Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Office Depot (2022 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2022, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott

Since the previous thread has disappeared. Use this thread until the mods figure out what is going on with F/T threads vanishing. After which they will hopefully be merged.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 7:35 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
Since the previous thread has disappeared. Use this thread until the mods figure out what is going on with F/T threads vanishing. After which they will hopefully be merged.
Besides the prior thread disappearing, what else is vanishing in my region is OM/ODs.

Over the past year, many have closed leaving literally only a handful of stores left in NE Ohio. I think that this retail model saw it's zenith about 15-20 years ago.

I also once bought OM stock, but after a number of years, finally accepted defeat, unloaded it and walked away like a beaten dog .
Old Jan 15, 2022, 12:12 pm

Glad to see an OD thread back. Just using this one going forward would work, too. Thanks for starting it.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 2:08 pm

I don't know what happened with the last one but hopefully no issues with this thread. I am hoping an OD deal will come this week given that Staples has a VGC deal starting 1/16.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 6:16 pm

Worth a footprint for this new year OD/OM thread.
During past year, my spending in OD/OM is significantly decreased. Don't know how long I'll keep MS as my hobby.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by bulletin2007
Worth a footprint for this new year OD/OM thread.
During past year, my spending in OD/OM is significantly decreased. Don't know how long I'll keep MS as my hobby.
Since Safeway stopped taking MB VGCs and WMs imposing their no MS memo in Dec 2020 and MB cards having issues over $99, I have mostly quit MS as a hobby. I still buy a few VGCs from Staples/OD when the zero fee or $15 off deals come about but for everyday organic spend but not for MS anymore. I would much rather buy other VGCs brands and pay a fee to liquidate MOs easier.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
Since Safeway stopped taking MB VGCs and WMs imposing their no MS memo in Dec 2020 and MB cards having issues over $99, I have mostly quit MS as a hobby. I still buy a few VGCs from Staples/OD when the zero fee or $15 off deals come about but for everyday organic spend but not for MS anymore. I would much rather buy other VGCs brands and pay a fee to liquidate MOs easier.
You are saying it is a dying hobby.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 1:53 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
i have now discovered that the last surviving OM in our area is going out of business

Perusing the corporate site, there was no mention of OM/OD pulling up stakes in this part of the country, but that is what they are doing. In truth, I am uncertain as to how they managed to remain open for so long.

I feel sorry for the employees who were transferred from the earlier closed stores to this one. They actually thought that they were going to save their job by transferring.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
You are saying it is a dying hobby.
I mean is it not? I mean sure there are still some opportunities but nothing like 2014-2019. I don't really do much anymore since it also gets tiring if you are not able to easily split cards to buy MOs. When there are VGC deals and the opportunity is worth it...sure but not actively doing it to farm points on a daily basis.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by radonc1
i have now discovered that the last surviving OM in our area is going out of business

Perusing the corporate site, there was no mention of OM/OD pulling up stakes in this part of the country, but that is what they are doing. In truth, I am uncertain as to how they managed to remain open for so long.

I feel sorry for the employees who were transferred from the earlier closed stores to this one. They actually thought that they were going to save their job by transferring.
All of the OD's down in this area are doing great. There is no competition from Staples as OD pushed Staples out of the market.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 3:20 pm

The usual $15 off $300 MCGCs at OM/OD this week (through 2/19). (You might have a Chase Offer that stacks with this, through 3/14.)

Last edited by Steve in Olympia; Feb 13, 2022 at 8:04 pm Reason: Date correction
Old Feb 13, 2022, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
The usual $15 off $300 MCGCs at OM/OD this week (through 2/19). (You might have a Chase Offer that stacks with this, through 2/14.)
Glad to see this, (although I was hoping for the Visa deal for the everywhere cards).

Did I miss something or this the first deal since the Visa deal ending Christmas day?
Steve in Olympia likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by Chris58
Glad to see this, (although I was hoping for the Visa deal for the everywhere cards).

Did I miss something or this the first deal since the Visa deal ending Christmas day?
First deal of the year. Very unusual for there to be a deal in February. Normally deals are March through December.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 2:32 pm

Buy $300 VGCs and get $15 off 3/6-3/12
Steve in Olympia and Chris58 like this.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 5:50 pm

As predicted, my store didn’t have any $200’s today. I haven’t seen any since pre-pandemic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.