Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2024 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2024, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by SailorJoe
Nah, Amex will gut ya for MS. However, the office 500s soy mentioned for zero fee with the 5X card can be converted to InComm 500s like SS or Vani at WM SCO. Doing so costs $4.94 per 500 gebit, so you give up just under 1%.

Result: you get InComms with a net 4% gain. Some would argue the extra step of going through WM SCM is a drag, but we're going to WM anyway, so we might as well take max advantage of the MS run. Right?
Sounds like a good ide, can you describe the steps?
Old Jan 13, 2024, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by 05fuelmyopic
Search for posts by me. Everything you need to know, I've already described.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 1:05 pm

Search for posts by me. Everything you need to know, I've already described.
In fact, look for the thread "strategy to consolidate gift cards..." And also follow the link inside that thread. Then, look for anything I post about my "expirements". Finally, go out and run some experiments of your own, then share your DPs here ;-)
Old Jan 13, 2024, 1:43 pm

What SailorJoe does works, and works really well but I do think there is an important distinction.
His method (tried and true by me) is multi-step, multi-stop. In addition your consolidated VGCs will not have your name on them, and are $500.
When you compare this to 1K cards that do have your name on them and will come delivered to your home so all you need to do is liquidate, now all you need to consider is the timing involved.

Both work great, in fact, likely combining them works best.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by dwCoffee
What SailorJoe does works, and works really well but I do think there is an important distinction.
His method (tried and true by me) is multi-step, multi-stop. In addition your consolidated VGCs will not have your name on them, and are $500.
When you compare this to 1K cards that do have your name on them and will come delivered to your home so all you need to do is liquidate, now all you need to consider is the timing involved.

Both work great, in fact, likely combining them works best.
I think I will combine it at the end. I still need to activate my SimonMall account by going there in person, but that is a 2h drive each way, so I am procrastinating...

dwCoffee As I do not have access to the cards yet, can you share the standard fee and shipping charge for the Simon cards?

Last edited by 05fuelmyopic; Jan 13, 2024 at 1:54 pm
Old Jan 13, 2024, 1:53 pm

In fact, look for the thread "strategy to consolidate gift cards..." And also follow the link inside that thread. Then, look for anything I post about my "expirements". Finally, go out and run some experiments of your own, then share your DPs here ;-)
Thanks! For others that might be interested as well - here is the link to the post with the steps.

SailorJoe Can the $500s be immediately liquidated via e.g. Discover loading or is another visit necessary?

Last edited by 05fuelmyopic; Jan 13, 2024 at 1:59 pm
Old Jan 13, 2024, 1:58 pm

However, the office 500s soy mentioned for zero fee with the 5X card can be converted
500s have a Fee
Old Jan 14, 2024, 4:06 pm

Thanks! For others that might be interested as well - here is the link to the post with the steps.

SailorJoe Can the $500s be immediately liquidated via e.g. Discover loading or is another visit necessary?
These always have wait periods. I always wait 24 hrs with new InComms, but then I always have some InComms laying around, from WM, SW, CVS or Simon or VanillaGift or any other bulk sale online. So, I go to WM to drain Some InComms and convert some BHNs all in one trip.. keeps it efficient for me.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 6:55 pm

These always have wait periods. I always wait 24 hrs with new InComms, but then I always have some InComms laying around, from WM, SW, CVS or Simon or VanillaGift or any other bulk sale online. So, I go to WM to drain Some InComms and convert some BHNs all in one trip.. keeps it efficient for me.
Will need to check the inventory at my WM or CVS of InComms
Old Jan 14, 2024, 7:56 pm

Will need to check the inventory at my WM or CVS of InComms
As far as I know, all the Vanillas and SS cards at WM are InComms. Of course YMMV so read the back, but most everything I've seen have all said "(some bank) serviced by InComm" where (some bank) is usually Sutton or Pathward these days, but a few Metabanks out there, some others have been mentioned over the years. Either way, while there are some differences between the banks, it's the servicer that matters most. InComm == good, Blackhawk == difficult, anything else... No idea
Old Jan 15, 2024, 8:40 pm

Incomm is playing all sorts of games now. I have a bunch of them I can only use ANYWHERE for 99 or less.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by OssianBlue
Incomm is playing all sorts of games now. I have a bunch of them I can only use ANYWHERE for 99 or less.
issued by Sutton or Pathward?
Old Jan 15, 2024, 10:32 pm

Pathward, Metabank, and Sutton. All bought either at 7-11s or Wal-Mart in mid to late December.
TyrannicalDuncery likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by OssianBlue
Pathward, Metabank, and Sutton. All bought either at 7-11s or Wal-Mart in mid to late December.
ya posted on Simon GCs thread, thought the Sutton-issued VGCs from Simon also had issue...
Old Jan 17, 2024, 2:28 pm

I have one Simon 1K that appears to be locked after a failed load at FD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.