Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Stop & Shop and Giant supermarkets gas rewards points on gift card purchases(2024- )

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2024, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: soy
S&S Promotion History 2024 onwards

1/12/24: 2xVGC
3/15/24: 2xVGC
Print Wikipost

Stop & Shop and Giant supermarkets gas rewards points on gift card purchases(2024- )

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2024, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by NBG007
Are Giant PA and Martin's Maryland rewards earning/usage interchangeable?. For example, if i use my Giant PA phone # in Martin store in MD, will it work or do i have to create separate ac?. CS seems confused as they say it sometime works and sometimes do not.
Yes, they are. I've used my Giant-PA card and gotten gas at Martin's a few times.
NBG007 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by Zepcro
Sutton is the bank and InComm services the card. Did you mean to ask whether Pathward or Sutton is better?
My bad, thanks for clarifying. So, Pathward or Sutton better, does it matter?
Old Jan 13, 2024, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by tuphat
My bad, thanks for clarifying. So, Pathward or Sutton better, does it matter?
A lot of us have had problems with both but I've had less issues with Sutton lately.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 9:49 pm
Suspended

Liquidate all gc on gaming apps. No fees. It's much easier that way

QUOTE=profitone;35892521]Specific question-- but has anyone gotten Vanilla to work paying either Geico or Xfinity lately? Im getting rejects paying bills and of course Vanillas taj ma CS cant help me and just spews "use at another merchant"... I cant buy these if they dont work anywhere anymore.

Edit: What do these vanillas actually work for nowadays?

I got it to work paying medical and dental bills but thats about it. I want metabank back!![/QUOTE]
Old Jan 13, 2024, 9:52 pm
Suspended

Just liquidate them on gaming apps

A lot of us have had problems with both but I've had less issues with Sutton lately.
alot of issues with these gc these days. Yall need to just unload on gaming apps. So much easier and it's no fees
Old Jan 14, 2024, 7:18 am

1/19-25: 8x on Choice GCs

Last edited by danpeake; Jan 15, 2024 at 5:42 am
Old Jan 14, 2024, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Gc liquidater
Liquidate all gc on gaming apps. No fees. It's much easier that way
What exactly are gaming apps and what would one end up with after liquidating to it..Im not a gamer..
Old Jan 14, 2024, 11:58 am

Programs: UA, CO, Delta, AA, BA, Hilton, Starwood, Marriott
Tried to liquidate 2 $500 vanilla card that I bought at SS and got denied on both. Never had this issue before, anyone experienced the same?
Old Jan 14, 2024, 1:48 pm

Location: WashDC - AA Lifetime Gold, UA Premier Gold, Marriott Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, Cal Tort Burrito Elito
Originally Posted by NBG007
Just say for rewards point from the CC or gas points
yep - this has always worked for me.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by karenfly
Tried to liquidate 2 $500 vanilla card that I bought at SS and got denied on both. Never had this issue before, anyone experienced the same?
where did u try to unload them? Another S&S store?

we were deied at another store last week but had no problems unloading them when we were in PHX and WM or Frys
Old Jan 14, 2024, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by profitone
What exactly are gaming apps and what would one end up with after liquidating to it..Im not a gamer..
I'm guessing he's referring to online gambling, but can't shed any light onto any specific provider.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by theroz
where did u try to unload them? Another S&S store?

we were deied at another store last week but had no problems unloading them when we were in PHX and WM or Frys
On a local grocery store. The card was declined by issuer. I called and new cards will be sent out. So no one else has experienced this?
Old Jan 14, 2024, 5:05 pm

On a local grocery store. The card was declined by issuer. I called and new cards will be sent out. So no one else has experienced this?
Did you attempt to use the entire balance of the SS card? If so, this has happened to many of us over in the Walmart thread. Next time, try a MO for less than the entire balance of the gc and it will likely work. I doubt that you needed to order replacement gc.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 8:31 pm

Did you attempt to use the entire balance of the SS card? If so, this has happened to many of us over in the Walmart thread. Next time, try a MO for less than the entire balance of the gc and it will likely work. I doubt that you needed to order replacement gc.
Thanks! I did not know that. I always use entire balance. 3/5 cards work 2 were declined today.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 6:29 am

...So no one else has experienced this?
This is widespread and has been going on for about a month. See the Blueblird, Serve, Walmart threads and MS weekly thread over on the churning subreddit for more info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.