Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2023, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lowkeyflyer
The purpose of this thread is to discuss which VGCs are sold at WM.

WM sells two main kinds of VGC: Vanilla and SS.
The activation fee should be $4.94.
Print Wikipost

Walmart VGC master thread

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2023, 7:02 pm

need to avoid Bancorp cards serviced by InComm. WM POS terminal treat them as credit cards, not sure if and how switch payment method works.
Old May 7, 2023, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by danpeake
Do you have a photo of the back of the card (where it says who issues and services the card?)

As for what to do with them, use them as credit to buy a "better" GC? Also, WM isn't the only places that sells MOs.
I tried to use them to buy "better" VGC, they got declined in WM self checkout POS. so they can't be used in WM for anything.
Old May 7, 2023, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by danpeake
Do you have a photo of the back of the card (where it says who issues and services the card?)

As for what to do with them, use them as credit to buy a "better" GC? Also, WM isn't the only places that sells MOs.
they look like this:

Old May 7, 2023, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by chatgpt
they look like this:

Bancorp has been blocked at WM for YEARS now.
Old May 7, 2023, 9:04 pm

its back says Card Issued by the Bancorp Bank....serviced by InComm Financial services.
Unless you have very specific liquidation methods, do yourself a favor, and don't purchase any cards with BHN or BlackHawk anywhere on them.
danpeake likes this.
Old May 7, 2023, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by benny08
Bancorp has been blocked at WM for YEARS now.
good to know. Bankcorp/Incomm look identical to Pathward/InComm package, so lesson learned.
danpeake and lowkeyflyer like this.
Old May 14, 2023, 6:56 pm

good to know. Bankcorp/Incomm look identical to Pathward/InComm package, so lesson learned.
Are Pathward/InComm or Metabank/InComm VGCs as good as Sutton/InComm cards? My local WMs only stocks Pathward/InComm VGCs. Occassionally there's old stock of Metabank/InComms.
Old May 14, 2023, 7:35 pm
Idk

Originally Posted by Simonsayspoints
Are Pathward/InComm or Metabank/InComm VGCs as good as Sutton/InComm cards? My local WMs only stocks Pathward/InComm VGCs. Occassionally there's old stock of Metabank/InComms.
yes
Old May 24, 2023, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
I've been picking up because of the Rakuten cashback, and these are so pleasant! No activation delays like those horrible Green Dots Walmart used to sell! I guess the only thing is self checkout is limited to $1000 or less inclusive of fees
Old May 24, 2023, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by msp3
I've been picking up because of the Rakuten cashback, and these are so pleasant! No activation delays like those horrible Green Dots Walmart used to sell! I guess the only thing is self checkout is limited to $1000 or less inclusive of fees
Are you referring to the 3% cash back? Will gift cards count? The website says:
Exclusions: Cash Back is not available on Apple products, Beats products, Household Essentials, Diapers, Gift cards, Groceries, Orders deemed by Walmart to be for reselling purposes, Pharmacy, Precious Metals, Tires, Video Game Consoles, or Walmart+ Memberships.
Old May 24, 2023, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Gitangali
The problem is on new credit cards you never know when it would go in fraud alert and decline the transaction, that's more likey to get the rep involved as they have to come and cancel the transaction. you do one transaction of 500 it is not enough as you have to make too many trips. you do two seperate transaction of 500, one after the other the credit card goes in fraud alert. you do one 1k transaction the card goes in fraud alert. then you get unwanted people involved.
I've noticed this strange behavior on a new Citi personal card. Kept on declining all large purchases at Sam's of InComms, except a partial approval for $50x.xx. Same behavior at Walmart, declines large InComm purchases but partially approves $50x.xx. Meaning only 1 card out of however many you get is actually activated and paid for.
Originally Posted by syeira1224
Are you referring to the 3% cash back? Will gift cards count? The website says:
Exclusions: Cash Back is not available on Apple products, Beats products, Household Essentials, Diapers, Gift cards, Groceries, Orders deemed by Walmart to be for reselling purposes, Pharmacy, Precious Metals, Tires, Video Game Consoles, or Walmart+ Memberships.
Of course it says that. You shouldn't be making a purchasing decision based on that, but rather the fundamentals of the card you are paying with. If cash back is awarded in your favor, then it's just gravy.
Old May 25, 2023, 10:01 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Are vanillas the cream of the crop? Or what is the easiest VGC?
Old May 26, 2023, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by msp3
I read from others' posts that there is still a delay of one hour after purchase same as Green Dot VGC's

Last edited by chatgpt; May 26, 2023 at 12:32 pm
Old May 26, 2023, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

I read from others' posts that there is still a delay of one hour after purchase same as Green Dot VGC's
is this one hour delay universal for vanillas? whether you buy in WM or in Walgreen?
Old May 26, 2023, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by Gitangali
is this one hour delay universal for vanillas? whether you buy in WM or in Walgreen?
Yes, that has been my experience.
Gitangali likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.