Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seattle, WA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seattle, WA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2020, 1:35 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Ren is well-located, with decent rooms. They do a good job upgrading elites from basic cheaper rate rooms booked, though not actual suites. Breakfast on weekend is full buffet in restaurant, tip included, no copay. Haven't been to their lounge in a while, but recall it's having been pretty nice.
Out of curiosity, what makes you say that the "Ren is well-located"? Relative to the other downtown Seattle properties, I mean. It's right next to the freeway at the top of a hill, and I'm not sure what it's closer to than other hotels?
Old Feb 26, 2020, 1:02 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by arnel
Out of curiosity, what makes you say that the "Ren is well-located"? Relative to the other downtown Seattle properties, I mean. It's right next to the freeway at the top of a hill, and I'm not sure what it's closer to than other hotels?
It's right next to the freeway, so it's easy to get on the road quickly if you need to drive somewhere. It's well located, if you want to hit both downtown and First Hill/Cap Hill for dinner and touristy stuff. It's convenient to the business district and you are just a few blocks from most major office buildings. Same thing for shopping, Amazon Orbs, stadiums, and the ferries. Before moving to Seattle I stayed there because all my meetings were south of downtown. Getting easy access to I-5, while being downtown, was invaluable.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 10:20 am

Programs: AA PLAT, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM
Seattle, WA - Marriott Properties - Category 6 - 35,000 points

All four of these Marriott Properties, Category 6, are within one mile of one another, so which one would you pick and why?
1. Renaissance Seattle Hotel
2. W Seattle
3. Sheraton Grand Seattle
4. The Westin Seattle

Thank you, Jim (Marriott Lifetime Titanium)
Old Apr 16, 2021, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by jimcoddington
All four of these Marriott Properties, Category 6, are within one mile of one another, so which one would you pick and why?
2. W Seattle
4. The Westin Seattle

Based on normal (pre-2020) experience: Renaissance
rogo likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 1:53 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Cat 6 hotels are 50K. Off-peak is 40K and Peak is 60K.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
Cat 6 hotels are 50K. Off-peak is 40K and Peak is 60K.
How many points for Off peak PointSaver?
Old Apr 16, 2021, 3:11 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Never stayed at the W. Of the others, I'd prefer the Sheraton. Never have liked the layout of the Westin, elevators seem slow. If you're wanting to walk around downtown, the Renaissance is not as well positioned - on a slope where as the Westin and Sheraton are in a much more easily walkable part of downtown.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 11:14 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by jimcoddington
2. W Seattle
4. The Westin Seattle

I'll venture a guess maybe 10% of my LT nights have been earned at the Ren. Now that I live here, there's no longer a need to go. If I had to recommend one of these it would be the Ren. But I'll be honest with you, if I were looking for a holiday destination, downtown Seattle wouldn't be at the top of my list right now. It's suffered significant losses from the economic fallout of the pandemic. But if you're looking for a place that needs to be downtown, I'd recommend someplace as far from 3rd & Pike as possible. That intersection has long been a hotspot for trouble, and current conditions haven't helped. And for this reason, I'd still recommend the Ren, due to it's being the hotel on your list of 4 that's furthest away.
Old May 31, 2021, 3:02 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
So is the general consensus the Renaissance over the W? Guessing the pandemic has impacted both places equally?
Old May 31, 2021, 5:52 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by WasKnown
So is the general consensus the Renaissance over the W? Guessing the pandemic has impacted both places equally?
Avoid the W Seattle. It’s a W by brand but a rundown business hotel by reality. I do highly recommend the Westin Seattle, if convenient.
Old May 31, 2021, 8:59 pm

Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by anteater
Avoid the W Seattle. It’s a W by brand but a rundown business hotel by reality. I do highly recommend the Westin Seattle, if convenient.
Thank you for letting me know! Very strange that a city like Seattle doesn't have a STR, Ritz, or even a Luxury Collection.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 1:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, AA PLT for Life
Originally Posted by WasKnown
Thank you for letting me know! Very strange that a city like Seattle doesn't have a STR, Ritz, or even a Luxury Collection.
It is strange. It's also fairly accurate to say most of the hotels here are not very nice. There's a new Lotte, a Hyatt Regency that is pretty nice, and a Four Seasons.

Absolutely none of the Marriott properties are nice. The Renaissance seems like the best, but the location is decidedly meh. The Sheraton is perfectly adequate. The Westin is weird and I cannot imagine what's to like about the W (especially because the Renaissance is near there and seems nicer in all ways).

Marriott has a new-ish Moxy, another small Marriott-branded thing coming, and not much else. Perhaps if the new convention center addition becomes a thing and in-person events return in force, something will change here. Until then, it is what it is.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 2:44 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Agreed - I have a trip to Seattle coming up next month, and I found the state of Bonvoy choices to be quite bizarre, which definitely says something about the state of both Marriott and Starwood in Seattle before the merger. Based on reviews, everything seems to be either be old (Westin), unexciting (Sheraton, Renaissance), or too expensive for what it is (Marriott Waterfront). Honestly, the nicest looking properties seemed to all be concentrated in Bellevue - not the best for a first-time visitor to the city. As a result, I remembered my Hyatt status (I still default to Marriott, typically) and decided to try out the aforementioned Hyatt Regency as their 3rd night free offer made the stay come out to $120 a night (as well as trying out the older Grand Hyatt for a night).
rogo and River in Sight like this.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 6:18 pm

Thanks everyone for the suggestion. Looks like I’ll be staying at the Hyatt Regency instead
rogo likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 12:38 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, AA PLT for Life
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Agreed - I have a trip to Seattle coming up next month, and I found the state of Bonvoy choices to be quite bizarre, which definitely says something about the state of both Marriott and Starwood in Seattle before the merger. Based on reviews, everything seems to be either be old (Westin), unexciting (Sheraton, Renaissance), or too expensive for what it is (Marriott Waterfront). Honestly, the nicest looking properties seemed to all be concentrated in Bellevue - not the best for a first-time visitor to the city. As a result, I remembered my Hyatt status (I still default to Marriott, typically) and decided to try out the aforementioned Hyatt Regency as their 3rd night free offer made the stay come out to $120 a night (as well as trying out the older Grand Hyatt for a night).
The W and Westin Bellevue both seem pretty nice (I've spent time in lobby, bar, etc....) . That said, I can't imagine why a Seattle visitor would stay in Bellevue. It would be massively inconvenient.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.