Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 29, 2023, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lowkeyflyer
Rules:

You can deposit cash fee-free into your ONE account at any Walmart cashier, Customer Service desk, or Money Center location in the United States.
If you don’t have your physical card, you can deposit cash using your ONE app-generated barcode at any Money Center or Customer Service Desk at Walmart.

Amount limits:
1. $1 minimum load

2. $990 maximum load per transaction
3. $3,000 maximum per rolling 24 hours
Print Wikipost

ONE Card Masterthread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2024, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by waatm
Thank you. I've read that post before and that's the only dp I remember. Looks like ach'ing all money out is possible. More dps will be great and make me more confident.
It seems like you'll be fine as long as you ACH out before the shutdown. Perhaps $100k is a limit? Or perhaps not. I certainly didn't want to go over that number, that's why I quit loading at $92k. I honestly was a little surprised that my very large ACH withdrawal went thru without any issues.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 4:06 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Thank you. Do you mean when every time you load money to One, you ach the money out on the same day (or shortly after)? How much do you typically ach out each time / per day?
Originally Posted by gregorygrady
I'm curious about the answer to this as well.
One is an official demand deposit account which means that when a demand is placed on it and sufficient funds are available to cover that request, then the bank is obligated to pay it or move it (ACH).
I suspect that SailorJoe is moving four digit amounts in and out of the account. If one is smart, some of those moves out would be to pay bills, perhaps a small purchase at a store, and cash going to other banks.
This is how real demand accounts look to bank auditors and depending upon the person owning the account, the amount of money flowing in and out can vary greatly.

Edit to add. The reason that gregorygrady was able to ACH his $92K out of the account is that at the time of his demand, his account was active and not restricted and he placed a ligitimate demand for the funds (i.e. didn't request them to be sent to Iran, for example).
6 hours later, the account was restricted and although the money was his, there was no longer the bank's obligation to obey his demand. If nothing illegal was discovered during the restricted period, the bank would have been obligated to refund the funds to him (which is why he got back his $0.63) several weeks later )

Last edited by radonc1; Mar 23, 2024 at 4:11 am
Old Mar 26, 2024, 11:01 am

Thank you. Do you mean when every time you load money to One, you ach the money out on the same day (or shortly after)? How much do you typically ach out each time / per day?
Yes. Anywhere from $200 to $1500.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 6:43 am

what type of path/incomm combo gift cards do you guys purchase that works with one ? the one with gift present logo with silver background packing , safe spend..etc ?
Old Apr 2, 2024, 7:34 pm

Tried liquidating a $500 vanilla/incomm VGC yesterday at WM, made the mistake of trying the full $500 and got declined “Debit not available.”
I immediately tried again for $499 but second time got “Tender not accepted.”

Called incomm and they refused to replace the card and insisted I try the card at a different merchant.

Waited 24 hrs later and tried again at the WM today for the $499 - card still declined.

Incomm is still refusing the reorder a replacement until I get a decline at a different merchant.

I want to get it right the next time. Is my card the issue or am I missing a step in loading the One account?
Old Apr 3, 2024, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by cocodip
Tried liquidating a $500 vanilla/incomm VGC yesterday at WM, made the mistake of trying the full $500 and got declined “Debit not available.”

Called incomm and they refused to replace the card and insisted I try the card at a different merchant.

Waited 24 hrs later and tried again at the WM today for the $499 - card still declined.

Incomm is still refusing the reorder a replacement until I get a decline at a different merchant.

I want to get it right the next time. Is my card the issue or am I missing a step in loading the One account?
Try buying something at WM, such as a candy bar.
If the card fails, I would call CS and tell them that WM is not a restricted merchant and to give you a new card or you will file a complaint with the CFPB.
If the card works, then the issue is with InComm not allowing a debit charge at WM. Find another method of liquidating outside of WM
3ZeroT likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by cocodip

samething happend on me, tried the 500 load , and 499 24 hrs later wouldn't load, then tried at local mall for small amount like 30 40 60s in different retails none of them would go thru. Ended up speaking with a supervisor for a a check refund.
i do not see a pattern how it got locked up , it seems like store bought gc from grocery like walmart is much more higher risk getting locked up due to secure risk unless you have those older cards with exp year 28 or 29
Old Apr 3, 2024, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by furymoo
samething happend on me, tried the 500 load , and 499 24 hrs later wouldn't load, then tried at local mall for small amount like 30 40 60s in different retails none of them would go thru. Ended up speaking with a supervisor for a a check refund.
i do not see a pattern how it got locked up , it seems like store bought gc from grocery like walmart is much more higher risk getting locked up due to secure risk unless you have those older cards with exp year 28 or 29
Since the Christmas holidays, Every time I've try to run a store-bought InComm for 500, it locks up and can not be used for any amount after that. Need to get a replacement. If the CSRs are being butt heads, just go try it at your local grocery store. It'll fail and the CSR will see that on their end. Now call and say "I've tried this at multiple stores and it just gets declined". That'll shut them down and you'll get the replacement card.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 6:07 pm

Any DPs on fake DD for getting 5% apy?
TyrannicalDuncery likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by 3ZeroT
Walmart has their own ID limit for barcode loads. I'm not sure what it is but I wouldn't use that method anyway. Anything easily tying your identification to what corporate perceives as significant MS can result in being banned from the store.
Thanks! Do you know how the bans work? Are they store specific? Are they specific to money services or can you not even shop at the store/online using your Walmart account or payment methods tied to you?

I see that some people get banned from buying money orders specifically, not sure whether this is analogous.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by churnfun
Any DPs on fake DD for getting 5% apy?
I have a business account with US Bank under my DBA. They let me do "ACH payments, for vendors or payroll" and that just always codes as DD everywhere (Including One MC), but they charge $1 per ACH. Just signed up for BlueVine Business account under my own name (Sole Proprietorship) as they offer free ACH for vendors and payroll. Trying a few ACH from them to see how it codes. If it doesn't work out, I'll add my DBA to the account and see if that makes a difference. Will report back. DPs say business account at Wells Fargo works as perfectly as my US Bank account does, but I'm guessing they have similar fees.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by SailorJoe
I have a business account with US Bank under my DBA. They let me do "ACH payments, for vendors or payroll" and that just always codes as DD everywhere (Including One MC), but they charge $1 per ACH. Just signed up for BlueVine Business account under my own n$1ame (Sole Proprietorship) as they offer free ACH for vendors and payroll. Trying a few ACH from them to see how it codes. If it doesn't work out, I'll add my DBA to the account and see if that makes a difference. Will report back. DPs say business account at Wells Fargo works as perfectly as my US Bank account does, but I'm guessing they have similar fees.
$1 per DD is a deal. I suspect that your account has some other requirements such as minimum balances that get no interest and limits on deposits and withdrawals. They are making money off of something you do

IF none of that exists, you have found a great bank program.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by TyrannicalDuncery
Thanks! Do you know how the bans work? Are they store specific? Are they specific to money services or can you not even shop at the store/online using your Walmart account or payment methods tied to you?

I see that some people get banned from buying money orders specifically, not sure whether this is analogous.
Yeah typically you just get banned from doing money services at that local store. Often the local store itself is even friendly but somebody at a regional or corporate level is seeing thousands of dollars of MS transactions with your name attached and then calls the store about "you". I think the only isolated case I've heard of being completely Walmart store banned (which he got reversed anyway) is the guy on this forum who persisted buying GCs at self check-out when he was told to stop.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by 3ZeroT
Yeah typically you just get banned from doing money services at that local store. Often the local store itself is even friendly but somebody at a regional or corporate level is seeing thousands of dollars of MS transactions with your name attached and then calls the store about "you". I think the only isolated case I've heard of being completely Walmart store banned (which he got reversed anyway) is the guy on this forum who persisted buying GCs at self check-out when he was told to stop.
He was actually banned from WM in general that got reversed pretty quickly.
I am certain that the store he used is burned permanently and I suspect that he does not do any MSing (buying MOs) at WM any longer.

What was remarkable was that there was someone who was willing to tell the group about the banning and subsequent events. Most people who are banned don't publicize it
Old Apr 16, 2024, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by radonc1
$1 per DD is a deal. I suspect that your account has some other requirements such as minimum balances that get no interest and limits on deposits and withdrawals. They are making money off of something you do

IF none of that exists, you have found a great bank program.
It's just a standard US Bank Business account. I don't pay any other fees, and have no minimum balance, but I get no interest either. One thing that's kinda lame, you have to have both a Personal and a Business account before you get any really useful UI in their app. Can't even transfer funds to/from the business account if you don't have a personal account, but you can do everything with either account once you have both. The personal account requires a 1k/mo. DD to avoid fees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.