Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kroger Master Thread (2024 Onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2024, 5:01 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by wuchaoallen
The vanilla visa gift card not working I my Kroger today, oh no,
You need to wait 24 hours after purchasing, then use it, one at a time. You can combine with BHN $500 (Vanilla) + $480 (BHN).
Old Feb 1, 2024, 4:14 pm

Experimenting...bought a secure spend VGC which turned out to be a 409758, did an organic spend at a different store than Kroger, established the PIN, was then able to get a MO at Kroger for the remaining balance.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by yugi
I'm waiting since 1/5, and nothing came in yet.
They told me 4-5 weeks. So hopefully coming very shortly for you
Old Feb 1, 2024, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by Kindred1
Experimenting...bought a secure spend VGC which turned out to be a 409758, did an organic spend at a different store than Kroger, established the PIN, was then able to get a MO at Kroger for the remaining balance.
I was actually planning on replying to your earlier post but looks like you’ve figured out the strategy. What I like to do it is simply buy one canned vegetable or fruit for .99 to $1.45. Then you’re good to drain for 499.01 or less.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by Jdpoints
I was actually planning on replying to your earlier post but looks like you’ve figured out the strategy. What I like to do it is simply buy one canned vegetable or fruit for .99 to $1.45. Then you’re good to drain for 499.01 or less.
This is new, never had to do that before. Does this method work for the USBank cards as well?
Old Feb 2, 2024, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by Kindred1
I was able to autodrain a "used" 409758 with a $200 balance on it and also used a fresh 409758 for 2 transactions of $250 each today at SCO, both transactions for 3rd party gift cards. This option hasn't worked for me for a few months.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by niniss
My $500 incomm replacement worked with one $499 swipe.
Tried again with an vanilla vgc (from CVS) and again got "not authorized" at Kroger. Looks like it's time to quit buying them as I'm sick tired of having to call and asking for replacement card.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 10:16 am
ra7

Tried again with an vanilla vgc (from CVS) and again got "not authorized" at Kroger. Looks like it's time to quit buying them as I'm sick tired of having to call and asking for replacement card.
You probably need to call CS and they will activate it for you
Old Feb 4, 2024, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by ra7
You probably need to call CS and they will activate it for you
What do you mean "activate for you?". The card is already activated when I paid for it at CVS. Anyways, I called CS and just like last time I was told "maybe the stripe is bad, we'll send you a replacement card in 3 business days." Hopefully the replacement will work smoothly like last time. But it's definitely not worth it if Everytime have to get a replacement to make it work.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 5:35 pm
ra7

What do you mean "activate for you?". The card is already activated when I paid for it at CVS. Anyways, I called CS and just like last time I was told "maybe the stripe is bad, we'll send you a replacement card in 3 business days." Hopefully the replacement will work smoothly like last time. But it's definitely not worth it if Everytime have to get a replacement to make it work.
Few times when I called they asked for the card details and said that they activated the card and its good to go. After that when I tried it worked fine.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Fred Meyer Fuel 5%

I got this Chase Offer on nine of my Chase cards today.

Old Feb 9, 2024, 12:17 pm

Newbie here from KY!
I recently purchased my first GC at Staples and MO at Kroger, but it was a $200 GC and I was only able to purchase $199.
What can I do to Multiple swipe and buy a MO for more money? Talk to the cashier? Should I just swipe Multiple swipe silently?
Old Feb 9, 2024, 10:16 pm

Programs: AA, Southwest
All trial and error now But for multiple swipes, you will have to specify to the cashier and it could give away you are using a GC.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 10:48 pm

My $500 incomm replacement worked with one $499 swipe.
Update: in the exact same store this time a $500 incomm vgc replacement card got "not authorized" with $499 swipe, but went through with $479 swipe. Don't know what's going on.
onenation1994a likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 11:58 pm

Seattle area data points for BHN VGC and MCGC:
at Fred Meyer, maximum of 2 swipes, can clear out all of gift card -- (mine were $200)
at QFC, the same worked -- haven't tried 3 swipes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.