Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Amex & Visa Serve Master Thread (2024 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex & Visa Serve Master Thread (2024 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2024, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by crazypaving
Loading failed at cvs and WG for serve. Tried staples 200 VGC. anyone having same issue?
How are you liquidating VGCs at CVS and Walgreens?
Old Feb 23, 2024, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by IAD_flyer
Today I got "Do Not Honor" errors at three of the ten FDs I visited today. The other seven worked fine. Using Pathward/Meta MCGC BIN:511332 for all transactions. First time getting "Do Not Honor" after doing this for a few years.
I've now had 2 "invalid merchant" declined serve loads using meta staples vgc at one regular FD on consecutive days, and 1"do not honor" at another regular FD same cards. My previous 2 $500 loads at this second FD had been fine. A $500 staples vgc meta load at a 3rd FD went through no issue today. Wondering what the rules are on this....if its dead or sporadic or if theres any recourse w serve to intervene with FD. Seems like an FD specific phenomenon here
Old Feb 23, 2024, 6:02 am

Today I got "Do Not Honor" errors at three of the ten FDs I visited today. The other seven worked fine. Using Pathward/Meta MCGC BIN:511332 for all transactions. First time getting "Do Not Honor" after doing this for a few years.
Today I got the "Invalid Transaction" error at one FD, something seems to be up.
Originally Posted by Prometheus77
Lots of fails this week for me at FD loading VGCs to Serve and BB. SS VGCs (Metabank) and Pathward Vanillas giving a "Do not honor" message when attempting to load even low amounts. Call the number for both cards and was given the usual "increased fraud safety measures" speech. Requested new cards be sent as they wouldn't even work for low dollar amounts at other merchants.

100% good to go with $1K and $500 Sutton VGCs from Simon as well as Blackhawk $500 VGCs from Staples for loading for now. The Suttons also worked fine at WM for card loading to One and Discover.
3 do not honor/invalid merchant errors loading staples meta 200 vgc at 2 diff FD. Tried twice in each attempt. First time the cards would auto drain up to 500 then give the error decline on final card swipe. Second time the error decline showed up when i swiped my serve card b4 id swiped gc. Wondering if thats a register load lockdown, or something to do with my serve card.

Also, any dps of successful load at a store that gave a "do not honor" previously?
Old Feb 23, 2024, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by joewynton
I too have gotten these quite a few times recently.
Try again tomorrow and see if they still give you the same issue. My issue was resolved the following day.
was this FD, DG, or WM? Following day did you try again at same store at which you got declined?
Old Feb 23, 2024, 11:18 am

DP from my first try in NorCal. Tried to use $500 BHN-Pathward VGC (bought at Wegman's in NYC) at WM Money Center to load $475. Inserted Serve card, swiped VGC, entered PIN, CSR told me "Debit not available". Bought $10 Tacobell with the VGC and it worked. Do people generally stay away from BHN VGCs?
Old Feb 23, 2024, 3:10 pm

Whenever I get the errors "do not honor" or "invalid merchant", I just ask the cashier if someone came in to load a card not long ago? the last 2 times I got that error message, cashier said yes. I just thanked them and came back later and it works no problems.
upright0744 likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by johnebg9824
Whenever I get the errors "do not honor" or "invalid merchant", I just ask the cashier if someone came in to load a card not long ago? the last 2 times I got that error message, cashier said yes. I just thanked them and came back later and it works no problems.
which vgc are you using?
Old Feb 24, 2024, 6:49 am

Using Staples $200 VGCs at FD 2 cards two swipes for $400 load. I haven't had very many issues lately none the last 2 weeks in MD and PA..
Old Feb 24, 2024, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by johnebg9824
i wonder what is the lock out period. Tried to load again at same FD with same card 15 min later and got invalid merchant at the end of the transaction.

Last edited by flyzeus; Feb 24, 2024 at 4:36 pm
Old Feb 25, 2024, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by flyzeus
i wonder what is the lock out period. Tried to load again at same FD with same card 15 min later and got invalid merchant at the end of the transaction.
Best to give it an hour. We tried to figure it out when this was first introduced about 5 - 6? years ago. We could never nail it down exactly, but know it's somewhere between 22 and 45 minutes.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 12:32 am

Is WM and FD the best places to load the Serve card? I assume the other locations like CVS, Rite Aid, and 7-11 only accept cash for reloads?
Old Feb 26, 2024, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
Is WM and FD the best places to load the Serve card?
FD is fee-free with the green so that is the "best".
Old Feb 26, 2024, 5:30 am

FD is fee-free with the green so that is the "best".
So is WM.
pointnfly likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 5:07 am

Serve Bill Pay and customer service.

I had a 200 dollar credit card payment on February 20th to Commenity Bank(Bread Cashback card) go missing. Commenity isn't part of the electronic payment system. I made 3-4 different calls to Serve customer service, each one answered by someone who sounded Indian. That itself isn't a problem. The fact that the answers I was getting were so terrible that I hung up the phone each time there. was an issue. One rep said I was giving the wrong security code on the back of the card(I wasn't). One said the system was slow and left me in limbo for like 10 minutes before I hung up. The last one said I needed to wait 5-7 days, because I guess, a week isn't long enough to wait???? I might just mail my complaint and request for a stop payment in, so I don't have to deal with these phone issues anymore. Has anyone used snail mail for a complaint?

Last edited by CLELOSER; Feb 27, 2024 at 9:17 am
Old Feb 27, 2024, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by CLELOSER
...each one answered by someone who sounded Indian. That itself isn't a problem.
It was obviously a problem for you; otherwise, why even mention it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.