Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 20, 2020, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mhdena
I will work on this on the next few days but most of the info is very old and outdated.

I have been using all of these the last 2 years and I will update what other people have started along with some tools on how to buy on multiple accounts if people want this info. This is just a quick first draft. I will clean up and add more details.

please dont .... up the work I will put into this. please message me and I can add more data and I have more buying groups that I can add
  1. Pointsmaker - pointsmaker.com - Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick same day most often via echeck once item is checked in
  2. MYS Buying Group - mysbuyinggroup.com Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick once item is checked in echeck
    MYS has the most complaints of all, from very late payment to not receiving items. Many people have given up on MYS.
  3. USA Buying Group - usabuying.group same as others regarding loading the tracking number. slowest payment of all. alerts come via whatsapp and email and response time is medium to issues
  4. YRCW - app.yrcwtech.com same as others alertss comes via whatsapp - payments can be slow. response time to issues are pretty quick via communication thru wahtsapp to owner
  5. Buy For Me Retail - The best. buyformeretail.com deals are posted on page. offers sent thru email. payment sent ach when they are checked i
  6. EMB - embdeals.com same as above - a great one as well. alerts via whatsapp. payments can be requested same day and will arrive same day. lots of offers last amazon prime.
  7. EMB - From late 2021 through August 2022, Several reports of missing packages, more complaints than most of the other groups. Buyers Beware.
  8. TheDealBuyer - thedealbuyer.com - Seems to be very new to the game. Not using whatsapp, but Pushover to send deals.
Print Wikipost

Buying Groups

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2019, 11:27 pm
Original Poster

Then I should be thanking you for the info, Mari Bel!
Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Apart from what Wish2BeAnonymous said, I would like to add my 2c for Buyformeretail (BFRG).
I have sold quite a bit to them, may be overall around 25K. They pay on time and excellent communication.
However for the last 2 deals they sent some stringent terms after accepting the deal. Basically very recently - after placing an order they pulled the deal and asked to cancel the orders. The seller (amazon) could not cancel as the items were already shipped. After some back and forth with BFRG they accepted my goods but asking people to cancel already placed orders does not make sense. In the original communication they said they will have to refuse shipments. Imagine you buying discounted amazon GCs and getting stuck with those on your amazon account.
Last year when they had a Macys deal for apple watches, macys went into back order situation and BFRG originally said we will accept back orders as well. After few weeks they made us go and cancel or return back to Macys and deal with the mess.
IMO they pay the quickest of any other groups but tread with some caution there.
Puntoed likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:10 pm

Hi @Mari Bel,

I know you from the FB group. Firstly, thank you for all your efforts in that FB group.

What I shared is based on my personal experience. Can you provide me the link to your work which you feel that I have plagiarized?
jdhnyc and ramonortiz55 like this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by Wish2BeAnonymous
Hi @Mari Bel,

I know you from the FB group. Firstly, thank you for all your efforts in that FB group.

What I shared is based on my personal experience. Can you provide me the link to your work which you feel that I have plagiarized?
which FB group?
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by winterpeas

which FB group?
MoMiles MoPoints
Old Mar 8, 2019, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Wish2BeAnonymous
I have tried the following clubs and here are my review
  1. Pointsmaker - Best in the business. Takes fewer risks. Consistent with somepayment times
  2. MYS Buying Group - Pointsmaker & MYS use the same type of software. Next best. Comes up with slightly more deals than pointsmaker. Once they asked members to return an item. They compensated for the inconvenience.
  3. USA Buying Group - Offers the same deals as MYS. Terrible communications and hardly respond to messages. They also asked to return the same item as MYS. I don't think it went well with the members
  4. Simtec (Closed) -
  5. YRCW - Handles everything through WhatsApp. Personally, I found it inconvenient. Lesser deals.
  6. Buy For Me Retail - Very less number of deals. They offer a lesser amount than other groups for the same deal.
Stores:
Tax free state - If you live in a tax-free state, you will be able to participate in almost all deals. You will ship the products to your home and then ship it to buying groups. Usually buying groups provided shipping labels for qty of 5 or more.

Walmart - Always cancels the order to the buying group address
Best buy - All apple orders to the buying group address cancels. Most other products ships but off late, it has been hit or miss.
Amazon - The easiest. All orders ship.
Google Express - Once google shut google account of members (including Gmail) for shipping to buying groups.
Ebay - Many cases of a permanent ban. Once banned, you cannot create another one with same address.
How about Staples.com orders? Have they blacklisted the buyer groups address for all orders or do they cancel selectively?
jdhnyc likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by skanchur
1) Not MS.
2) You are taking all risk and float and have no recourse if the item shows as delivered and the Buying Group claims it wasn't (it does happen).
3) These groups are not transparent with their finances so if they go bust you are SOL (remember TPM).

Just my 2c.
After experiencing TPM I am actively avoiding buying groups. Glad people are flashing the warning signs. Until these buying groups open up their books and be more transparent with their cash flow I would tread lightly.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:59 am

Sorry I haven't tried Staples. The FB group has a lot of DPs. I think they are similar to Walmart.

Last edited by Wish2BeAnonymous; Apr 4, 2019 at 7:09 pm
Old Jul 28, 2019, 6:59 pm

Could I get an invite to the FB group?
Old Aug 14, 2019, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
I have been using PFS Buyers Club for about a year now. I have completed 3 deals for them. They pay quick and Aron replies to emails super quick. The directions are clear and I am happy for the extra MS opportunity.

Just signed up for an account for MYS Buying Group. Thanks for the information in this thread. We will see how it goes. First order was just delivered, just waiting for it to get scanned and to get paid.

Last edited by warreng24; Aug 14, 2019 at 8:53 pm Reason: spelling
Old Aug 15, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, DL Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by warreng24
I have been using PFS Buyers Club for about a year now. I have completed 3 deals for them. They pay quick and Aron replies to emails super quick. The directions are clear and I am happy for the extra MS opportunity.

Just signed up for an account for MYS Buying Group. Thanks for the information in this thread. We will see how it goes. First order was just delivered, just waiting for it to get scanned and to get paid.
Be careful with MYS. They refused to pay for me the full price when I did not enter my purchases on their Google sheets, only paid me 239 each for 249 iPads. Sometimes they also took a month to pay out after requesting payments.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by Ayase
Be careful with MYS. They refused to pay for me the full price when I did not enter my purchases on their Google sheets, only paid me 239 each for 249 iPads. Sometimes they also took a month to pay out after requesting payments.
Yeah but that's the rule... you have to fill out form so they can track inventory. They tell you this every time, so if you didn't listen to instructions, that's on you for not getting the "full" payment you were never promised.

Totally on point with delayed payments, although they've been down to about 2 weeks ever since Prime Day.

Last edited by ne0ven0m; Aug 16, 2019 at 2:44 pm
Old Aug 15, 2019, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
For MYS, how long does it typically take for them to process a received item? I'm currently waiting for them to process my first Amazon.com order delivered to them. It was delivered 8/14.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by warreng24
For MYS, how long does it typically take for them to process a received item? I'm currently waiting for them to process my first Amazon.com order delivered to them. It was delivered 8/14.
Greatly varies, but I wouldn't submit a ticket or anything until it's been at least a week.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:34 pm

Did you submit the tracking number? Has the item been scanned and a PO assigned?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.