Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Amex & Visa Serve Master Thread (2024 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex & Visa Serve Master Thread (2024 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2024, 1:17 pm

I currently have not been able to find a single VGC at any WM in my city that does not have the BIN # 4097 58, which I have not been able to use to load at all. Does anyone have any other location recommendations for someone in Nebraska/ midwest that isn't a WM?
Old Mar 22, 2024, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by Mr_Smithy
I currently have not been able to find a single VGC at any WM in my city that does not have the BIN # 4097 58, which I have not been able to use to load at all. Does anyone have any other location recommendations for someone in Nebraska/ midwest that isn't a WM?
While we're at it, does anyone know where I can catch a 10 lb bass?
Old Mar 22, 2024, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by fly2fish
While we're at it, does anyone know where I can catch a 10 lb bass?
Im obviously not asking for someones honey hole. Just looking for recommendations of other chains or big box stores. You can take the snarky bs somewhere else.
TyrannicalDuncery likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 9:18 pm

Any DPs on Bankcorp issued mgc to load Serve? assume it won't work?
Old Mar 24, 2024, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Just ran through “Invalid merchant” at FD while loading $500 from Staple $200 MCGC by Pathward bought same day. I tried after 1:30 Hr after I bought GC. Anyone ran into this recently? Should I wait 24Hr for second attempt?
Old Mar 24, 2024, 11:01 am

Wait 24 hours.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by crazypaving
Just ran through “Invalid merchant” at FD while loading $500 from Staple $200 MCGC by Pathward bought same day. I tried after 1:30 Hr after I bought GC. Anyone ran into this recently? Should I wait 24Hr for second attempt?
This is a problem on the store side, not your cards. It means the store has reached it's $$$ limit for an allotted time period (i.e., somebody loaded before you). Come back in an hour or try another store.
It may also mean that you've hit your load limit for the month.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 9:09 pm

I had serve 8 years ago and got shut down. Now I could not get my online application through after changing browsers. Am I blocked for getting a new account?
Old Mar 26, 2024, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by sungchiahao
I had serve 8 years ago and got shut down. Now I could not get my online application through after changing browsers. Am I blocked for getting a new account?
Yep. Serve bans are for life, as far as we know. Probably banned from Bluebird as well. Find someone (spouse?) who will let you use their SS#.

Curious - why did you think changing browsers would help?
Old Mar 26, 2024, 2:47 pm

It's a habit from fishing for better credit card offers.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 11:51 am

I used to be a BB guy, so not 100% familiar with Serve. Read the wiki from last thread. I have a gas station that offers the blue (Debit) serve that are variable up to $500, the fee was $1.50. If the gas station allows to load (or purchase I should say?) with credit could I theoretically get a $500 debit for a $1.50 fee if I only want to use it for online purchases?
Old Apr 3, 2024, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
I used to be a BB guy, so not 100% familiar with Serve. Read the wiki from last thread. I have a gas station that offers the blue (Debit) serve that are variable up to $500, the fee was $1.50. If the gas station allows to load (or purchase I should say?) with credit could I theoretically get a $500 debit for a $1.50 fee if I only want to use it for online purchases?
Pretty sure that one charges a $6.95 monthly maintence fee right off the bat. So, more like $10. But you'd know if you'd bothered to read the fine print on the back of the package.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 8:13 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
Apparently the trick to that Serve is to zero out your account before the next monthly service fee is charged. If you do so, they apparently don't charge your account that fee.

Don't know from experience. I have a Green Serve card from a state that doesn't allow service fees.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by radonc1
Apparently the trick to that Serve is to zero out your account before the next monthly service fee is charged. If you do so, they apparently don't charge your account that fee.

Don't know from experience. I have a Green Serve card from a state that doesn't allow service fees.
No, that's just the trick for the regular Serve. The one OP is talking about (I believe, they didn't specify, I think there are a couple of different ones) will be a $501.95 charge on your credit card, then when you get home and check the balance on the Serve, it'll be $493.95. Maybe in subsequent months you can avoid the fee by having a zero balance, I dunno? But the answer to OP's questions is, no you're not getting a gebit for $1.95. Speaking of which, does anyone remember the $0 temp Serves? Those were the greatest.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 6:20 pm

I have a Serve Green free load card with the 6.95 a month charge. I'm happy to pay it for all the use my card gives me and maybe because they make some money on me I'm Less likely to get shut down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.