Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This thread is a continuation of the following discussion: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1737248-kroger-master-thread-2016-onwards-26.html
Print Wikipost

Kroger master thread (2019 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2023, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by Lovelabs2
Well glad to see u have FINALLY seen the light! 🙄🙄. You r a slow learner tho! 😂😂

This USB fraud problem is not NEW, I’ve been in this game since 2013 inception n I can attest that USB was ALWAYS a nightmare with fraud. They r sooooo stupid at USB that ALL their gift cards only change the last 6 numbers on every card….so any fifth grader can figure out the numbers n drain the card before the purchaser can use it. They do manage to monitor the fraud more closely in recent years n will cancel the card as soon as the scammer tries to drain it with a large purchase. When u call saying card won’t work they tell u this info n issue new card. Since I’m not a masochist and don’t thrive on agita, I stopped buying USB in 2021 n now deal only in InComm/Sutton gift cards. This game is going to be over sooner rather than later with all the MO liquidation opportunities being diminished. Too many folks playing the game.

Regarding your $5-$6k due you from USB…you should’ve filed a claim with CFPB when new cards weren’t issued within 30 days as well as file a complaint with your state AG office. USB MUST answer the CFPB n AG office inquiries. Been there done that several times n always got my $$$ refunded with a check real quick.

Good luck!
A lawsuit has been filed against Incomm and a US senator wants them investigated by the FTC for not securing their cards for not having enough security from hackers.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 9:10 am

A new offer on one of my Chase cards:

Fred Meyer Fuel

Success Added to card

Offer details

Earn 5% cash back on your Fred Meyer Fuel purchase, with a $3.50 cash back maximum.
Save BIG at the pump every time you fuel up at one of Fred Meyer Fuel Centers with Fuel Points!
Offer expires 2/2/2024. Offer valid one time only. Payment must be made directly with the merchant. Offer not valid on purchases made using third-party services, delivery services, or a third-party payment account (e.g., buy now pay later). Offer not valid on in-store, convenience, tobacco alcohol, or lottery purchases. Payment must be made on or before offer expiration date. Offer only valid on Fred Meyer Fuel and Kroger-branded Fuel Center purchases. Offer not valid on other Fred Meyer Fuel purchases or sister brand Fuel centers.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 9:37 am

In addition to the fuel offer (above), I have also received this Chase Offer for general Fred Meyer purchases. Gift cards are not excluded!

Fred Meyer

Success Added to card

Offer details

Earn 5% cash back on your Fred Meyer purchase, with a $4.50 cash back maximum.
At Fred Meyer, get all the fresh food you want at a great price. We believe in fresh for everyone.

Plus, with online shopping it's easy to get groceries. Get free pickup on orders of $35 or more.* Or choose delivery, and we’ll bring the groceries to your door.
Offer expires 2/2/2024. Offer valid one time only. Payment must be made directly with the merchant. Offer not valid on purchases made using third-party services, delivery services, or a third-party payment account (e.g., buy now pay later). Payment must be made on or before offer expiration date. Offer not valid on tobacco, alcohol, lottery or pharmacy purchases. Offer not valid on app-made, Delivery Now, or Ship orders. *FREE pickup on orders of $35 or more. Restrictions may apply.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 2:14 pm

Any recent DPs on buying $500 MOs at Kroger using the Vanilla Visas from CVS? I know these are issued by Pathward and serviced by InComm. I just dropped by my Kroger and was successful on getting a $250 MO with no issue, but I was wondering if these are plagued with the same issues as the US Bank cards?
Old Dec 28, 2023, 3:43 pm

Yes, those work fine at Kroger.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 3:46 pm

Does Kroger still do the 4x Fuel Rewards on Gift Cards on Fridays?
Old Dec 28, 2023, 7:57 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by gregorygrady
Yes, those work fine at Kroger.
I had two declined today, but one worked. Those were previously working fine.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by AAdvanadium
Does Kroger still do the 4x Fuel Rewards on Gift Cards on Fridays?
The dates of the 4X gift card promotions are not at all predictable. Perhaps once per month, for a few days each time.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by yugi
I had two declined today, but one worked. Those were previously working fine.
Hmmm, over the past 4 hrs, I was 12 for 12 in success while swiping Vanilla & SS VGCs at 4 different Kroger stores. Perhaps it's Incomm blocking charges, either in certain areas where there is more swipe/liquidation fraud, or else blocking VGCs that were BOUGHT at stores with high rates of fraud? I really don't know, it sure is annoying though to walk into a store and not know if your VGC swipes will succeed or decline though. I'm to the point where I make sure to have multiple backups for the first time my VGC fails, and then if my backup VGC declines and I'm more than one successful swipe into a particular transaction, I have my actual bank debit card at the ready as a secondary backup. What a PITA this game is these days!! ALMOST not worth it anymore.
Old Dec 30, 2023, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
Hmmm, over the past 4 hrs, I was 12 for 12 in success while swiping Vanilla & SS VGCs at 4 different Kroger stores. Perhaps it's Incomm blocking charges, either in certain areas where there is more swipe/liquidation fraud, or else blocking VGCs that were BOUGHT at stores with high rates of fraud? I really don't know, it sure is annoying though to walk into a store and not know if your VGC swipes will succeed or decline though. I'm to the point where I make sure to have multiple backups for the first time my VGC fails, and then if my backup VGC declines and I'm more than one successful swipe into a particular transaction, I have my actual bank debit card at the ready as a secondary backup. What a PITA this game is these days!! ALMOST not worth it anymore.
Well it’s about time your masochist tendencies have finally diminished! 😂😂. This MS game has been a PITA since now the GC issuers and stores are finally cracking down on the MO game. They ALL know it’s MS spending. It was fun for the first 8-9 years since 2013 inception of but now it’s just an agita producing scheme.
Old Dec 30, 2023, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by raceman94
Any recent DPs on buying $500 MOs at Kroger using the Vanilla Visas from CVS? I know these are issued by Pathward and serviced by InComm. I just dropped by my Kroger and was successful on getting a $250 MO with no issue, but I was wondering if these are plagued with the same issues as the US Bank cards?
Man, my Kroger said no purchase with GCs. Interesting.
Old Dec 30, 2023, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Lovelabs2
Well it’s about time your masochist tendencies have finally diminished! 😂😂. This MS game has been a PITA since now the GC issuers and stores are finally cracking down on the MO game. They ALL know it’s MS spending. It was fun for the first 8-9 years since 2013 inception of but now it’s just an agita producing scheme.
This is what I want to know. Are they not making money off of swipe fees? Why do they care if a few people do not carry finance charge producing debt?
Old Jan 13, 2024, 9:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

Closing this thread after creating a new one so please follow the ongoing discussion in the new master thread:

Kroger Master Thread (2024 Onwards)

tcook052
MS forum co-moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.