Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kroger Master Thread (2024 Onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2024, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by Kindred1
I've tried 8 different cards, varying amounts. Someone posted earlier they are getting similar results at self checkout.
Your issue could be store specific. Either lots of MSers frequent that store and your caught behind the velocity limit or that store is just a no go. I have a Meijer close by, my success rate is always low there. Even when USBs were working. But the cards would always work at a different location.

At this point your cards are probably locked (even tho CSR will tell you it’s not). Order replacements and try a different store
Old Jan 12, 2024, 4:38 am

Has anyone has been able to use the USB 403015 cards recently at Kroger for MO?
Old Jan 14, 2024, 1:24 pm

Programs: IHG, Hilton diamond (IHG match) SPG gold
DP Yesterday Pathward 4097 (bought at Safeway) 3x5 ok 4th declined at Kroger - retried at Wally within an hour also declined - trying again today.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 8:35 pm

Kroger USB VGC working any more for buying MO?

Is US bank VGC (from Korger) working for buying MO at any place? Any recent DP?
Old Jan 15, 2024, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by 808pineapple
DP Yesterday Pathward 4097 (bought at Safeway) 3x5 ok 4th declined at Kroger - retried at Wally within an hour also declined - trying again today.
just want to clarify, pathward-issued $500 vgc worked for MO @ Kroger?
Old Jan 15, 2024, 10:53 am

I could be mistaken but I don't think any Meta/Pathward VGC has worked at WM for a long time for MO...
Old Jan 21, 2024, 5:36 pm

Blackhawks at Harris teeter kroger

Newbie here! $200 Blackhawk Mastercards from staples have always worked for me at Harris teeter swiping for $199 money orders. A different store in town has variable load up to $500 for Blackhawk Mastercards. Are up to $499 loads with these normally successful at Harris teeter / Kroger? Thanks!
SailorJoe because I see a lot of comments from you and it’s like you know all lol
Old Jan 22, 2024, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by Jrhjrh
Newbie here! $200 Blackhawk Mastercards from staples have always worked for me at Harris teeter swiping for $199 money orders. A different store in town has variable load up to $500 for Blackhawk Mastercards. Are up to $499 loads with these normally successful at Harris teeter / Kroger? Thanks!
SailorJoe because I see a lot of comments from you and it’s like you know all lol
Lol. I just read a lot and experiment a bit. I don't have a Harris Teeter around me, nor have I seen much written about it, the the 500 variables from BHN have always been a pita for me.
grayland likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 7:15 am

newbe to Koger, we passed a few Ks yesterday but didnt stop since we didnt know the score and had 2 other chains where we were that worked . the places that worked got us 2 MOs @ 499 each and every time , 1 swipe for each, which didnt matter since 500 was the max per MO , so we said why do 2 swipes and maybe trigger something by saying that when we can swipe 1 time twice w/o any problems. Our question is whats the max @ Koger per MO?

OT: the WMs we stopped at if we passed them asked up front how many MOs do u want if you said 1 they wouldnt give u a 2nd. We didnt try asking for a 999 mo since we didnt want to run into 'need to see the cards, or ID please' fwiw this was down South, had no problems getting 3 in some Wallys in AZ the other week all for 499

All MOs were gotten using ice cream or SM
Old Jan 24, 2024, 8:22 am
ra7

Originally Posted by theroz
newbe to Koger, we passed a few Ks yesterday but didnt stop since we didnt know the score and had 2 other chains where we were that worked . the places that worked got us 2 MOs @ 499 each and every time , 1 swipe for each, which didnt matter since 500 was the max per MO , so we said why do 2 swipes and maybe trigger something by saying that when we can swipe 1 time twice w/o any problems. Our question is whats the max @ Koger per MO?

OT: the WMs we stopped at if we passed them asked up front how many MOs do u want if you said 1 they wouldnt give u a 2nd. We didnt try asking for a 999 mo since we didnt want to run into 'need to see the cards, or ID please' fwiw this was down South, had no problems getting 3 in some Wallys in AZ the other week all for 499

All MOs were gotten using ice cream or SM
you can get 999 MO at Kroger using split payment
Old Jan 24, 2024, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by ra7
Thx, does asking for a 999 and saying you want to use 2 cards to pay for it usually trigger a bunch of questions like at Wallys or do u get hit with can I see the cards you want to use

we hardly are in K territory and passed all of 3 that I remember after hitting 20+ other stores yesterday but will be back down here in a months time (although in this Biz a month is like eternity with how what works today is literally dust tomorrow) and if theres 3 stores there must be more we werent looking for that chain but for a different one
Old Jan 24, 2024, 9:47 am

Thx, does asking for a 999 and saying you want to use 2 cards to pay for it usually trigger a bunch of questions like at Wallys or do u get hit with can I see the cards you want to use

we hardly are in K territory and passed all of 3 that I remember after hitting 20+ other stores yesterday but will be back down here in a months time (although in this Biz a month is like eternity with how what works today is literally dust tomorrow) and if theres 3 stores there must be more we werent looking for that chain but for a different one
This MS game is all depend on the cashiers. Some don't care, some really care that they wanted to see the card.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by berombeu
This MS game is all depend on the cashiers. Some don't care, some really care that they wanted to see the card.

well the places we hit yesterday not 1 asked but its a single swipe for 499, but at least you will work out with 2, going in to swipe 2x and end up being carded or whatever and leaving with 0, we prefer the former

we still play will they or wont they (care) when we see whos manning the counter, many times the ones we think are easypesey are anything but and the ones that look like they will rack you over the coals were the sweetest and even a 3x was was doable.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 10:58 am

well the places we hit yesterday not 1 asked but its a single swipe for 499, but at least you will work out with 2, going in to swipe 2x and end up being carded or whatever and leaving with 0, we prefer the former

we still play will they or wont they (care) when we see whos manning the counter, many times the ones we think are easypesey are anything but and the ones that look like they will rack you over the coals were the sweetest and even a 3x was was doable.
From my personal experience when a cashier ask if I'm paying with "cash or credit", then they wanted to see the card when I said debit. Whereas, if I don't get that question, BAU even if I do a split transaction.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by ra7
It actually depends on the state. In AZ the max is $750, and I believe in VA the max is also $700 or $750 too. Not sure about all other states, but probably most sell $1k MOs,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.