Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2024 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2024, 5:49 pm

Opening Account with Simon Mall

I made my initial in-person purchase at a Simon Mall last Friday afternoon, 2/2/24. I sent the follow-up email later that night to [email protected] but I still haven't received a response after a week. When I try to sign in to my on-line account, I see the message that says my account is under review. I see the recent post where someone else experienced a delay as well. Does anyone know how long this will take?
Old Feb 9, 2024, 8:30 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by Lingli1979
I got $500 Sutton card from Simon Mall but found out there is no way to register it for fraud prevention. Do you guys register Sutton cards before using it? Thanks
​​​​​​​I do not believe there is anyway to register vanillas, however in my experience the best method of fraud prevention is rapid draining
Lingli1979 likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by Prometheus77
I never register them as I tend to use them shortly after leaving the purchasing location. They are active and good to go from time of purchase. I usually liquidate them all in the same day of purchase or the next.
Thanks! It is a bit of hard for fast liquidation in my area. The Metabank cards can be registered in my online Simon Mall account which give me more time to liquidate them.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by soy
​​​​​​​I do not believe there is anyway to register vanillas, however in my experience the best method of fraud prevention is rapid draining
Thanks! I agree using them ASAP is the best method. But when it's hard to do so, registering those cards buys me some more time.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by SuperTodd
I made my initial in-person purchase at a Simon Mall last Friday afternoon, 2/2/24. I sent the follow-up email later that night to [email protected] but I still haven't received a response after a week. When I try to sign in to my on-line account, I see the message that says my account is under review. I see the recent post where someone else experienced a delay as well. Does anyone know how long this will take?
Everything was super slow for me and ended with my account being denied. I asked for clarification but got complete silence after that. No idea.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 3:31 pm

That's pretty frustrating. I was really excited about being able to liquidate $1,000 Sutton cards after spending the last 7 years liquidating $200 VGC's but it sounds like it may not happen. I love the benefits of manufactured spending. I guess I need to read your other posts regarding your Walmart liquidation methods.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by SuperTodd
That's pretty frustrating. I was really excited about being able to liquidate $1,000 Sutton cards after spending the last 7 years liquidating $200 VGC's but it sounds like it may not happen. I love the benefits of manufactured spending. I guess I need to read your other posts regarding your Walmart liquidation methods.
I will know soon if this still works - I want to hit EP on AA this year so just waiting for March to hit on my AA cards and I will attempt some 1K cards.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by LukFilm
I'm opening a new volume account and they are asking for a REASON for GCs. What should I put on there?
LOL, after applying and putting "Manufactured Spending" as the reason, the following was the reply from Simon:

Based on your intended use being Manufactured Spending, please re-register for a Consumer account using your SSN as MS is strictly a consumer activity.

Old Feb 12, 2024, 4:25 pm

Yep, that's the standard response.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 10:21 pm

That might be good news for me. I applied for a consumer account and listed "MS" as my reason. I'll let you guys know if I actually get approved.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 9:21 am

I got an email saying that I have to go to the mall first and all activation fees will be waived on this purchase. Nice!
Old Feb 17, 2024, 6:49 pm

Simon Account Shut Down?

I have been using Simon moderately for a couple of years. Recently, I added a new credit card to my account. I received an email stating that it was under review, and then it was denied! I can't even use my old cards now. I contacted customer service, and was told that they did not have jurisdiction over this, but would forward my email. Thus far, silence. Any thoughts about how to get reinstatement? I am a moderate user, not a heavy one. Any ideas? This is really frustrating. I wonder if I can go to the Mall nearby and order $1,000 gift cards from them. The whole thing is just weird.

Thanks.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 4:13 am

Was the card in your name? Did it have the same address registewred with Simon? I've added many cards without problems, so something about this card triggered a compliance issue.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 5:50 am

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott, Hyatt
I added one this past Friday at 4 Eastern and it was approved same day. Definitely either something weird about the card or maybe you fat fingered something. Are you able to try to edit the card or add any others?
Old Feb 18, 2024, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by cripps
I added one this past Friday at 4 Eastern and it was approved same day. Definitely either something weird about the card or maybe you fat fingered something. Are you able to try to edit the card or add any others?
I cannot even enter my account. Something strange happened. I cannot imagine what. It’s possible I typed in wrong number or something. But I would think I could still use older cards. Weird. If only I could speak to someone there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.