Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buying Money Orders at Walmart (2024 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buying Money Orders at Walmart (2024 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2024, 1:18 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by yugi
Day 5: Kroger 4 $999 MO split: #4 worked, #2,3 failed.
It seems to be a velocity limit imposed.
Day 6: WMT $999 split: #2 failed (error 57). Didn't try #3.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by yugi
Day 6: WMT $999 split: #2 failed (error 57). Didn't try #3.
Check your transaction history of the failed card. Does it show only the initial load or does it show the WM drain and refund as well?. If it is the former, try a normal organic purchase at another store. If that doesn't work, then your card might be dud. That was the case for me.
Also, was it a 2032 or 2031 exp?.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by dalvigirish
Loaded discover today with 409758 pathward and 411810 Sutton bank successfully.
Was that Sutton a 1K load?
Old Jan 2, 2024, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by dwCoffee
Was that Sutton a 1K load?
1k load with 2 Sutton cards.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by NBG007
Check your transaction history of the failed card. Does it show only the initial load or does it show the WM drain and refund as well?. If it is the former, try a normal organic purchase at another store. If that doesn't work, then your card might be dud. That was the case for me.
Also, was it a 2032 or 2031 exp?.
I just checked the 2 SS cards that failed last week in Wally. Both of them show the entire balance available and only the initial load. 1 of them is 2031 and 1 is 2032. What significance does all of this have?
Old Jan 2, 2024, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by dalvigirish
1k load with 2 Sutton cards.
Thanks, have you attempted this with 1 swipe with a 1K InComm Sutton? I am about to get some vis Simon.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by Zepcro
I just checked the 2 SS cards that failed last week in Wally. Both of them show the entire balance available and only the initial load. 1 of them is 2031 and 1 is 2032. What significance does all of this have?
My guess is your fail happened in the 2031 card and most likely wont work in any store for any purchase (that was the case for me). I do not know why it is happening and only conclusion i got is that is a dead card and needs a replacement. You could try both cards in another store for small purchase and if it fails call and ask replacement.

Worse of all this is even the good cards get clubbed with the bad one in multi swipe and we will be scraching our head.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 3:50 pm

My guess is your fail happened in the 2031 card and most likely wont work in any store for any purchase (that was the case for me). I do not know why it is happening and only conclusion i got is that is a dead card and needs a replacement. You could try both cards in another store for small purchase and if it fails call and ask replacement.

Worse of all this is even the good cards get clubbed with the bad one in multi swipe and we will be scraching our head.
Both of the cards (not only the 2031 card) failed during the same transaction. I tried 1 after the other. This seemed to be around the same time that many others had problems with the gc. However, I don't recall seeing anyone actually confirm seeing the same exact message that I saw on the screen. Do you?

I used a different SS card in a non-Walmart store today with no issue. I do plan on trying these 2 cards at a non-Wally store either later this week or next week. If they don't work, I will likely take your advice and order a replacement card.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 4:42 pm

Both of the cards (not only the 2031 card) failed during the same transaction. I tried 1 after the other. This seemed to be around the same time that many others had problems with the gc. However, I don't recall seeing anyone actually confirm seeing the same exact message that I saw on the screen. Do you?.
All my fail got a error code 57 mostly (due to SS block or dead card) and sometime 12 (i get this with discover load when trying second time within ther 24 hr period).
below is a list of error codes and what they mean.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...LNqF4/htmlview
upright0744 and go4sandee like this.

Last edited by NBG007; Jan 2, 2024 at 4:48 pm
Old Jan 2, 2024, 4:48 pm
ra7

Originally Posted by Gitangali
How long it takes to recive replacement cards? and after you receive and activate them, does it work like normal?
Got the replacement cards today. Had to call to activate them. But was able to liquidate immediately after activating the cards.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 4:48 pm

All my fail got a error code 57 mostly (due to SS block or dead card) and sometime 12.
below is a list of error codes and what they mean.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...LNqF4/htmlview
I don't remember seeing an error code on the screen. I just found my old comment and I had written "It was something like "could not complete debit transaction"." That doesn't seem to fit any of the codes that you provided. Who knows what actually happened.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 5:45 pm

Three new $500 Sutton Incomms were purchased today. An hour later I bought a $999 MO at a different WM (versus the one that all of my cards failed at last week) followed immediately by a $500 Discover load. All worked. I will try the same again tomorrow before getting too excited. We still need a data point to see if 4 $500 Incomm Suttons will work in a row.

The three replacement GC's that I requested last week have not yet arrived.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 5:46 pm

I don't remember seeing an error code on the screen. I just found my old comment and I had written "It was something like "could not complete debit transaction"." That doesn't seem to fit any of the codes that you provided. Who knows what actually happened.
My error last week on all of my cards on two different days was "Debit not available."
Old Jan 2, 2024, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by dwCoffee
Thanks, have you attempted this with 1 swipe with a 1K InComm Sutton? I am about to get some vis Simon.
I’ve had zero issues with Simon 1k Incomm Sutton vgc for 1 swipe at WM.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by TTT103
My error last week on all of my cards on two different days was "Debit not available."
are you able to use your cards this week without any issues?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.