Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 20, 2020, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mhdena
I will work on this on the next few days but most of the info is very old and outdated.

I have been using all of these the last 2 years and I will update what other people have started along with some tools on how to buy on multiple accounts if people want this info. This is just a quick first draft. I will clean up and add more details.

please dont .... up the work I will put into this. please message me and I can add more data and I have more buying groups that I can add
  1. Pointsmaker - pointsmaker.com - Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick same day most often via echeck once item is checked in
  2. MYS Buying Group - mysbuyinggroup.com Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick once item is checked in echeck
    MYS has the most complaints of all, from very late payment to not receiving items. Many people have given up on MYS.
  3. USA Buying Group - usabuying.group same as others regarding loading the tracking number. slowest payment of all. alerts come via whatsapp and email and response time is medium to issues
  4. YRCW - app.yrcwtech.com same as others alertss comes via whatsapp - payments can be slow. response time to issues are pretty quick via communication thru wahtsapp to owner
  5. Buy For Me Retail - The best. buyformeretail.com deals are posted on page. offers sent thru email. payment sent ach when they are checked i
  6. EMB - embdeals.com same as above - a great one as well. alerts via whatsapp. payments can be requested same day and will arrive same day. lots of offers last amazon prime.
  7. EMB - From late 2021 through August 2022, Several reports of missing packages, more complaints than most of the other groups. Buyers Beware.
  8. TheDealBuyer - thedealbuyer.com - Seems to be very new to the game. Not using whatsapp, but Pushover to send deals.
Print Wikipost

Buying Groups

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2020, 5:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lmahmood
of course they can and for those items I’d probably pay the same in cash.. There’s nothing for sale you can buy now I’m those buying groups, I checked. I can buy a iphone pro max for 1225 which you can get through epp for 1224 and you can buy 10 from one store (although I’ve bought 50 at once but then got shut down) and get a lot of points for minimal work. I don’t need a lot of people doing it, but the ones who do may find it’s more worthwhile than buying a couple fire sticks for a couple points a year. And obviously I’d be asking for items that buying groups aren’t buying.
minimal work to buy the phone. But then they have to get them to you and then liquidate 10k in VGC. Probably pretty hard to find a reason to go through all of that instead of just buying the VGC straight up and cutting out the extra work.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 11:28 am

interestingly enough, I’ve been buying and selling for the gray market for years now. Business has slowed down due to these buying groups and people accepting less than retail as payment for the sake of points.

Using some of the strategies in this forum, I’ll be creating a buying group soon enough. Payment will be made in vgc from Simon but that’ll allow us to build in a margin so we can at least pay above retail. For the time being we will take delivery to our office in Virginia and pay on the spot. If anyone is interested they can dm.
You'd probably have better luck if you had a tiered payout system.
Something like:
$x cash out for ACH/Paypal/Venmo
$x + 5% for VGC cashout
$x + 8% for 3PGC..

Of course, you'll have to build up street-cred first. Nobody is going to trust new BGs. Best of luck!
Old Jan 30, 2020, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by halluc1nati0n
You'd probably have better luck if you had a tiered payout system.
Something like:
$x cash out for ACH/Paypal/Venmo
$x + 5% for VGC cashout
$x + 8% for 3PGC..

Of course, you'll have to build up street-cred first. Nobody is going to trust new BGs. Best of luck!
not sure why you think we’d be making such a high% on each. The whole point of us creating a buying group is for volume.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 11:24 pm

We are currently buying the iPad for sale in amazon at 460 which I can’t link to because I don’t have enough posts. We are also signing people up for the group now and I have a google form those interested can fill up.

I forgot to mention I have forsaken the idea of paying in vgc. We will just pay via ach/venmo/cash app/zelle.

anyone interested can dm me

Last edited by lmahmood; Jan 30, 2020 at 11:31 pm
Old Jan 31, 2020, 6:36 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
We are currently buying the iPad for sale in amazon at 460 which I can’t link to because I don’t have enough posts. We are also signing people up for the group now and I have a google form those interested can fill up.

I forgot to mention I have forsaken the idea of paying in vgc. We will just pay via ach/venmo/cash app/zelle.

anyone interested can dm me
Sounds Fishy, Fishy Fishy, did I say it sounds Fishy?
Old Jan 31, 2020, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by mhdena
Sounds Fishy, Fishy Fishy, did I say it sounds Fishy?
so does every other buying group till you start buying and get paid. As I said previously, since I’m a random poster on this forum might be a good idea for the ones more risk averse to just drop it off to us in Virginia and we pay on the spot. othetwise you can trial is with one purchase and go from there. I just figured I’d post here for those interested but it’s not going to be open enrollment forever.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 7:31 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
I'm not aware of any successful groups closing to new buyers. Another Fishy Red Flag.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 3:38 am

Anyone worried about getting paid by the various buying groups? I have been waiting on payment for over 2 weeks from 1 of them. I opened 2 tickets and no response. I know they are based in NY and with the virus problems going on there I'm getting a little nervous.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by sbdhorn
Anyone worried about getting paid by the various buying groups? I have been waiting on payment for over 2 weeks from 1 of them. I opened 2 tickets and no response. I know they are based in NY and with the virus problems going on there I'm getting a little nervous.
Some take close to a month to pay out and their stated policy isn't always followed.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 4:24 pm

which buyers group?
Old Mar 20, 2020, 10:38 am

Both MYS and USA
Old Mar 20, 2020, 11:55 am

Both MYS and USA
MYS is usually pretty slow. I requested check on 3/10, but nothing so far. But nothing out of ordinary with then to not have it yet

For USA, I requested on 3/9 and got echeck on3/18.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 4:23 pm

Both MYS and USA
Many people stopped using MYS because of the slow pay. USA is roughly 10 days from check request lately.
Old May 14, 2020, 2:48 pm
RBB

Anyone having issues with PointsMaker recently? How long does it usually take them to check in items?
Old May 14, 2020, 7:03 pm

can someone ELI5 on what this stuff means?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.