Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Amex & Visa Serve Master Thread (2024 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex & Visa Serve Master Thread (2024 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2024, 11:59 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Bought 5 SecureSpend cards, and after a few hours stopped by Walmart. Loaded 4 without problem (2 swipes per transaction), but 1 card had the same behavior as before giving error codes 12 and 57. I called the number on the back of the card and was told they removed the block after all the failed transactions but if I wanted to retry at the same merchant they would have to send me a replacement.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 7:54 pm

I went back and tracked the source of all my baddies that appear to be locked at no use (even for normal stuff like groceries) at no swipe of 100 or more, either credit or debit. All of them were bought at 7-11. One thing I am wondering is if Incomm is placing restrictions on cards based upon place of purchase. It would explain a lot of the divergent data points we are seeing.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by OssianBlue
I went back and tracked the source of all my baddies that appear to be locked at no use (even for normal stuff like groceries) at no swipe of 100 or more, either credit or debit. All of them were bought at 7-11. One thing I am wondering is if Incomm is placing restrictions on cards based upon place of purchase. It would explain a lot of the divergent data points we are seeing.
I have way too many personal DPs of buying 2 VVGCs (both regular or SS) at the same store, in the same transaction, for the same dollar amount, even sequentially numbered, where one goes through BAU, and the other fails. I also have plenty of DPs of fails on cards that were bought at stores other than 7-11s.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 4:53 pm

I have a $200 VVGC that has full balance available. However, I cannot use it with PIN or without PIN in store. Also, cannot use it online for any merchant I've tried so far. Kinda puzzled what could be the issue.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 6:15 pm

For seasoning the card... does it have to be an in-person purchase? Got some small online bills to pay, and was thinking to season my 409758s with those.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 6:41 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by dwatcher
I have a $200 VVGC that has full balance available. However, I cannot use it with PIN or without PIN in store. Also, cannot use it online for any merchant I've tried so far. Kinda puzzled what could be the issue.
Locked card.
You need to call CS and get it unlocked or as has been reported above, replaced.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by daniel60104
For seasoning the card... does it have to be an in-person purchase? Got some small online bills to pay, and was thinking to season my 409758s with those.
Online bills should be ok, that's what I did. I paid a small amount the night before and loaded them next day.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by churnfun
Online bills should be ok, that's what I did. I paid a small amount the night before and loaded them next day.
Quick update - Paid for water bill the night before, card still got locked while trying to load at FD.

Called Vanilla to get it unlocked and was able to load successfully after.
pointnfly likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by radonc1
Locked card.
You need to call CS and get it unlocked or as has been reported above, replaced.
Yep. had to get it replaced, the guy didn't even offer to unlock. Should be coming via fedex within 5 days.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 6:32 pm

Lots of fails this week for me at FD loading VGCs to Serve and BB. SS VGCs (Metabank) and Pathward Vanillas giving a "Do not honor" message when attempting to load even low amounts. Call the number for both cards and was given the usual "increased fraud safety measures" speech. Requested new cards be sent as they wouldn't even work for low dollar amounts at other merchants.

100% good to go with $1K and $500 Sutton VGCs from Simon as well as Blackhawk $500 VGCs from Staples for loading for now. The Suttons also worked fine at WM for card loading to One and Discover.

Last edited by Prometheus77; Jan 27, 2024 at 9:42 am
Old Jan 27, 2024, 10:57 am

DP - SS 4097 58 - MetaBank - Declined

Finally got hit with one. SS from Safeway, BIN and Bank in title. InComm of course. I mentioned in a previous post I've had 100% success rate with $499 swipes. Was distracted and went straight for a $500 load. Debit not Available. Now the card won't even work for a stick of gum. Called CS, they said it's not blocked. Try one more time, call back if it doesn't work. Tried again, no love. Going to call today to get a new one mailed.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 6:13 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
DP from this week
Loaded BB Amex and BB Visa with OM SE cards, single swipe $200 at FD without issue.

Tried to load Serve at WM with SE card at cashier and for some reason, failed and of course, trying a second time got the 57 code. Wailted 24 hours and successfully loaded using same card at MC without issue.

For me, if my card fails, waiting a day usually clears the issue. Other DPs suggest shorter peirods of time.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by SailorJoe
Finally got hit with one. SS from Safeway, BIN and Bank in title. InComm of course. I mentioned in a previous post I've had 100% success rate with $499 swipes. Was distracted and went straight for a $500 load. Debit not Available. Now the card won't even work for a stick of gum. Called CS, they said it's not blocked. Try one more time, call back if it doesn't work. Tried again, no love. Going to call today to get a new one mailed.
Often if you wait for over 24 hours, and then try again, the VGC will have been "unblocked" and you can often swipe them successfully again.

Last edited by gregorygrady; Jan 30, 2024 at 12:14 am Reason: Edit: Whoops, I posted before I finished reading all posts, looks like poster above me posted the exact same info.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by IAD_flyer
One for each right? We know it is possible to have 2x AMEXs. Does anyone have 2x AMEX & 2x Visa?
Does the Visa and Amex get separate daily/monthly/yearly load limits?

Is it still possible to get the amex serve?
Old Feb 1, 2024, 3:53 pm

4097 58 BIN cards

Originally Posted by churnfun
You can checkout those threads but basically do not buy BIN 4097 58 cards because they are getting declined in a lot of places starting recently. I made the mistake buying a bunch
I have few which worked for serve load and few are not. I ordered replacement card and still the same issue. Do they work anywhere?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.