Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, YYZ, Canada [Master Thread]

Old Oct 22, 2009, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

I did a search and didnt find much info on this hotel. It is a newly converted sheraton. So maybe I could start a master thread?
Old Oct 22, 2009, 5:56 pm

I think you just did. Never stayed there. Although I've met the GM who seemed decent.

Cheers,
Old Oct 22, 2009, 8:58 pm

its the former Renaissance on the south side of dixon road. converted about 2-3 months ago. Not to be confused with the Sheraton Gateway within the terminal complex.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 9:04 pm

Writing from the hotel at this moment. The staffs are indeed very friendly. I am currently doing a MR and used points to score a club room. So far everything is good. The food in club lounge is not as good as the sheraton center but this place is not that busy too.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 10:53 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Any updates or recent experiences of this property? Thanks!
Old Apr 17, 2010, 7:44 am

Just had a wonderful stay. Upgraded to very nice one bedroom suite.

Club lounge was decent. Evening appetizers were shrimp dumplings (har gow), among other things. Breakfast had boiled eggs, along with the continental offerings.

The swimming pool is covered by a glass dome, bright & warm, and quite nice.

The restarant (Olio) is better than average. Tons of restaurants in the area too, lots within walking distance, mostly road house, family-types, but some sushi and others as well.

Service was outstanding. Greeted by name by everyone from the bellman to the front desk to the front desk manager who found me roaming the halls looking for the gift shop.

There is a charge for parking. (Pretty well all the airport hotels are doing this now, mostly to discourage non-guests from just leaving their cars there for free and taking the shuttle back and forth). It's $15 or $20 for valet parking. I chose valet.

All in all I would have no hesitation returning.

PS - It's also immediately adjacent to a golf course, if you don't mind planes coming in for a landing a few inches over your head. Never heard a plane in the room, by the way.

Cheers,
Old Apr 17, 2010, 8:10 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AC*E, PC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Flews
Just had a wonderful stay. Upgraded to very nice one bedroom suite.

Club lounge was decent. Evening appetizers were shrimp dumplings (har gow), among other things. Breakfast had boiled eggs, along with the continental offerings.

The swimming pool is covered by a glass dome, bright & warm, and quite nice.

The restarant (Olio) is better than average. Tons of restaurants in the area too, lots within walking distance, mostly road house, family-types, but some sushi and others as well.

Service was outstanding. Greeted by name by everyone from the bellman to the front desk to the front desk manager who found me roaming the halls looking for the gift shop.

There is a charge for parking. (Pretty well all the airport hotels are doing this now, mostly to discourage non-guests from just leaving their cars there for free and taking the shuttle back and forth). It's $15 or $20 for valet parking. I chose valet.

All in all I would have no hesitation returning.

PS - It's also immediately adjacent to a golf course, if you don't mind planes coming in for a landing a few inches over your head. Never heard a plane in the room, by the way.

Cheers,
Thanks for the feedback, Flews. I usually stay at the Gateway. Maybe I'll try this hotel. You mentioned in an earlier post that you met the GM. Still the same hotel manager? Do you recall their name?
Old Apr 18, 2010, 6:48 am

I don't recall, sorry. I met him at a reception last year in another city.

Just to be clear, he would have had no idea I was at the property, so my experience was totally unrealted to our encounter.

Also, I would probably still stay at the Gateway if I was connecting to flights. It's just too handy to the terminal to pass up. Plus the lounge is good there too. I would probably stay at this (Toronto Airport) property if I was in Toronto for business, or travelling by car, especially if I had to be in the vicinity of the airport.

Cheers,
Old Dec 23, 2011, 10:11 am

I've now stayed at this property more than a dozen or so times. Very consistent. Nice property, pool, lounge. Some of the front desk and lounge staff are absolutely excellent.

I received a personalized, hand-signed Christmas card this year. Nice touch!

Cheers,
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:49 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Just wondering if there are any restos close by? I'll be arriving close to midnight and will wake up way after the breakfast in the club lounge is closed (I'm sure). As I won't have a car, any restos within walking distance?
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:58 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by Braindrain
Just wondering if there are any restos close by? I'll be arriving close to midnight and will wake up way after the breakfast in the club lounge is closed (I'm sure). As I won't have a car, any restos within walking distance?

There are some, but not a lot. Do a Google Maps search; you'll see Moxies and Boston Pizza a few minutes walk away. I would call those restaurants to check kitchen hours.
801 Dixon Road Toronto,Ontario M9W 1J5 Canada
Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:29 am

Thanks ^
Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:47 am
akk

Programs: AC*SE SPGPlat PCPlat HHSilver
Sorta OT, but if you're arriving at Terminal One, there's a 24 hour A&W Airside. Yes, it's fast-food but it saves you having to trek around looking for a restaurant.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 1:08 am

Hmm... I have never noticed an airside A&W in T1.

After a quick Google search, I see it just opened in Feb 2012. I've only connected once in T1 since that time and probably had my tunnel-vision glasses on for a straight shot to the lounge. At least I know I won't starve. Thanks!
Old Mar 18, 2012, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by Braindrain
Tons. In addition to the Sheraton's own restaurant (Olios), there another dozen or so, of all varieties, within a 10 minute walk. If you don't like the ones across the street, just head up over the bridge (away from the airport) and you'll see quite an few on the LHS.

Cheers,

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.