Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2024 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2024, 12:14 pm

do you get points for instore purchase of VGC @SM for amex? It shows as mall name merchadise
Old Mar 16, 2024, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by slickdude1234
do you get points for instore purchase of VGC @SM for amex? It shows as mall name merchadise
No
Old Mar 18, 2024, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by TucsonJohn
I’ve been averaging $575 - 600k last 4 years with Simon, mostly P1 + P2, on several different cards. I don’t think Simon cares, so far, but as radonc1 noted your bank might care.
I would assume you aren't putting all of this back into 1 location, between P1 and P2, and a few loading options (Debit loads, MOs and different banks) you could easily stay at ~100k per bank per year and it shouldn't cause too many issues...
Old Mar 18, 2024, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by dwCoffee
I would assume you aren't putting all of this back into 1 location, between P1 and P2, and a few loading options (Debit loads, MOs and different banks) you could easily stay at ~100k per bank per year and it shouldn't cause too many issues...
Would you share how you liquidate those Simon cards?
Old Mar 18, 2024, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by dwCoffee
Actually it all goes through my credit union. And it’s all MO. We had an existing relationship (1998 or so) with the CU, though it was just a paycheck allotment that paid a car loan. Back at beginning of 2017 I started depositing MO. As I started to increase my amounts to ~$2k / month, they asked about it. Explained what I did and why and they’ve been fine with it so far. But after reading your comment, it would make sense to start another account or two to spread it around.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by 05fuelmyopic
Would you share how you liquidate those Simon cards?
Until very recently I was buying MO at a regional grocer and WM. But last week my grocer stopped selling MO at all their locations, at least in Tucson (and probably Phoenix). So now I will just hit WM. I think there’s 17 or so in the area. At the grocer I could unload $1k per MO, but WM in AZ is $950 each. I can still use a $1k card but it’s 2 MO fees ($1 each). Right now I’ll eat the extra fee to clean out the $1k cards I still have. Going forward I’ll just buy $950 Simon vgc.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by TucsonJohn
Until very recently I was buying MO at a regional grocer and WM. But last week my grocer stopped selling MO at all their locations, at least in Tucson (and probably Phoenix). So now I will just hit WM. I think there’s 17 or so in the area. At the grocer I could unload $1k per MO, but WM in AZ is $950 each. I can still use a $1k card but it’s 2 MO fees ($1 each). Right now I’ll eat the extra fee to clean out the $1k cards I still have. Going forward I’ll just buy $950 Simon vgc.
why $950 and not $951? that way the MO will be for $950
Old Mar 19, 2024, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by theroz
why $950 and not $951? that way the MO will be for $950
Ha, didn’t really think about that!
Old Apr 1, 2024, 5:48 pm

Never mind. Silly me.

Last edited by dwCoffee; Apr 1, 2024 at 6:04 pm
Old Apr 2, 2024, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by soy
Are you able to log into Simon volume site. When I log in I see the details of the various cards I have registered in my payment methods

If not, I do not see any language to that effect in the email and I cannot think of why they would do that - what about people who lose their card or close their account after initial registration?
Their goal is to verify you are a real person, so confirming your ID and that the CC you use in-store is in your name should be enough. HQ will review the transaction details to confirm everything once they get the email. If super nervous, you could call them and ask them about the last 4 on the CC, but not sure I would even bother.
DP. I was DENIED a Simon online account. While no-one would respond to my emails asking why, the only thing I could think of was because I used a different card for my first in-person purchase than the one I registered with online.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by dholly16
I have a personal account with 1K. They specifically told me no to biz and personal is fine. It's still called a sales/volume account. I just had to make the initial purchase in store for min of 2K.
what is the process to get a personal volume account set up? register it online, then go to an SM store to activate it? or just show up at an SM to create the account? TIA
Old Apr 3, 2024, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by SuperTodd
That might be good news for me. I applied for a consumer account and listed "MS" as my reason. I'll let you guys know if I actually get approved.
which consumer account, regular or volume, did you register?
Old Apr 3, 2024, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer

This is the email that comes upon account registration. I've read in this thread that you need to do the initial purchase with the same card that you registered the account with. Is this true?
I don't recall what card I signed up with... Am I SOL?
is your account business or consumer volume?
Old Apr 4, 2024, 6:55 am

Programs: Marriott, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold, SWA, United, British Air, Jet Blue, Alaska
If you haven't yet, you will be receiving soon....

Very bad news
Simon Giftcard® | Updated Fee Structure

KJ
Kate Johnson <[email protected]>

Good morning Robert,

Thank you for being a loyal Simon Giftcard® customer. We wanted to take a moment to make you aware of some important updates to our fee structure.

Effective today, April 4, 2024, we have had to make the difficult decision to increase our card purchase fees to $5.49 per card, along with a small increase to our shipping fees. This change is necessary after many years of increasing costs including steep increases in credit card merchant fees. We have worked hard to maintain the most competitive fees on the market, maintaining our card purchase fee rates over the past 9 years while most others in the market have raised their fees.

We believe that you will find that despite the change, we are still the lowest fees on the market. In addition, we hope that you will find our product offers some key perks that are not available elsewhere, including a large selection of design options, the availability of $1,000 denominations, fast and secure shipping, and free card personalization.

We value your business and are committed to continuing to deliver exceptional value and service. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected].

Thank you,

The Team at Simon Giftcard®

cuthroat likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 7:28 am
soy

Programs: various
It looks like shipping for a 10k order is gone up to $20, think it was $15.99 before

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.