FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/833911-buy-presidential-dollar-coins-cc-face-value-free-shipping.html)

Astrophsx Apr 5, 2010 10:19 am

ClimbGuy, is this a USPS PO Box? I'm not aware if USPS actually accepts UPS packages for their boxes. Might be hard for UPS to get a signature from someone at the post office? You also said that you were notified that the packages were accept, but you didn't say how...

Long Zhiren Apr 5, 2010 11:53 am

My orders keep getting cancelled!!

I haven't been able to put in a successful order for a couple months now. I've had three orders cancelled on me in a row now. Have I been blacklisted or something?
The last three order attempts have been little ones $250-$500 each.
Has anybody else been in this situation?
I actually spend these things and like using them. And it's hard to find a bank that's willing to sell more than one roll at a time to me. What's with that?
Actually, if somebody in the SF area is willing to sell me their rolls, I won't ask you to re-roll them or anything like the banks might. I'll just give you cash at face value. Thanks.

ClimbGuy Apr 5, 2010 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by Astrophsx (Post 13712511)
ClimbGuy, is this a USPS PO Box? I'm not aware if USPS actually accepts UPS packages for their boxes. Might be hard for UPS to get a signature from someone at the post office? You also said that you were notified that the packages were accept, but you didn't say how...

they were shipped via USPS.

COAIR005 Apr 5, 2010 7:45 pm

So...the mint keeps canceling my orders like 1 or 2 days before the scheduled fulfillment. Anyone has a way of keeping them from getting nixed PM me.

I'm in love with these coins so much - they are a part of my daily spending routine.

Thanks.

tattikat2 Apr 5, 2010 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by Long Zhiren (Post 13713066)
I haven't been able to put in a successful order for a couple months now. I've had three orders cancelled on me in a row now. Have I been blacklisted or something?
The last three order attempts have been little ones $250-$500 each.
Has anybody else been in this situation?.

I had a situation recently where even though I had not reached the 50 box limit my orders were being cancelled.
I called up and it turned out that they were being cancelled automatically because someone else was who had reached their limit had paid for their coins with a credit card who's last 4 digits- not the whole number- just the last 4 , was the same as the last 4 numbers of the card I was using.

Once they figured it out, I was able to resume ordering coins.

COAIR005 Apr 5, 2010 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by tattikat2 (Post 13716419)
I had a situation recently where even though I had not reached the 50 box limit my orders were being cancelled.
I called up and it turned out that they were being cancelled automatically because someone else was who had reached their limit had paid for their coins with a credit card who's last 4 digits- not the whole number- just the last 4 , was the same as the last 4 numbers of the card I was using.

Once they figured it out, I was able to resume ordering coins.

Interesting, the mint is going high tech. I'll have to give them a ring in the morning.

MojaveJack Apr 6, 2010 11:00 am

Originally Posted by ClimbGuy (Post 13715538)
they were shipped via USPS.

That's weird. New policy by the mint? Every order I've had @ $500+ has come UPS. The few I got single boxes for, single order split into multiple shipments, came FedEx to the local PO and then via the mail carrier. So now I alway order 2 boxes or more of a kind to (hopefully) ensure they come UPS overnite. The FedEx via the PO can take 5 days to get to me! :(

MojaveJack Apr 6, 2010 11:05 am

Originally Posted by Cheapskate Travels (Post 13712463)
We had an order short $1,750. Pitney claimed they were shipped, but luckily we had the original box and packing slip which claimed "14" units were shipped in one box. Those boxes last year could hold a maximum of 10 units (the ones with the trays) so it eventually got sorted out, but did take almost 2 months :eek: for our credit card to get refunded...they didn't send the coins.

They changed the limits after that so we were out the 1750 starpoints, as well as having to pay the CC before the refund came in. :td:

You could have contested the charge with the CC company. You wouldn't be required to pay the contested amount until the dispute was resolve and if it ended up you did have to pay the charge, you wouldn't be subject to and finance charges.

COAIR005 Apr 6, 2010 11:09 am

Originally Posted by COAIR005 (Post 13716438)
Interesting, the mint is going high tech. I'll have to give them a ring in the morning.

Followup: I spoke to the mint this morning, they didn't want to reinstate the canceled orders.

I guess they don't love me anymore :(

buschoi Apr 6, 2010 11:41 am

Originally Posted by COAIR005 (Post 13719933)
Followup: I spoke to the mint this morning, they didn't want to reinstate the canceled orders.

I guess they don't love me anymore :(

They normally do not reinstate a canceled order. You will have to re-order, and it will go through fine.

Kohoutek Apr 6, 2010 5:12 pm

Departed with $14 in Prez coins a week ago passing through toll boots.

Two rolls left. Good for about 3 months.

ToSRQ Apr 6, 2010 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by Kohoutek (Post 13722415)
Departed with $14 in Prez coins a week ago passing through toll boots.

Two rolls left. Good for about 3 months.

One way on the NJ turnpike?

Kohoutek Apr 6, 2010 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by ChiTownAbs (Post 13722435)
One way on the NJ turnpike?

LOL. No, it was a round trip elsewhere. :D

pawtim Apr 7, 2010 6:32 pm

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Looks like nothing is backordered at the moment.

JB5150 Apr 7, 2010 7:53 pm

Are you sure? I am seeing 4/14 and 4/22. (Although I did get some Washingtons this week that weren't scheduled to be available until 4/16, so who knows...)