Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, YYZ, Canada [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, YYZ, Canada [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2012, 2:42 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I loved the nice vents in the windows to let fresh air in the room. When closed they kept the airplane noise out quite well.

Shuttle runs 24 hours, departs on the hour & 1/2 hour. Shuttle makes stop at another hotel across Dixon, so add 5-10 mins onto the commute time.

Is there anyplace nearby the property where one can grab some beer or wine to take back to the room?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 4:13 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
Is there anyplace nearby the property where one can grab some beer or wine to take back to the room?
Since you asked about beer, I'll treat that as the most important item:

Stunningly, the closest store to you is the Molson factory store at the end of Carlingview Drive.
P.S.: Store closes at 7pm Eastern time. Hurry.

Ask the front desk for a better option.

Great site for finding alcohol in Ontario:
http://beerhunter.ca/

Last edited by jerry305; Nov 30, 2012 at 4:16 pm Reason: Beer store closing soon!
Old Dec 1, 2012, 8:04 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jerry305
Since you asked about beer, I'll treat that as the most important item:

Stunningly, the closest store to you is the Molson factory store at the end of Carlingview Drive.
I would have liked to visit the Molson factory store, thanks for the info.

(Beer was the most imporant item on this night, ended up taking 4 beers to the room from the downstairs bar, most expensive 4 pack I've ever bought)
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:37 pm

Just booked a 3 night stay next week in a club room. Looking forward to it!
Old Mar 10, 2013, 9:16 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Exclamation

This property offers very competitive rates as compared to the Sheraton Gateway. I had a recent stay @ the government rate of $105! The shuttle from Pearson runs every 30 minutes and is reliable.
The other positive about this property is its lounge. Orlando has been with the hotel for many years, and he treats us very well! IMO, its worth staying at this property to meet Orlando! Enjoy!
Old Feb 22, 2014, 11:33 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Staying here right now. Unfortunately, only for one night

I really regretted booking this hotel when waiting for the shuttle, when I realized that the Sheraton Gateway was actually IN the airpoirt itself, no need for shuttle. But the shuttle came, and the driver was very courteous and nice. Took like 5 minutes to get to the hotel.

The guy that checked me in was very nice and friendly. I was upgraded to a junior suite without asking. The suite on the 5th floor is very, very nice. Newly renovated and have a separate livingroom with a big sofa, two chairs, tv, desk, CD-cassette player (haha), a big fridge, etc. The bedroom is nice and airy. The bathroom is large and well lit. Large windows overlooking the airport and the surrounding areas. The suite have a really good layout, and good use of the space. There was also a note from the GM in the room, along with some water and nuts. There was no note on my recent stays at the Sheraton in Vancouver and the W in Montreal.

The lounge is on the 5th floor. Open till 10 PM during weekdays and 9 PM during weekends. Breakfast and evening snacks served there. Softdrinks and coffee throughout the day.

There is a 24 hrs gym and a pool (closes at 11 PM) - both very nice. There is a restaurant and a bar. I did not try them out, but they looked nice. Roomservice only until 11 PM. After that you are at the mercy of the Sheraton Kiosk in the lobby. They have some salads, wraps, etc. Not very exciting though. There are several restaurants close to the hotel. Walkable.

Great staff!

Really a nice hotel. Much better than I had expected. Too bad I am here for one night only Great value as well - booked the 79 USD rate on Great Escapes.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by skrosvik

I really regretted booking this hotel when waiting for the shuttle, when I realized that the Sheraton Gateway was actually IN the airpoirt itself, no need for shuttle. But the shuttle came, and the driver was very courteous and nice. Took like 5 minutes to get to the hotel.

The guy that checked me in was very nice and friendly. I was upgraded to a junior suite without asking. The suite on the 5th floor is very, very nice. Newly renovated and have a separate livingroom with a big sofa, two chairs, tv, desk, CD-cassette player (haha), a big fridge, etc. The bedroom is nice and airy. The bathroom is large and well lit. Large windows overlooking the airport and the surrounding areas. The suite have a really good layout, and good use of the space. There was also a note from the GM in the room, along with some water and nuts. There was no note on my recent stays at the Sheraton in Vancouver and the W in Montreal.

The lounge is on the 5th floor. Open till 10 PM during weekdays and 9 PM during weekends. Breakfast and evening snacks served there. Softdrinks and coffee throughout the day.

There is a 24 hrs gym and a pool (closes at 11 PM) - both very nice. There is a restaurant and a bar. I did not try them out, but they looked nice. Roomservice only until 11 PM. After that you are at the mercy of the Sheraton Kiosk in the lobby. They have some salads, wraps, etc. Not very exciting though. There are several restaurants close to the hotel. Walkable.

Great staff!

Really a nice hotel. Much better than I had expected. Too bad I am here for one night only Great value as well - booked the 79 USD rate on Great Escapes.
The staff, service and Plat treatment here are outstanding. Especially Orlando in the lounge, which has great morning and evening offerings.

One point f clarification, the suites look out 'away' from the airport, not "overlooking", but you can certainly watch a constant stream of landings right over this property.

Also, I have seen a couple references to "junior" suites. Whatever the are, there are no other suites beyond these, and less than 10 in the entire property.

Cheers,
Old Feb 23, 2014, 9:49 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Yeah, my SPG do show "junior suite", and they are also bookable as "junior suites " online. It is a full suite however

The lounge is nice, can watch the airplanes landing while having breakfast.

Only one annoying thing - no el plugs close to the bed.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Diamond, Hyatt Plat, AA Plat, SPG Plat/Lifetime Plat, Amex Plat / PRG, DClub
Originally Posted by skrosvik

I really regretted booking this hotel when waiting for the shuttle, when I realized that the Sheraton Gateway was actually IN the airpoirt itself, no need for shuttle.
Made the same mistake once. Went to the one at the airport and told them I booked off-airport by mistake. Clearly this had been done before: desk clerk called the other hotel and transferred my reservation over. Saved me a fair bit of hassle and made the morning commute to the airport that much faster!
Old Feb 26, 2014, 6:58 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by mapletree
Made the same mistake once. Went to the one at the airport and told them I booked off-airport by mistake. Clearly this had been done before: desk clerk called the other hotel and transferred my reservation over. Saved me a fair bit of hassle and made the morning commute to the airport that much faster!
Ironically this is probably the best Sheraton in the City, if not the province in my opinion
Old Feb 26, 2014, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Diamond, Hyatt Plat, AA Plat, SPG Plat/Lifetime Plat, Amex Plat / PRG, DClub
Probably the best *wood in the city / province given how meager the options are. Miss the King Eddy!!
Old Feb 27, 2014, 5:37 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by mapletree
Probably the best *wood in the city / province given how meager the options are. Miss the King Eddy!!
Yes! + 1

Toronto probably has the worst airport hotels in all of North America. This is a gem amongst them all
Old Feb 28, 2014, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by Sweetvibes
Yes! + 1

Toronto probably has the worst airport hotels in all of North America. This is a gem amongst them all
Actually, in addition to the Sheraton Airport, I think the Sheraton Gateway and the Westin are pretty decent too. I haven't stayed in the others, but these 3 are as good as I have found elsewhere.

Cheers,
Old May 25, 2014, 5:34 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
mini review

Originally Posted by Sweetvibes
Yes! + 1

This statement is clearly incorrect. The "gem" is in fact the Sheraton Gateway at T3, not this property at 801 Dixon Road.

Things are looking up at this property. Renovations begin in July (NB it had been a Delta, and when Starwood took it over they spend zero dollars!).
High Points:
- decent rates;
- comp transpo from YYZ every 30 minutes;
- great staff both in the lounge (8th Floor) & the hotel generally.
Low Points:
- Sheraton Fitness area is old, dated;
- 3rd party parking is expensive;
- in 4 recent stays, I have never received a "suite" upgrade.
PM me if you need contact info for the GM.
Old May 25, 2014, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
This statement is clearly incorrect. The "gem" is in fact the Sheraton Gateway at T3, not this property at 801 Dixon Road.

Things are looking up at this property. Renovations begin in July (NB it had been a Delta, and when Starwood took it over they spend zero dollars!).
High Points:
- decent rates;
- comp transpo from YYZ every 30 minutes;
- great staff both in the lounge (8th Floor) & the hotel generally.
Low Points:
- Sheraton Fitness area is old, dated;
- 3rd party parking is expensive;
- in 4 recent stays, I have never received a "suite" upgrade.
PM me if you need contact info for the GM.
While I agree with some of your points, it should be pointed out rates at the Dixon property are at lot higher this year, while the 3rd party parking is cheaper than at the Gateway, and in fairness, there are only 7 suites in the entire hotel.

And if suite upgrades are your thing, I believe there are only 1 or 2 at your "Gem".

Having said that, as I posted earlier, both airport Sheratons, and also the Westin, are quite nice. And if you're on a budget, the two 4Pts aren't bad either.

Cheers,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.