Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2020, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
For the 2021 shutdown thread, click here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/2031831-2021-shutdown-thread.html

When reporting/posting here please give as many details as you can or you will be asked for it anyways. Copy and paste the text below and alter as needed.

1. SHUTdn by Bank, Credit Card info. (@m3x, chs3 ,c1t1 and brcl@y)
2. Length of account before closure and CL?
3. Average monthly account balance checking and savings?
4. Volume of ms per month and how many months?
5. Cycle CL?
6. Did you BP using both options?
- BP by issuing bank (@m3x, chs3, c1t1 and brcl@y)
- BP by Vis/MC
7. Did you spell out the bank's full name in an internet forum?
Print Wikipost

2020 Shutdown Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2021, 4:21 pm

This thread has been pretty quiet. And is it time for a '21 Shutdown thread?
Old Jan 4, 2021, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by Tectomoc
Got a letter in the mail today from al!3nt. Pretty standard letter informing me that my use patterns didn't meet their standards of consumer spending or whatever.

1. Al13nt Visa Signature (3%/2.5%)
2. 15k, opened Apr 2019.
3. 500$ checking/ 1000$ Savings (less recently as they lowered their savings rate substantially and I haven't been using them as a hub)
4. 15k/month, give or take, since account opening.
5. Did not cycle CL
6. I did not Billpay
7. No, I did not post about the bank online.

Got this card late and by the time I had it in my hand most of the good stuff had been neutered. I didn't do the Venmo thing. Mostly I used it for things like grocery gift card promotions, closed loop GCs, etc. Lately I had been using it as a Paypal Key card and I suspect that might actually have been what got me the chop. So, if you are using this card hard with PPK, take this info into account.

You were spending the entire credit line in the billing cycle. My guess is that triggered internal flags.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CerealCardSpender
This thread has been pretty quiet. And is it time for a '21 Shutdown thread?

Your wish is my command:

2021 Shutdown Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.