Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2011, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by particlemn
My order on Friday 7/1/11 from just went to "in Process" in the last hour
Thanks! And monday was a holiday. Weird that a poster that placed his on the third has his shipped and is receiving them tomorrow while others are on hold, yours from a couple days earlier just went into process, and an order from 6/30 of mine is in process (with the cancel box gone).
Old Jul 7, 2011, 11:23 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Joshua
We have even succeeded in convincing the rest of the world to measure flight loyalty programs in "miles". "Kms & More" doesn't quite have the same ring to it...
Indeed, many European carriers use "miles" in the name of their rewards program. I always grt a kick out of that. It has sort of become how Xerox used to be synonymous with copying something.

Do any air rewards schemes denominate their programs in kms?
Old Jul 7, 2011, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
True, look at how well we took to the metric system.
Regan killed metrification. Early adopters like the milatary and science agencies were screwed. I certainly hope the dug Regan's grave two meters deep instead of six feet.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 11:39 am

I was using a shorter period than 10 days for orders, which was working fine. However, orders placed on Saturday appear to not be working that violate the 10 day rule. One order shipped from Saturday's batch, and that account had previous order over 20 days earlier. So, I think I may need to start honoring 10 day rule again as all other orders are on hold.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by juggler451
I think I may need to start honoring 10 day rule again as all other orders are on hold.
I had an order that seemed to stay "on hold" for a very very long time. Couldn't figure out why and called to talk to Customer Service.

The CSR was very good and basically explained that they are going back to the order date + 10 days formula.
She was kind enough to get a supervisor to release the order, tho - thankfully!

Dave
Old Jul 7, 2011, 12:16 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, PriorityClub, HHonors
Originally Posted by Armin Tamzarian
...many still think they don't say "In God We Trust".
Do you blame them? "In God We Trust" used to be fairly visible on coins. Now you almost need a microscope to see it.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by bseller
I had an order that seemed to stay "on hold" for a very very long time. Couldn't figure out why and called to talk to Customer Service.

The CSR was very good and basically explained that they are going back to the order date + 10 days formula.
She was kind enough to get a supervisor to release the order, tho - thankfully!

Dave
I wish the mint would just decline the order right away if it is violating the 10 day rule seeing how they change the specifics of the rule all the time (sometimes it's 10 days after an order was placed, others it's 10 days after authorization and some after reported it's 10 days after an order is shipped) or cancel it in a couple days instead of just letting it sit out there.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 2:48 pm

abcde

Last edited by DrSifu; Jul 7, 2011 at 2:50 pm Reason: duplicate
Old Jul 7, 2011, 2:49 pm

063011 - made my first purchase of Jefferson dollars with Chase card

070111 - "Order Status: "Your order is on hold"

070711 - "Order Status: Your order request is in process"

Card was charged on 070711 from "OFC Dollar Coin"
Old Jul 7, 2011, 4:05 pm

Programs: DL GM
So the ten-day clock starts running at "order date" when the order was placed, or when your card was charged and the coins shipped? I've had an order languishing on hold since 6/19 that I can't understand why.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 4:44 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by Frinkiac7
So the ten-day clock starts running at "order date" when the order was placed, or when your card was charged and the coins shipped? I've had an order languishing on hold since 6/19 that I can't understand why.
Called them and the first lady told me it was 10 days from placement of the order, the second and more authoritative-sounding lady who processed my order out said it's 10 days from authorization. I'm going with the latter.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 5:30 pm

It's ten days from the order date.

Never had a problem with that.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anyone here know how the mint does the process from moving an order from hold to process? Sometimes it is done the next day and sometimes it takes a week.

I am curious as to the process of how it is moved? Is it moved in the sequence that individual orders are placed?
Old Jul 7, 2011, 8:16 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, American Advantage, Continental Onepass
Actually it's per card....
So you can order before 10 days if you don't use the same credit card.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 1:21 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
When I log in now to track my order, it says "No orders". Hopefully it's just down for maintenance and neglected to mention that.

Add: My order reappeared. Whew!

Last edited by MsEverywhere; Jul 8, 2011 at 1:54 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.