Wiki Posts
Search

Kroger Master Thread (2024 Onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2024, 4:45 am
ra7

Originally Posted by yugi
2 way worked?
Yes never had issues with 2-way with Sutton's. But with Pathward sometimes one of the cards had issues. So I always had an extra on hand to use or use my debit for the 2nd payment if that happens.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 8:42 am
Original Poster

A 4X fuel points on gift cards promotion starts today. However, a new restriction has appeared: Amazon gifts cards are excluded. I have never seen that before, and I have been buying Amazon cards at Kroger stores for several years.

Get 4x FUEL POINTS

when you buy participating gift card(s). *Offer valid 3/20/24 through 4/2/24 on 100’s of gift cards. Excludes the Kroger Family of Companies Gift Cards, Amazon gift cards, and some restrictions apply. See store for details.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Kroger has added this to its website: “ Effective March 20, 2024, Amazon Gift Cards will only receive 2X Fuel Points.”
Old Mar 20, 2024, 2:16 pm

Why do these sometimes not show up on harris teeter app ?
Old Mar 22, 2024, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

The Chase Offer of 5% back on Kroger/Fred Meyer fuel purchases is back, through April 20.

Fred Meyer Fuel

Success Added to card

Offer details

Earn 5% cash back on your Fred Meyer Fuel purchase, with a $3.50 cash back maximum.
Save BIG at the pump every time you fuel up at one of Fred Meyer Fuel Centers with Fuel Points!
Offer expires 4/20/2024. Offer valid one time only. Payment must be made directly with the merchant. Offer not valid on purchases made using third-party services, delivery services, or a third-party payment account (e.g., buy now pay later). Offer not valid on in-store, convenience, tobacco alcohol, or lottery purchases. Payment must be made on or before offer expiration date. Offer only valid on Fred Meyer Fuel and Kroger-branded Fuel Center purchases. Offer not valid on other Fred Meyer Fuel purchases or sister brand Fuel centers.
5% cash back
On a gas purchase

Expires on April 20, 2024
Old Mar 22, 2024, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

In addition to the Kroger fuel offer, some of my Chase cards have the same 5% offer on Fred Meyer groceries (and gift cards are NOT excluded).

Fred Meyer

Success Added to card

Offer details

Earn 5% cash back on your Fred Meyer purchase, with a $4.50 cash back maximum.
At Fred Meyer, it’s easy to save big, no matter how you shop. We believe in fresh for everyone.

Plus, with free pickup and delivery when you spend $35*, you’ll get the same great prices online as in-store. We offer 100% satisfaction with your online order, or we'll make it right. That’s a win-win!
Offer expires 4/20/2024. Offer valid one time only. Payment must be made directly with the merchant. *Free pickup on orders of $35 or more. Pickup and delivery where available. Restrictions apply. See site for details. Offer not valid on Delivery Now, Fuel or Ship orders. Offer not valid on purchases made using third-party services, delivery services, or a third-party payment account (e.g., buy now pay later). Offer not valid on pharmacy, tobacco, alcohol, or lottery purchases. Payment must be made on or before offer expiration date.
5% cash back
Get up to $4.50 back

Expires on April 20, 2024
Old Apr 8, 2024, 1:19 pm

Hello folks are you still able to buy money orders using SecureSpend or Vanilla VGCs (both issued by Pathward and distributed by InComm) at Kroger? The $500 swipe didn't work for me with not authorized error. Thanks.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by metafuture
Hello folks are you still able to buy money orders using SecureSpend or Vanilla VGCs (both issued by Pathward and distributed by InComm) at Kroger? The $500 swipe didn't work for me with not authorized error. Thanks.
I was able to buy a $999 money order at a Smiths (Kroger affiliate here in Utah) on Saturday 4/6/24 with a Vanilla VGC (Sutton/Incomm) purchased at CVS the day before
i asked to pay with two accounts, swiped each for full $500

Last edited by MauiKauaiOahu; Apr 8, 2024 at 10:23 pm Reason: Added $500 per swipe
Old Apr 10, 2024, 6:47 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by metafuture
I'm using them on regular basis, but sometimes they don't work, you need to replace and try again.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by MauiKauaiOahu
I was able to buy a $999 money order at a Smiths (Kroger affiliate here in Utah) on Saturday 4/6/24 with a Vanilla VGC (Sutton/Incomm) purchased at CVS the day before
i asked to pay with two accounts, swiped each for full $500
Thanks for your reply. Today tried again at QFC (my local Kroger in WA). First $499 MO with one $500 VGC swipe worked. Then tried $999 MO, first swipe of $500 went through but the second failed, had to use bank debit to complete the transaction. Still unclear about all the hidden rules.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by yugi
I'm using them on regular basis, but sometimes they don't work, you need to replace and try again.
Thanks. I replaced some cards after failure in other scenarios, having to replace them and waiting for the new cards to arrive is PITA.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 10:48 am

FWIW. I purchased a Vanilla VGC on Thursday, and had problems at Kroger with the first one later that afternoon. I went back to Kroger on Saturday and was aable to use that same card to get a MO with no problems.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 1:27 pm

Use Kroger gift card to buy other gift cards

It seems Kroger updated its POS system sometime ago. I used to be able to purchase other store gift cards (not visa, master) with Kroger gift card at self checkout. Today, POS said tender not allowed. Last month, it went through without any problem.

Added on 04/26/2024: Bought a GC with credit card at SFO, no problem.

So we can confirm the good days are gone.

Last edited by daviddyer; Apr 26, 2024 at 8:22 pm Reason: Add more info
Old Apr 23, 2024, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by daviddyer
It seems Kroger updated its POS system sometime ago. I used to be able to purchase other store gift cards (not visa, master) with Kroger gift card at self checkout. Today, POS said tender not allowed. Last month, it went through without any problem.
Same for me unfortunately.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by daviddyer
I did this a couple weeks ago without issue (Chipotle). I'll have to look into this when I go again this week.

Datapoint: if your KR sells Draftkings gift cards, the ones with no fee, they aren't activating properly. I used CC and it got all the way to activation and then failed. What was bittersweet about it, I got 4x fuel points and a refund to my CC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.