Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2008, 11:40 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by alanh
Hm. Mine's showing as shipped today. We'll see.
My order shipped today as well. Tracking number shows no record of shipment, though. Too soon for the system to show anything, I guess.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 11:57 am

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
I got an email a couple days ago that said my order from 6/13 (original ship 7/2) was delayed until 7/17.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA MM-1P, Hilton Life Diamond, Marriot Life Gold, ICH Spire
Spartacus:

The SBA dollars, the Sacawagea dollars, and the Presidential dollars are all the same size, weight, and composition. A properly calibrated vending machine, fare box, etc., should accept them all interchangeably. Only the color and design is different.

Also, legislation signed earlier this year should result in new Sacawagea dollars being released for circulation in 2008, and in 2009 with a new design on the reverse side.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 10:47 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Just got an email tonight informing me that my 2 boxes have shipped. Found it odd considering 1) it's July 4th, and 2) I had previously received several emails from them advising me of several delays....the latest one until 7/15 or thereabouts.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 11:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
(Grumpy)
See, now they are just peeing me off. I keep getting emails stating that shipment is going to be delayed (we are up till July 16th I think). I know these pratt's are going to send these things out to arrive the day I leave town on business. I also know there's going to be a grand's worth of coin sitting outside my front door for three day's while I'm gone (because the y are too stupid to require a signature for these shipments). I think I'm going to cancel.
(/Grumpy)
Old Jul 5, 2008, 12:05 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by broadwayblue
Just got an email tonight informing me that my 2 boxes have shipped. Found it odd considering 1) it's July 4th, and 2) I had previously received several emails from them advising me of several delays....the latest one until 7/15 or thereabouts.
Same situation. Maybe they suddenly came into some more inventory...like unopened boxes of rolls returned from banks around the country.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 4:08 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
So has anyone made a second purchase as of yet? Same card? Same address? Same name? I just don't see them tracking this stuff all that well...they are the government after all!
Old Jul 5, 2008, 6:44 am

Programs: UA1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Million-Miler
Same here. Why July 4 as shipping date? Overtime in the mint?
Old Jul 5, 2008, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by dingo
So has anyone made a second purchase as of yet? Same card? Same address? Same name? I just don't see them tracking this stuff all that well...they are the government after all!
I tried using the same card, same address, same name. They cancelled my order. I didn't try using a different card, and my wife's name. I may try that.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 1:45 pm
ET

Programs: AA lifetime Gold, SPG
When did you place your order? I placed mine 6/16, and it now shows as backordered to be delivered on 7/22 . They just keep pushing it out to about 2 weeks into the future with no end in sight . I personally may need to cancel as well, if this keeps up. Maybe this is their strategy...
Old Jul 7, 2008, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Exclamation Back order to 22 July 08

Four credit cards, four family members, four online accounts with the U.S. Mint, same P.O. Box, $500 each, ordered 22-29 June 08. Two of us just received e-mails yesterday stating that our shipments were placed on back order to 22 July 08, a delay of fifteen days. No charge to our credit cards yet.

Perhaps this is giving the U.S. Mint time to reconcile their accounts.

My wife is looking forward to giving out solely $1 coins, rather than bills, as change for the Saturday farmer's market and Thursday street market in August. Good customer bonding!
Old Jul 7, 2008, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My order has been delayed too. It's starting to get frustrating. RIght now I'm concerned that the box will show up during August when I'm out of town.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 8:57 pm

What's going on?

I placed my order on 6/13 with an expected shipping date of 6/28. Day by day the expected shipping date gets pushed back until it reaches 7/15, and then the expected shipping date disappears altogether. I was just about to cancel my order. Next thing I know I get an email on 7/4 saying the order has shipped.

As of today nothing has been delivered. That's understandable...it was the July 4th weekend, and I've probably been spoiled by the private package delivery services. So I go online today to check my delivery status on the US Mint website:

Track Order
Where's my order? If your order is shipped, click the handy link to your shipment carrier to track it to your door.
I click this handy link (get taken to the USPS tracking page) and what do I see?

"There is no record of this item."

Why am I bummed? I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow and was hoping to use some of these coins for tips, etc. Now I just hope there's still a box on my doorstep when I return.

I guess I'll have to ask a neighbor to keep an eye out for it and pick it up for me.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ET
When did you place your order? I placed mine 6/16, and it now shows as backordered to be delivered on 7/22 . They just keep pushing it out to about 2 weeks into the future with no end in sight . I personally may need to cancel as well, if this keeps up. Maybe this is their strategy...
I ordered on 6/13 at 10:39PM.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Received a message this morning that my order is now estimated to ship on 23-Jul (ordered 23-Jun).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.