Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2011, 12:39 pm

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta hub captive, Marriott Gold, US Mint Silver, CVS Red
Programs: "We've been starving, and sitting on a ham sandwich the whole time."
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by HoKo
Moron UPS driver just left $4,000 sitting on my doorstep with no signature.

Anyone have a good phone # for UPS so that I can call and complain and hammer it into their heads to never do this again or should I just use the general customer service line?
You're going to call UPS to let them know a driver just left $4,000 of coins on your doorstep, and didn't require your signature?

What do you think this will do to your future shipments?

If the coins were stolen, UPS is on the hook, not you. As they were not stolen, get over it and move on...

The "moron" driver just schlepped 80 pounds of your coins, never mind how many before. Have some kindness for this guy.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by wbl-mn-flyer
You're going to call UPS to let them know a driver just left $4,000 of coins on your doorstep, and didn't require your signature?

If the coins were stolen, UPS is on the hook, not you. As they were not stolen, get over it and move on...

The "moron" driver just schlepped 80 pounds of your coins, never mind how many before. Have some kindness for this guy.
wait a sec...
how did he order $4k in mint coins? I thought you could only order $1k per every 10 days. Did they all ship together or something? The longest I ever waited was 2 weeks. Can I get in on whatever you are doing? Is he 'exampled' or whatever they call it?
Did he use AX V MC GC $$$ ===>>>%% CB BC to get something?
Old Mar 9, 2011, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus

I doubt the OP will tell them what was in the package, but as an FYI the driver usually scibbles their own sig or some mark to make it look like it was signed for getting UPS off the hook. I had a driver doing something similar who was reported and re-educated on how to mark the slips and enter status information after they were going to return a box after two attempts (and on the same day) when he marked that I'd refused delivery not that I wasn't even there to respond in either direction.

Drivers absolutely can and do play the system, and sorry the box is heavy but if the poster doesn't report they are being played, the Drivers will continue doing so and the Poster would be on the hook, not UPS for the lost delivery.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
wait a sec...
how did he order $4k in mint coins? I thought you could only order $1k per every 10 days. Did they all ship together or something? The longest I ever waited was 2 weeks. Can I get in on whatever you are doing? Is he 'exampled' or whatever they call it?
Hey, I am with ya on this one. What the heck is going on? Is there some secret club you have to belong to? Do I have to put a referral link in my saggy?
Old Mar 9, 2011, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH

No, I am not going to tell them what the contents of the package was. I'm going to tell them when the shipper pays for and requires signature confirmation, do your job and get sig confirmation. Nothing more is needed.

I have no idea what you are even attempting to imply here, are you trying to say that future packages will be stolen? I think UPS might notice a pattern of one particular driver suddenly having tons of high value packages going missing...

And if this happens again because I do not take action AND this time the coins are stolen and the UPS driver forged my signature and I'm SOL, what then? Do you have a helpful response for me in that situation, or perhaps you want to cover my $4K loss.

1. It was a different driver than normal. 2. It's his job, I appreciate the work that my normal driver does for me BUT at the end of the day he's not doing anything out of kindness, he is simply performing his duties as required.
Originally Posted by GoingAway
I doubt the OP will tell them what was in the package, but as an FYI the driver usually scibbles their own sig or some mark to make it look like it was signed for getting UPS off the hook. I had a driver doing something similar who was reported and re-educated on how to mark the slips and enter status information after they were going to return a box after two attempts (and on the same day) when he marked that I'd refused delivery not that I wasn't even there to respond in either direction.

Drivers absolutely can and do play the system, and sorry the box is heavy but if the poster doesn't report they are being played, the Drivers will continue doing so and the Poster would be on the hook, not UPS for the lost delivery.
+1

This is exactly the sort of situation I want to avoid
Old Mar 9, 2011, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA Advantage Platinum, United 1K, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by QL_714
Hey, I am with ya on this one. What the heck is going on? Is there some secret club you have to belong to? Do I have to put a referral link in my saggy?
Yes, there is a club! Although, I don't think it is very secret!

Cheers!
Old Mar 9, 2011, 1:42 pm

wait a sec...
lolwut? Why are you acting like a n00b if you know everything..?
Old Mar 9, 2011, 1:47 pm

The driver is paid to schlep those coins AND obtain a signature for them.

UPS drivers are, in fact, paid quite well.

He has every right to complain that somebody wasn't doing their job.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 1:47 pm
Suspended

wait a sec...
Such a clear and flagrant violation of the Mint's stated policy! This sort of tomfoolery is going to kill the deal for the rest of us who carefully abide to the terms of the direct ship progam!!
Old Mar 9, 2011, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by Stoughton
Such a clear and flagrant violation of the Mint's stated policy! This sort of tomfoolery is going to kill the deal for the rest of us who carefully abide to the terms of the direct ship progam!!
In the past, orders of $24750 spaced a couple days apart didn't kill the deal.

Adherence to the T&C's is a separate discussion, but saying that $4k will kill it is a bit of a hyperbole.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH
wait a sec...
Originally Posted by QL_714
Originally Posted by ejs621
Yes, there is a club! Although, I don't think it is very secret!

Cheers!
Originally Posted by Stoughton
Lol you guys crack me up, making me a crack a smile even though I'm still with UPS
Old Mar 9, 2011, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by darwin76
The driver is paid to schlep those coins AND obtain a signature for them.

UPS drivers are, in fact, paid quite well.
UPS driver paid well? I guess we must differ on what "paid well" means. I wouldnt want to make that cheese.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 2:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by darwin76
but saying that $4k will kill it is a bit of a hyperbole.
And the grinning smile indicates it's also a bit of sarcasm
Old Mar 9, 2011, 2:21 pm
Original Member

Dollar Coin article out today describing benefits for the country

http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-bud...d=bb-budgeting
Old Mar 9, 2011, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by HoKo
Lol you guys crack me up, making me a crack a smile even though I'm still with UPS
Then I guess I did my good deed for the day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.