FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Mar 9, 2011, 1:25 pm
HoKo

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by wbl-mn-flyer
You're going to call UPS to let them know a driver just left $4,000 of coins on your doorstep, and didn't require your signature?

No, I am not going to tell them what the contents of the package was. I'm going to tell them when the shipper pays for and requires signature confirmation, do your job and get sig confirmation. Nothing more is needed.

What do you think this will do to your future shipments?

I have no idea what you are even attempting to imply here, are you trying to say that future packages will be stolen? I think UPS might notice a pattern of one particular driver suddenly having tons of high value packages going missing...

If the coins were stolen, UPS is on the hook, not you. As they were not stolen, get over it and move on...

And if this happens again because I do not take action AND this time the coins are stolen and the UPS driver forged my signature and I'm SOL, what then? Do you have a helpful response for me in that situation, or perhaps you want to cover my $4K loss.

The "moron" driver just schlepped 80 pounds of your coins, never mind how many before. Have some kindness for this guy.

1. It was a different driver than normal. 2. It's his job, I appreciate the work that my normal driver does for me BUT at the end of the day he's not doing anything out of kindness, he is simply performing his duties as required.
Originally Posted by GoingAway
I doubt the OP will tell them what was in the package, but as an FYI the driver usually scibbles their own sig or some mark to make it look like it was signed for getting UPS off the hook. I had a driver doing something similar who was reported and re-educated on how to mark the slips and enter status information after they were going to return a box after two attempts (and on the same day) when he marked that I'd refused delivery not that I wasn't even there to respond in either direction.

Drivers absolutely can and do play the system, and sorry the box is heavy but if the poster doesn't report they are being played, the Drivers will continue doing so and the Poster would be on the hook, not UPS for the lost delivery.
+1

This is exactly the sort of situation I want to avoid