Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kroger Master Thread (2024 Onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2024, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Kroger Master Thread (2024 Onwards)

MODERATOR NOTE: This thread is a continuation of the previous thread found at Kroger master thread (2019 onwards)

It has been a while since Kroger has had their gift card deal, and this one starts on Friday and only lasts three days. This stacks well with the current Chase Offer on Fred Meyer purchases.

Get 4x FUEL POINTS

when you buy participating gift card(s). *Offer valid 1/5/24 through 1/7/24 on 100’s of gift cards. Excludes the Kroger Family of Companies Gift Cards, some res...More Details
Exp. Jan. 07 - 4 days left!

Last edited by tcook052; Jan 13, 2024 at 9:31 am
Old Jan 3, 2024, 12:37 pm

Got a chase offer for 20% cashback on Kroger Ship orders - I assume that won't work with ordering their VGCs online, but has anybody tried? Kroger VGC online are usually not worth it (100 largest denomination and activation fee is 6 dollars but with 20 percent cashback it's actually palatable with Freedom/FF 5 percent category being grocery stores)
Old Jan 3, 2024, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by egathis
Got a chase offer for 20% cashback on Kroger Ship orders - I assume that won't work with ordering their VGCs online, but has anybody tried? Kroger VGC online are usually not worth it (100 largest denomination and activation fee is 6 dollars but with 20 percent cashback it's actually palatable with Freedom/FF 5 percent category being grocery stores)
Another reason it is unlikely to be profitable: On-line gift cards come from Gift Card Mall, so they don’t qualify in the grocery category.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
Another reason it is unlikely to be profitable: On-line gift cards come from Gift Card Mall, so they don’t qualify in the grocery category.
Woof forgot about that too. I was able to take advantage of some promo codes last quarter and the ability to pay with paypal which ended up being a net positive but if that 20% cashback doesn't work for GCM (which I'll assume it won't if it doesn't code as grocery anyway) then definitely not worth it.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 4:57 pm

No problem using the vanilla serviced by incomm at Kroger for $500.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 5:10 pm

My Red version USB VGC was on hold when I try to purchased MO at Kroger 2 month ago, now I have it replaced and they send me a black version of USB VGC which I think is the old version of UBC VGC, does anyone has some DPs for this black USB VGC to purchase MO $499 at Kroger recently? Thanks.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 11:54 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by wuchaoallen
My Red version USB VGC was on hold when I try to purchased MO at Kroger 2 month ago, now I have it replaced and they send me a black version of USB VGC which I think is the old version of UBC VGC, does anyone has some DPs for this black USB VGC to purchase MO $499 at Kroger recently? Thanks.
Why don't you try and tell us how it went???
Stoshbygosh likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by berombeu
No problem using the vanilla serviced by incomm at Kroger for $500.
Attempted a $1000 transaction at Kroger with 2 vgc vanilla by Incomm last week, first swipe went, second "not authorized". Waited till today, feeling encouraged by your post, different card on the first swipe accepted again, second one "not authorized" but it was the one I used last week that was accepted. Only since the end of December have I not been able to do 2 swipes. Tried to rerun as $500 transaction and got "not authorized" on every card. Are they limiting to a single swipe now? And not letting repeat transactions with vanilla cards?
Old Jan 5, 2024, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by Kindred1
Attempted a $1000 transaction at Kroger with 2 vgc vanilla by Incomm last week, first swipe went, second "not authorized". Waited till today, feeling encouraged by your post, different card on the first swipe accepted again, second one "not authorized" but it was the one I used last week that was accepted. Only since the end of December have I not been able to do 2 swipes. Tried to rerun as $500 transaction and got "not authorized" on every card. Are they limiting to a single swipe now? And not letting repeat transactions with vanilla cards?
I guess your post confirmed that you couldn't do back to back. I only do 1 swipe at kroger, don't need to stick around more than what I came in for.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 4:52 pm

Are the USB vgcs still ok for online bills (utilities, insurance, etc)?
Old Jan 5, 2024, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by Jdpoints
Are the USB vgcs still ok for online bills (utilities, insurance, etc)?
Yes I paid for my medical insurance bill with USB cards just last week. I had to register the cards before I used it online.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 9:58 am

Just tried a single swipe of $500 for MO at a different Kroger and got not authorized using vanilla vgc serviced by Incomm
Old Jan 6, 2024, 12:00 pm

For the first time in several months, not a single VGC worked for purchasing closed-loop gift cards at SCO for the weekend 4x FP sale. This has been a reliable liquidation route for me until this month. Vanilla Incomm from CVS, Vanilla Incomm from WM, SS from WM, BHN 435880 from Staples all failed, and all had worked reliably in previous months (although this BHN BIN is new). 435880 also failed for MO a few weeks ago.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Hobo_Joe
For the first time in several months, not a single VGC worked for purchasing closed-loop gift cards at SCO for the weekend 4x FP sale. This has been a reliable liquidation route for me until this month. Vanilla Incomm from CVS, Vanilla Incomm from WM, SS from WM, BHN 435880 from Staples all failed, and all had worked reliably in previous months (although this BHN BIN is new). 435880 also failed for MO a few weeks ago.
Were you draining for the full amount? Try a smaller purchase that is under the value of the VGC.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by Hobo_Joe
What am I missing here? Why would you use VGCs to purchase closed-loop GCs at Kroger? Why not just use a CC that bonuses purchases at grocery stores?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.