Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Office Depot (2022 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Office Depot (2022 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2023, 7:33 pm

I got a Staples GC for $200 but have not been able to liquidate it for cash or cash equivalents. WM will not take them for a MO and the Post Office also not. So how does everyone else liquidate these cards?
Old Jun 15, 2023, 7:40 pm

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by radonc1
I will get to test this out this coming week.
Am on vacation and have a bunch of GE cards to be used for.....well damn me, groceries
After using one, i will try immediately after check-out to see if it fails for a further purchase. Will let y'all know how that fares
I'll give you a preview. Went today to one specific local grocery store that's impossible to MS at.

Tried to buy $500 worth of ...groceries. Took me 3 swipes of different 200s before one went through, as debit, for full $200. All further swipe attempts (6 of them) failed. No friggin way anyone just liquidated at this store, so it was fresh. I finished that purchase with a CC.

10min, later, went back with another large "grocery" order, this time did 4x99 before the swipes started crapping out. Again had to finish with CC.

Mind you, I'm trying to run these as credit, so there's no loss to the GC distributor, they get their swipe fees. No idea what their problem is trying to limit them like this, but I'm definitely calling to complain, and I bet many regular folks will as well at some point. I have the right to show up and use 10x 200 if I want, to pay for a big ticket item. It's not against T&C.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 4:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

Folks, let's please refocus the discussion in this thread to be about VI/MC GC's at Office Depot.

tcook052
MS forum co-mod
danpeake and msp3 like this.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 10:32 am

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
In an effort to standardize the thread titles for better readability and searchability, could a mod please rename this thread to:

"Buying VGC/MCGC at OD"
littlewinglet likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 1:39 pm

(Just one more then you can get back to OD)

Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
Where the heck do you guys have WM that sell Vanillas? None of them in my area do
Are you checking the correct kiosks? I hit a lot of branches, they normally have two types. One is loaded with second-tier GCs, like stores and restaurants, the other is loaded with the primary Visa and MC cards. Sometimes they're right next to one another, sometimes they're split up in different places.
Old Jun 17, 2023, 6:57 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
In an effort to standardize the thread titles for better readability and searchability, could a mod please rename this thread to:

"Buying VGC/MCGC at OD"
Paging tcook052
Old Jun 19, 2023, 9:54 pm

Paging tcook052
There probably should be more discussion about how much better the everywhere cards are if the objective is liquidation to MOs at Wally world.

Also, the way that the $15 off for $300 can easily be doubled to $30, (or even more). This is also a much better deal for cards planned for organic spend when considered to the Staples deal.
0limits likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by Chris58
There probably should be more discussion about how much better the everywhere cards are if the objective is liquidation to MOs at Wally world.

Also, the way that the $15 off for $300 can easily be doubled to $30, (or even more). This is also a much better deal for cards planned for organic spend when considered to the Staples deal.
OD deal is objectively superior to WM deal unless buying insanely small amounts
Old Jun 21, 2023, 9:30 am

Thanks for many of you willing to share the DP. MS is extremely hard in my area, I was only able doing everywhere and very small amount of Simon Mall VGC these past few years. Limitation of using those card does hit us hard since beginning of this year. Everywheres are getting even more difficult. I tried three times of using 2 Grocery everywhere (the ones with $5.95 fee) at Wally the past 3 days but all failed on the first swipe. Wondering if I was unlucky doing it just after someone used BHN card or now the limitation of swipe of BHN card is ONE? Also, does Kroger accept everywhere card purchasing money order? Thank you
Old Jun 21, 2023, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Lingli1979
Thanks for many of you willing to share the DP. MS is extremely hard in my area, I was only able doing everywhere and very small amount of Simon Mall VGC these past few years. Limitation of using those card does hit us hard since beginning of this year. Everywheres are getting even more difficult. I tried three times of using 2 Grocery everywhere (the ones with $5.95 fee) at Wally the past 3 days but all failed on the first swipe. Wondering if I was unlucky doing it just after someone used BHN card or now the limitation of swipe of BHN card is ONE? Also, does Kroger accept everywhere card purchasing money order? Thank you
I have no problem using GE/DE to buy MO at Krogers jn my area. In only do $199 + $1 fee each time and still come out ahead with GE/DE cards.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by berombeu
I have no problem using GE/DE to buy MO at Krogers jn my area. In only do $199 + $1 fee each time and still come out ahead with GE/DE cards.
Thanks a lot!
Old Jul 8, 2023, 8:34 am

VGC sale 7/9-15 $15 off $300
Old Jul 8, 2023, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by Chasepoints
VGC sale 7/9-15 $15 off $300
Thanks. It's time to bank those DE/GE cards.
Lingli1979 and guguforyou like this.
Old Jul 8, 2023, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by berombeu
Thanks. It's time to bank those DE/GE cards.
I need to get the hell out of California. None of these at any OD in a 40 mile radius
Old Jul 8, 2023, 11:13 am

I need to get the hell out of California. None of these at any OD in a 40 mile radius
LOL, there are some places are good for MS, some aren't. I followed some fb groups. Whenever staples or OD have fee free gc, people are going crazy. Some people reported that they can't even get 1 gc because all sold out. Where I live, gcs are fully stocks and no one bother buying it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.