Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Amex & Visa Serve Master Thread (2024 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex & Visa Serve Master Thread (2024 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2024, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by IAD_flyer
Today I got "Do Not Honor" errors at three of the ten FDs I visited today. The other seven worked fine. Using Pathward/Meta MCGC BIN:511332 for all transactions. First time getting "Do Not Honor" after doing this for a few years.
Today I got the "Invalid Transaction" error at one FD, something seems to be up.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 5:05 pm

Were any of these Visa’s bought from Staples?
Old Jan 7, 2024, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Were any of these Visa’s bought from Staples?
No they were all, Pathward/Meta MCGC BIN:511332 from Staples.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 6:32 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Loaded 2 replacement secure spends for the full $500 without problem to Serve. As far as I’m concerned, it’s blown over
cuthroat and pointnfly like this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 12:36 pm

side question: my mom recently found an old visa giftcard which wasn't used for all this time. I quickly checked and the balance is still intact. However, I tried to liquidate it by loading to my serve card at FD. These are the Vanilla type VGC, but the back says Bancorp.
When i tried to liquidate it at FD by loading my Serve card, the terminal said "debit tender not allowed" same thing happened twice. So i suspect this card wont work.
I'm thinking that the card is too old and the BIN has been coded in the system to disallow debit. If I call the number in the back of the card and ask them to issue a new one, I suspect that should help with the process. Has anyone tried this and got this to work ?
Old Jan 10, 2024, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by IAD_flyer
No they were all, Pathward/Meta MCGC BIN:511332 from Staples.
I too have gotten these quite a few times recently.
Try again tomorrow and see if they still give you the same issue. My issue was resolved the following day.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by ianalita
...in Ohio, and no FD will accept debit for reloads.
Why do you keep repeating this? Two people in the old thread told you that they were in Ohio and load Serve at FD all the time, and that it's not the state, it's the stores/cashiers you're going to. Some stores make up their own rules, usually because they've been burned by fraud.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 2:43 pm

Happy New Year all!

Question for all Serve BB experts --
Is it possible to get Serve green VISA if you already have Serve Green Amex with same SSN ?
I read somewhere on this forum that up to 5 Serve/BB cards are allowed per SSN but I just now applied for my card #2 and got declined.
I have no shutdown history.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by hellorb77
Happy New Year all!

Question for all Serve BB experts --
Is it possible to get Serve green VISA if you already have Serve Green Amex with same SSN ?
I read somewhere on this forum that up to 5 Serve/BB cards are allowed per SSN but I just now applied for my card #2 and got declined.
I have no shutdown history.
I have Serve green Visa and Amex. Had no issues applying for both. Did wait 30 days though, but not on purpose, just due to other coincidence. Still, maybe it matters?
Old Jan 13, 2024, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SailorJoe
I have Serve green Visa and Amex. Had no issues applying for both. Did wait 30 days though, but not on purpose, just due to other coincidence. Still, maybe it matters?
I have serve amex. How do I get Visa? where to apply for visa version? Can one have 2 Amex versions under same SSN?
Old Jan 13, 2024, 3:19 pm

Question

One for each right? We know it is possible to have 2x AMEXs. Does anyone have 2x AMEX & 2x Visa?
Old Jan 13, 2024, 4:14 pm

Thanks for confirming.
That is what I thought and my current serve card is way older than 30 days so that is not the issue.

Could it be identity cannot be be verified issue so they are just rejecting it ?
Do you know if applying for Serve is adding a hit to my Chex history?
Old Jan 14, 2024, 7:53 pm

Like few others Suttons failed me today. Requested to lower amount but still failed. The cards are from the same bunch that worked a few days ago for full load. Incomm is 👀
Old Jan 14, 2024, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by hellorb77
Thanks for confirming.
That is what I thought and my current serve card is way older than 30 days so that is not the issue.

Could it be identity cannot be be verified issue so they are just rejecting it ?
Do you know if applying for Serve is adding a hit to my Chex history?
You can get a copy of your Chex for free. When you go to the Chex website, they'll ask you "were you denied a checking account' or something like that, but they never ask you to prove it.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 8:02 pm

You can get a copy of your Chex for free. When you go to the Chex website, they'll ask you "were you denied a checking account' or something like that, but they never ask you to prove it.
​​​​​​
oh, and more to the point, when I checked mine, Discover reported. No reporting from Serve, One.app, Capitol One, Chase, Wells Fargo, US Bank, SoFi or Chime. Those are all the banks I've churned where the account was opened over 60 days ago.

We probably need a separate thread to track that. Tons of banks just didn't bother to report.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.