Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2010, 2:16 pm

Programs: All, but no status!
Originally Posted by QL_714
VAN's will not work for THIS deal.
Incorrect. VANs absolutely do work for this deal; I got an order on Thursday with a VAN. Remember: account number is naught but one factor against which to match.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by orgopeach
Has anyone been to the authorized payment centers for various utility companies? Are they sketch?
I have deposited coins for my PGE bill in the range of $200 at their main office in Lodi CA. First few times there were strange looks and then the last time she asked me not to bring them anymore as people do not like coins as change and they have to return to the bank.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by maulah
I have deposited coins for my PGE bill in the range of $200 at their main office in Lodi CA. First few times there were strange looks and then the last time she asked me not to bring them anymore as people do not like coins as change and they have to return to the bank.
Ok, here is a question for the lawyer's. If you get that in writing can you then write off the bill? Has anyone ever been succesful in this? Just curious, not looking to get away with anything personally.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, HH Dia, yadda, yadda....
Originally Posted by mia

We use full rolls to pay the petsitter. Does she deposit them in the bank? I expect not because she frequently emphasizes that she prefers to be paid in "cash".
I also have paid our petsitter with dollar coins as she does not take CC's. I did ask her if it was OK to pay that way first. She said "Sure. The kids use them for lunch money". I'm sure that will continue to be Ok for a while and as long as our bill is around $25 or so but I'm sure there would be an issue with more than that.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by rc408
Ok, here is a question for the lawyer's. If you get that in writing can you then write off the bill? Has anyone ever been succesful in this? Just curious, not looking to get away with anything personally.

IANAL but, you can fight anything you want if you are prepared to invest the time and money in doing so. I suspect most people are not willing to invest too much of either on this issue.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by photo_guy
IANAL but, you can fight anything you want if you are prepared to invest the time and money in doing so. I suspect most people are not willing to invest too much of either on this issue.
What is IANAL? (wasn't there a key to abbreviation's in FT? I can't locate it if there still is)
Old Feb 10, 2010, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
What is IANAL? (wasn't there a key to abbreviation's in FT? I can't locate it if there still is)
Not FT jargon, it's global Internet jargon.

http://www.netlingo.com/
IANAL - I Am Not A Lawyer
Old Feb 10, 2010, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Not FT jargon, it's global Internet jargon.

http://www.netlingo.com/
IANAL - I Am Not A Lawyer
Got it. Thank you for the link.^
Old Feb 10, 2010, 3:56 pm

Sorry guys. It is not that often that I get to use that one and I could not resist as it was very appropriate. Personally I tend to want to read it as I ANAL - which is another topic entirely.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 3:57 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA PLT
Originally Posted by 4Health
I tried to use the coins yesterday at a non-chain mini-mart near my home and the cashier/owner straight up refused to accept the coins. I tried to pay $26 with one whole roll and a single coin and he said no I'm not taking those, the bank charges me to deposit them. I almost flipped, but I maintained my composure and just walked out. How are we supposed to circulate them if stores won't accept them?
That's ridiculous. People like you are the reason I resent the US mint's position on this. If I weren't an expat, I would be taking full advantage of this promotion AND making sure I followed through with the spirit of the program by circulating them. Does anyone know if there are any restrictions on APO addresses?
Old Feb 10, 2010, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by Cityhawk
That's ridiculous. People like you are the reason I resent the US mint's position on this. If I weren't an expat, I would be taking full advantage of this promotion AND making sure I followed through with the spirit of the program by circulating them. Does anyone know if there are any restrictions on APO addresses?
Why are you upset at the poster?
Old Feb 10, 2010, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by GoingAway
Why are you upset at the poster?
I think he meant "That there are good people like you is the reason I resent the Mint..."
Clearly, it didn't come out the right way.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by pawtim
Incorrect. VANs absolutely do work for this deal; I got an order on Thursday with a VAN. Remember: account number is naught but one factor against which to match.
How do you know if the same CC that you always used would not have produced the same results? Many that have been shut down just keep on ordering and some do get through. Using VAN in your case most likely had nothing to do with your order getting through, IMHO!!! My money is on COA.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 7:19 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
deleted

Last edited by cordelli; Dec 23, 2010 at 2:16 pm
Old Feb 11, 2010, 3:03 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA PLT
Originally Posted by aviators99
I think he meant "That there are good people like you is the reason I resent the Mint..."
Clearly, it didn't come out the right way.
What he said

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.