Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buying Money Orders at Walmart (2024 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buying Money Orders at Walmart (2024 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2024, 2:01 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by TTT103
My one $500 pathward/incomm that failed twice yesterday – – once at Walmart, and the other time at a grocery store, failed again this evening at a third grocery store. I called and they are sending me a replacement card, yet again.

I am thinking that some stores have velocity limits.
My replacement pathward/incomm card also failed at Walmart. When you say velocity limits, do you mean block incomm card?
Old Feb 10, 2024, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by westlaker
My replacement pathward/incomm card also failed at Walmart. When you say velocity limits, do you mean block incomm card?
At one of my Walmarts, no gebit cards will work for money orders. at my regular, go to Walmart, it has been up and down in terms of what works. I used to be able to do two swipes for a money order up until a few days ago, followed by two swipes to load Discover. Now, two swipes for a money order is about all that I can do. In addition, it seems that when a card fails, it fails everywhere for me. It’s as if it gets locked after the first failure.

I’ve had five replacement cards sent to me within the last few weeks. All of them worked. We shall see what happens when the next one arrives later this week. From what you reported, it sounds, as if maybe that one will not work for me, either.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 11:43 am

it seems that when a card fails, it fails everywhere for me. It’s as if it gets locked after the first failure.
Does it still say Active when you call the # on the back of the card?
How are you able to tell is is locked short of trying to make an in-person purchase?
Old Feb 11, 2024, 2:15 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Premier Platinum
At one of my Walmarts, no gebit cards will work for money orders. at my regular, go to Walmart, it has been up and down in terms of what works. I used to be able to do two swipes for a money order up until a few days ago, followed by two swipes to load Discover. Now, two swipes for a money order is about all that I can do. In addition, it seems that when a card fails, it fails everywhere for me. It’s as if it gets locked after the first failure.

I’ve had five replacement cards sent to me within the last few weeks. All of them worked. We shall see what happens when the next one arrives later this week. From what you reported, it sounds, as if maybe that one will not work for me, either.
Thanks. I guess pathward/incomm is blocked at this walmart.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by bdwyfan
Does it still say Active when you call the # on the back of the card?
How are you able to tell is is locked short of trying to make an in-person purchase?
Yes, when I called they said the card was active with a $500 balance. However, it would not work at three different stores, including waiting 24 hours.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by westlaker
Thanks. I guess pathward/incomm is blocked at this walmart.
it’s looking that way. However, I’m going to give it one more shot later this week before throwing in the towel with Pathward.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 4:16 pm

Yes, when I called they said the card was active with a $500 balance. However, it would not work at three different stores, including waiting 24 hours.
This silent locking of the card is now a major hassle.
When I get my replacement card, I plan on using it for organic spend.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 4:19 pm

I agree. I wish there was simply a way to verify that we are the true owner of the card so they can unlock it rather than having to go through the whole nonsense of them issuing a replacement card.

By the way, when I received my last four replacement cards, they all worked perfectly fine for money orders.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 4:21 pm

I liquidated eight $500 Sutton/Incomm’s this evening for money order purchases. No issues.

It’s those darn Pathward/Incomm’s that are giving me a headache.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 4:30 pm

I liquidated eight $500 Sutton/Incomm’s this evening for money order purchases. No issues.

It’s those darn Pathward/Incomm’s that are giving me a headache.
SS was recommended to me as being "better", but not anymore it appears.
I don't know if there is any place around me that sells the Sutton/Incomm VGCs.
Any suggestion on what the packaging looks like?
Old Feb 11, 2024, 5:55 pm

SS was recommended to me as being "better", but not anymore it appears.
I don't know if there is any place around me that sells the Sutton/Incomm VGCs.
Any suggestion on what the packaging looks like?
Various packaging. Branded with vanilla and found at CVS and Walgreens in my neck of the woods.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 6:39 pm

Various packaging. Branded with vanilla and found at CVS and Walgreens in my neck of the woods.
Thanks.
I will take a look the next time I am there.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 9:30 pm

Why did you ask them to Refund you and send you a check? I did just bthat yesterday after my SS failed at 1 store on Fri, tried getting an MO, an dlast night at a reg supermkt for reg spend. I should get it in 3 weeks
Old Feb 12, 2024, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by theroz
Why did you ask them to Refund you and send you a check? I did just bthat yesterday after my SS failed at 1 store on Fri, tried getting an MO, an dlast night at a reg supermkt for reg spend. I should get it in 3 weeks
Huh?
Old Feb 12, 2024, 12:40 pm

Huh?
I'm pretty sure that they meant to write "why didn't you".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.