Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Metabank VVGC issue

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2023, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Metabank VVGC issue

Hey all, I’ve been MSing for a while and this is the first time I’m having this problem… I bought a VVGC from HEB for $475 like I always do…. But this particular card itself is not working. Whenever I tried getting MO at HEB and Walmart, both are saying “not authorized”. I even tried buying a $1 drink at 2 different stores and the card is not working….

is this a fraud hold? Any suggestions for a fix? I’ve spent over 1 hour on the phone holding with customer care and still haven’t got to an agent that can help…

thanks in advance.

feeling really defeated right now…
Old Jun 13, 2023, 11:22 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by CptnBarrySeal
Hey all, I’ve been MSing for a while and this is the first time I’m having this problem… I bought a VVGC from HEB for $475 like I always do…. But this particular card itself is not working. Whenever I tried getting MO at HEB and Walmart, both are saying “not authorized”. I even tried buying a $1 drink at 2 different stores and the card is not working….

is this a fraud hold? Any suggestions for a fix? I’ve spent over 1 hour on the phone holding with customer care and still haven’t got to an agent that can help…

thanks in advance.

feeling really defeated right now…
If you read the threads in this forum, you would find answers to your question.
However,
Did you check the balance on your card either by calling CS or going on-line? If it is zero, then you have a fraud problem and you need to read the fraud thread for solutions.
If there is a correct balance on the card, wait a day and then try a small purchase with it. IF that fails, call CS and see if you can get the card replaced. There may also be a fraud hold on it and you would need to have that released if it is there.
If the small purchase works, then go and try a MO purchase using the appropriate criteria noted in the threads talking about MO purchases.

Finally, you may get faster responses if you post your question in the newbie thread rather than starting another thread covering items that are extensively covered in already existing ones.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.