoon in June and curious what I should ask for.

Matt
Old Apr 13, 2011, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Explorist, SPG gold
Originally Posted by mux41
We are just back from Princeville. They only have King for suites. Ask them nicely and if they do have suite available during your stay, they will upgrade you to one. You can ask the butler, service only available for suites, to arrange a rollaway bed without a problem. The pool service was excellent.

Enjoy.
Mahalo!
Old Apr 25, 2011, 10:14 am

which room #s are the best jr suites?

I'm staying here for 5 days in August as a platinum on point stay. Which Jr suite room # should I request? A previous poster said that the 801-812 block had the best views. Does everyone agree? If so, any idea which of these are suites?

Thanks
Old Apr 27, 2011, 2:56 pm

Well just booked our 4 night honeymoon stay for next year (thanks DavidO!). Cannot wait.

Regarding traffic, when does it generally get bad if we want to spend a day back by Poipu/South?
Old May 3, 2011, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA GS, SPG Plat
I am staying here on an award trip (2 rooms, OV) in June for 6 nights. Are there certain rooms we should be requesting or avoiding at check-in. I am a Plat. I see a lot of threads about how difficult they are with the upgrades. Is that still the case? I need connecting rooms. Do you know if any suites connect to a room and if so, what category room do they connect to? Thanks in advance.
Old May 6, 2011, 7:40 am

Programs: UA GS, SPG Plat
I am bumping this up to see if anyone has any suggestions. I am staying here on an award trip (2 rooms, OV) in June for 6 nights. Are there certain rooms we should be requesting or avoiding at check-in. I am a Plat. I see a lot of posts about how difficult they are with the upgrades. Is that still the case? I need connecting rooms. Do you know if any suites connect to a room and if so, what category room do they connect to? Should we email in advance with the ages of our children and a request for an upgrade? Thanks in advance. Feel free to PM me if you prefer.
Old May 6, 2011, 3:20 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ohstewardess
I am bumping this up to see if anyone has any suggestions. I am staying here on an award trip (2 rooms, OV) in June for 6 nights. Are there certain rooms we should be requesting or avoiding at check-in. I am a Plat. I see a lot of posts about how difficult they are with the upgrades. Is that still the case? I need connecting rooms. Do you know if any suites connect to a room and if so, what category room do they connect to? Should we email in advance with the ages of our children and a request for an upgrade? Thanks in advance. Feel free to PM me if you prefer.
I'm not an expert on the property, but I did stay last year and was upgraded (with no issues at all, as were my traveling companions) to Junior Suites. I am nearly 100% sure that those do not have a connecting room option, so I don't know what your best upgrade bet is if you have to have connecting rooms.

One thing I'd try is emailing the concierge or the front desk, letting them know your plans and what you need and working with them. When planning my trip I worked with Scott Bacon - fantastic concierge. He's at [email protected].

There's also a direct contact page on the site at:

http://www.stregisprinceville.com/ac...lan-your-stay/

/A
Old May 7, 2011, 10:54 pm

Platinum benefits

In addition to the potential Jr. Suite upgrade, what other Platinum benefits are there at this property?
Old May 7, 2011, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by loudnotes
In addition to the potential Jr. Suite upgrade, what other Platinum benefits are there at this property?
$100 resort credit once
Old Jun 19, 2011, 8:32 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
Anyone know what the resort fee is for this property, what it "covers", and what (if any) the alternate plat benefit is?
Old Jun 19, 2011, 9:12 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
I just checked out from here last Sunday after staying 5 nights as part of my honeymoon. There was no resort fee on my bill. Maybe they put one on since I booked, but for us we did not have to worry about it.

On another note, we had a fantastic stay. We received the Jr Suite upgrade and loved the facility and especially the staff. Our butler was fantastic and took great care of us. Everybody seemed to go out of their way to make us feel welcome and make sure we were having a nice time.

Matt
Old Jun 19, 2011, 10:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by enigmamatt
Maybe they put one on since I booked
No, they still have no resort fee.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 1:12 am

Probably a noob spg question... but when do you know if your reservation is upgraded? Do most people contact the hotel directly, or does the concierge contact you directly? Or sometimes both?

Originally Posted by milemonkey
My upcoming C&P stay in a King Mtn/Garden view was changed to a Garden Terrace with 2 queen beds.

Should I call and complain or is this actually a better room?

If I call should I call Starwood or the hotel?
Old Jun 20, 2011, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by infamousdx
$100 resort credit once
Never heard of that as Plat benefit. Perhaps it was Amex FHR benefit?
Old Jun 20, 2011, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by TerryK
Never heard of that as Plat benefit. Perhaps it was Amex FHR benefit?
Oops sorry you're right, that's an Amex FHR (got confused when he said Plat) or Virtuoso benefit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.