Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sutton Bank GCs

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2024, 3:18 pm

Since all problems reported in this thread involve Sutton Bank, they may be linked to the geographic location where Sutton Bank GC's are sold, or even the bank itself. I don't see enough reason to blame InComm for any of this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Since all problems reported in this thread involve Sutton Bank, they may be linked to the geographic location where Sutton Bank GC's are sold, or even the bank itself. I don't see enough reason to blame InComm for any of this.
Sorry, I have should have stated I have issues with InComm by Pathward as well. Located in Southeast (Kroger/Harris Teeter/Publix/Food Lion) territory.
MaxVO, churnfun and KwintSommer like this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 10:22 am

Weird. Vanilla VGC issued by Sutton, serviced by Incomm
"seasoned" with a $2.xx purchase last week
Today went to WM MC, tried to load $470.
Declined.
But when I call the # and listen for the transactions it says (because it works itself backwards):
Posted Credit of $470
Posted Debit of $470
Posted Deibt of $2.xx

So I'm not sure if it's WM system that's kicking it back
Attempted to load to Discover Debit, BTW.

Edit:
Duh
I hit the 7 day rolling limit for 7 individual loads.

Last edited by hurnik; Mar 25, 2024 at 12:31 pm
Old Mar 25, 2024, 12:07 pm

I called into the # on the back (Pathward serviced by InComm) and explained that my in store and online purchases were being denied and after 3-4 minutes of blah blah blah from the rep he finally offered me the ability to get a "refund for the balance on the card" after giving them all my info and emailing them the request with the generated case # and a photo of the front and back of the card to the InComm email address. I did this and received an email back saying the time line should be 10 days to review and issue me a check.

Couple things, when you put a purchase on the card that is "suspicious" it will decline and lock the card and you will have to call in unlock the card. You also cannot make online purchases with any vendor because these cards do not have any mailing address (in particular a zip code). So one could hypothetically play games with several small purchases and "hope" that I could eventually drain the card via MO in person, but that is no where near worth it. For those of you that can drain the near full balance on MO, I'm curious as to how InComm let's some MO grocers push the transaction through and others don't.
hurnik likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
For those of you that can drain the near full balance on MO, I'm curious as to how InComm let's some MO grocers push the transaction through and others don't.
That's the Million dollar question............
Old Mar 25, 2024, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
As I mentioned upthread, I was 4 for 4 on bad cards. I called, reported it and was told 4 new cards would be issued. They just love to waste money at Incomm. Today I received three Fedex envelopes with one card per Fedex envelope. The fourth one is currently somewhere and I was told wait for two days and call back. Would it have been so hard to have all four shipped in the same Fedex envelope? I know it would have been cheaper.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 5:52 am
soy

Programs: various

Couple things, when you put a purchase on the card that is "suspicious" it will decline and lock the card and you will have to call in unlock the card. You also cannot make online purchases with any vendor because these cards do not have any mailing address (in particular a zip code). So one could hypothetically play games with several small purchases and "hope" that I could eventually drain the card via MO in person, but that is no where near worth it. For those of you that can drain the near full balance on MO, I'm curious as to how InComm let's some MO grocers push the transaction through and others don't.
Once the card locks, you need a new card. There is no un-locking that happens
cuthroat likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 6:46 am

Interesting. They offered to send me a check. The rep on the phone said he "unlocked the card" and I told him "Fine wait while I try to use it online" and of course it didn't work and he saw it decline and said they would mail me a check after I email them a pic of the front and back and request a refund with the case number that was created. Now, I'll just use them for Pay1040 twice a quarter, only reason I got these InComm cards is because Rakuten has Food Lion in store at 1% vs other grocery stores. I'll keep updated on the refund status, something tells me it won't be easy.

Very clever on InComm's part to just decline purchases (In store) that are large under the guise of "suspicious" or more accurately "suspiciously unprofitable for InComm" but yet they work fine online at Pay1040.
hurnik and cuthroat like this.

Last edited by DeltaNeutral28; Mar 26, 2024 at 6:51 am Reason: .
Old Apr 3, 2024, 1:55 pm

Anyone able to get a card to work later if it declined for a small purchase at first attempt? I got all variations of Incomm serviced cards has this problem. The agent I talked today would not give me replacement until I wait and try again at a different store.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by churnfun
Anyone able to get a card to work later if it declined for a small purchase at first attempt? I got all variations of Incomm serviced cards has this problem. The agent I talked today would not give me replacement until I wait and try again at a different store.
Be firm, Tell them you bought the VGC to use at (XXXX) store Only. When they tell you to wait 24 hours, say you been through this (XXXX) times before and the cards never work after waiting.

Others had success after waiting 24 hours. In my case once the card fails it doesn't work no matter how long I wait. I've waited 8 days before because I was headed out of town.
churnfun likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 10:44 am

Interesting. They offered to send me a check. The rep on the phone said he "unlocked the card" and I told him "Fine wait while I try to use it online" and of course it didn't work and he saw it decline and said they would mail me a check after I email them a pic of the front and back and request a refund with the case number that was created. Now, I'll just use them for Pay1040 twice a quarter, only reason I got these InComm cards is because Rakuten has Food Lion in store at 1% vs other grocery stores. I'll keep updated on the refund status, something tells me it won't be easy.

Very clever on InComm's part to just decline purchases (In store) that are large under the guise of "suspicious" or more accurately "suspiciously unprofitable for InComm" but yet they work fine online at Pay1040.
So they did, indeed, send me a check within two weeks of submitting a claim. I was stunned, I was expecting 4-6 weeks.
MaxVO likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 11:18 am

I am so fed up with the process that I go straight to CFPB complaints. I was growing weary of calling the customer service folks. So every time I get a card decline I go straight to CFPB.

They will want pics of the cards, receipt and proof of address. They even refunded the fees and it took 2 weeks via fedex? So in line with your experience.
TTT103 and MaxVO like this.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by JiGGiE
I am so fed up with the process that I go straight to CFPB complaints. I was growing weary of calling the customer service folks. So every time I get a card decline I go straight to CFPB.

They will want pics of the cards, receipt and proof of address. They even refunded the fees and it took 2 weeks via fedex? So in line with your experience.
It is getting to the point of ridiculous with these people. Yes, I could just move on, but I have an addiction to our silly little hobby. Ha!

The last two instances, I was told that the replacement cards were coming via FedEx, but they ended up sending them snail-mail.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by JiGGiE

It is getting to the point of ridiculous with these people. Yes, I could just move on, but I have an addiction to our silly little hobby. Ha! I do have very few issues with Sutton's. My primary challenges are with Pathward's.

The last two instances, I was told that the replacement cards were coming via FedEx, but they ended up sending them snail-mail.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by TTT103
It is getting to the point of ridiculous with these people. Yes, I could just move on, but I have an addiction to our silly little hobby. Ha! I do have very few issues with Sutton's. My primary challenges are with Pathward's.

I had to replace a new card yesterday due to "fraud" and the CSR insisted that it was coming through FedEx but I don't buy it. The last 2 replacement cards that I have received all came through snail mail.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.