FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/833911-buy-presidential-dollar-coins-cc-face-value-free-shipping.html)

deant Apr 2, 2010 8:21 pm

A question for everyone. Has anyone had an order for $500 of one president split for shipment? Today I received 2 emails for shipment - $250 each (with separate tracking numbers). Each shipment was sent FedEx "SmartPost". All the previous shipments have been UPS.

COAIR005 Apr 2, 2010 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by deant (Post 13700573)
A question for everyone. Has anyone had an order for $500 of one president split for shipment? Today I received 2 emails for shipment - $250 each (with separate tracking numbers). Each shipment was sent FedEx "SmartPost". All the previous shipments have been UPS.

It is normal. I've had it happen in the past. If the order splits below the $300 thresh hold it's sent ground. (fedex/usps)

Astrophsx Apr 3, 2010 9:13 am

Anyone else disappointed that drumdrum didn't grace us with an appearance on April 1st?

JudyJFLA Apr 3, 2010 5:05 pm

I figured I would get a rise out of him with my little joke on the new limits. Maybe he just stayed quiet while calling his senator and the white house!!

JudyJFLA - Awash in lovely golden dollars!

beachmiles Apr 3, 2010 6:16 pm

Well, I meant to say , I agree with you. Not, that you said too much.

Originally Posted by buschoi (Post 13700282)
I care, and ALL of those who want to do it as long as possible care I bet. Look at my comments again. I focused on the purpose of discussing (or bragging) of the order amount, rather than HOW they really use the coins. I really do NOT care how the coins are used - bring them to Las Vegas, South America, donate them, etc... and whatever.

Although the Mint has imposed the household limit, there are still a LOT of workaround I bet many people are not posting here. Some are bragging about receiving boxes of them every week, so you would know for sure the workarounds are there and they WORK. I don't care about that part either, as long as we do NOT give the Mint a bad publicity, and they will be secretly behind our efforts and reward us. They NEED to satisfy the mandated production of the coins, so they WILL leave loopholes for us to get through and help them circulate the coins. They just can NOT live with the constant negative feedbacks, another drumdrum, or so. What they need is friends, so do we need the Mint, and our bankers, who will be happily assisting us on our next bank visit. opps.... ;)

um... I think I am saying too much again.

buschoi Apr 3, 2010 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by beachmiles (Post 13704320)
Well, I meant to say , I agree with you. Not, that you said too much.

It took me a little while to process the original comment, but then figured out what you actually meant. :D

ClimbGuy Apr 4, 2010 10:27 pm

So what experience do people have with shipments getting lost?

I had a $12,500 order shipped to my PO Box. The item was accepted by the post office on March 24, but I haven't gotten them yet and no additonal e/Delivery Confirmation information is available.

I called the Mint on friday and was asked to give it another week. Has anyone had a similar problem? If so how did it work out?

thanks,
Ian

236Dakota Apr 4, 2010 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by ClimbGuy (Post 13710289)

I had a $12,500 order shipped to my PO Box. The item was accepted by the post office on March 24, but I haven't gotten them yet and no additonal e/Delivery Confirmation information is available.

I called USPS on friday and was asked to give it another week. Has anyone had a similar problem? If so how did it work out?

thanks,
Ian

drumdrum:)

ClimbGuy Apr 4, 2010 11:47 pm

duplicate

biggestbopper Apr 4, 2010 11:48 pm

Wish I knew what drumdrum meant. :confused:

Anyhow, I recently had a $5K order sent to a POB. Two boxes arrived one day with $3250 total. Although the paperwork said $5K had shipped.

A week went by--then box #3 arrived. All $5K came in.

Don't worry, be happy. :D

ClimbGuy Apr 5, 2010 12:02 am

The order shipped over a week ago and hasn't been scanned since it was accepted by the post office. How long did it take for the first two boxes to arrive? Did you see various updates when you checked the Delivery Confirmation number?

Originally Posted by biggestbopper (Post 13710493)

Anyhow, I recently had a $5K order sent to a POB. Two boxes arrived one day with $3250 total. Although the paperwork said $5K had shipped.

A week went by--then box #3 arrived. All $5K came in.

Don't worry, be happy. :D

mrpickles Apr 5, 2010 1:50 am

Originally Posted by biggestbopper (Post 13710493)

No you don't.

biggestbopper Apr 5, 2010 9:35 am

Ahhh, those mysterious FT words ... :confused:

As to how long the first boxes took to arrive, I think it was two to three weeks.

I never did check the website/confirmation # to see what was going on. My theory is don't look for trouble--and the mint, IMHE, has been reliable. They may cancel an order, but, they don't charge you for it. And, if they charge you, you will get the coins. ^

jerrydor Apr 5, 2010 10:07 am

Originally Posted by ClimbGuy (Post 13710289)

I called the Mint on friday and was asked to give it another week. Has anyone had a similar problem? If so how did it work out?

thanks,
Ian

they are insured at least...so if they get lost, insurance company is taking a hefty loss :D

Cheapskate Travels Apr 5, 2010 10:12 am

Originally Posted by biggestbopper (Post 13712185)
They may cancel an order, but, they don't charge you for it. And, if they charge you, you will get the coins. ^

The processor (Pitney Bowes IIRC) can have some serious problems packing the coins. Make sure you keep everything including packing slips, screenshots, etc. in case anything goes wrong.

We had an order short $1,750. Pitney claimed they were shipped, but luckily we had the original box and packing slip which claimed "14" units were shipped in one box. Those boxes last year could hold a maximum of 10 units (the ones with the trays) so it eventually got sorted out, but did take almost 2 months :eek: for our credit card to get refunded...they didn't send the coins.

They changed the limits after that so we were out the 1750 starpoints, as well as having to pay the CC before the refund came in. :td: