Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
Signing up to buy $1000 visa/mc gift cards
You can buy the $1000 cards on Simon's volume site. Their regular site only sells $500 cards.
If you're new, or haven't bought anything in a year, you need to register at https://www.simon.com/volume/register-consumer
As part of the registration process, you will have to go to a brick and mortar mall and buy at least $3000 in cards in person, as well as filling out some paperwork while there. After that, you can do everything online.

As of Nov 2020, Simon Mall Gift cards will only work for $99/swipe for money services at Walmart and many grocery chains.

$1000 gift cards are available indefinitely.

2020 Promotions

Ongoing: FREEGROUND - Free Ground Shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires December 31, 2020 (subject to change).

5/15-6/17: MDHOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 9 more cards
5/15/5/31: MAYGROUND - Free UPS Ground shipping on orders of 7 or more cards
5/15-6/31: MAY20VG10 - 10% off purchase fees on Visa Giftcards
6/29-7/20: JUL4HOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. If you select a shipping other than Ground - the code will still take 20% off the purchase fees. Limited to 10 orders per customer.
8/11-8/31: AUG20PR - 15% off ALL fees (excl. shipping fees) on orders of 5 or more cards. Limited to 10 orders per customer (Originally expired on 8/23; on 8/24 promo was extended through 8/31)
10/12-10/14: FSOCT20 - 30% off all purchase fees on Visas and Mastercards.
10/26-10/31 - FS20SCARY - 35% off all purchase fees
11/1-11/30 - HOL20MC25 - 25% off all purchase fees on MasterCard / HOL20VG25 - 25% off all purchase fees on Visa / HOL20AG50 50% off all purchase fees on American Express
11/6-11/8 - FS20THANKS - 35% off all purchase fees

11/16-11/18 - FS20SAVINGS - 35% off all purchase fees

Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2020, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by buckeyenut14
How long does it take to get your limit increased to 25k? Just got registered and did my first 5k order.
Speaking as my experience, I initially was 10k limit, and then sent them a email to request for an increase. On the next day, I got a reply saying my limit now was 25k. Very awesome people.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 3:30 pm

I just asked customer service and they said after 60 days and 5+ orders, I can request an increase.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 7:32 am

For those not getting $25k right away did you normally ms at SM physical properties? Were you a regular? If so did you previously do >$10k or always less than $10k? Until recently it seemed no one was approved for less than $25k.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by danpeake
I'm trying to access the Simon Volume purchase website to make a purchase but the site is down for me. The error says: Service Unavailable HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.
Is the website (https://www.simon.com/volume/) still correct?
it seems to be down for maintenance every 1-2 weeks and on varying days/times.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 12:03 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
I have used Simon VG cards several times to meet min spend requirement for my chase and citi cards. Does anyone know if purchase of these card will count towards min spend on US Bank Leverage? Or Bank of the West Business?
Old Jul 8, 2020, 3:05 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Sign-up was fairly easy. They asked for a scan of recent utility bill to establish residency info, just snapped a pic and emailed back.

Took 48 hours from initial sign up to when I placed by first "volume" order.
50 card/ $5k limit to start, will request for bump after a few starter orders.

Easy-peasy.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
I have used Simon VG cards several times to meet min spend requirement for my chase and citi cards. Does anyone know if purchase of these card will count towards min spend on US Bank Leverage? Or Bank of the West Business?
yes. simon will count towards USB MSR including a complimentary shutdown as a courtesy.

Originally Posted by jbui1018
I just asked customer service and they said after 60 days and 5+ orders, I can request an increase.
Originally Posted by jtav559
Sign-up was fairly easy. They asked for a scan of recent utility bill to establish residency info, just snapped a pic and emailed back.

Took 48 hours from initial sign up to when I placed by first "volume" order.
50 card/ $5k limit to start, will request for bump after a few starter orders.

Easy-peasy.
sounds like GCM overflow is causing simon to be more cautious now. unless something came up during their AML KYC checks via SSN. there was no need for additional verification or limited volume.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 3:22 pm

Required information from Simon mall.

Hello all. I’m registering for a Simon mall bulk account. The associate I’m working with said in an email that since I’ve not ordered through them before I need to supply some very personal information. Things such as.....
  • Drivers License
  • Utility Bill - matching shipping address in registration
  • Credit card statement - matching address in registration for credit card listed.
  • Statement with Name & Address shown
My question is; is this normal? Has everyone else that’s registered provided this much personal information? Thanks.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 3:25 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by Seewerobsgo
Hello all. I’m registering for a Simon mall bulk account. The associate I’m working with said in an email that since I’ve not ordered through them before I need to supply some very personal information. Things such as.....
  • Drivers License
  • Credit card statement - matching address in registration for credit card listed.
My question is; is this normal? Has everyone else that’s registered provided this much personal information? Thanks.
Yes
Old Jul 11, 2020, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by GundamWing01
yes. simon will count towards USB MSR including a complimentary shutdown as a courtesy.
lolz... how about bank of america? do they also count simon for MSR with a shutdown bonus?
Old Jul 11, 2020, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by economyfly
lolz... how about bank of america? do they also count simon for MSR with a shutdown bonus?
bofa MSR is fine. anything above that is YMMV and more dangerous as you increase volume. plenty shutdown DP here for BofA. the issue is always tolerance levels. its a game to find the tripwire.

Originally Posted by Seewerobsgo
  • Drivers License
it is now. not before. simon risk tolerance has changed. you have overflow from GCM.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 4:51 am

Thanks for the help. That just seemed extreme. I feel more comfortable registering now. Thanks again.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 12:09 am

bofa MSR is fine. anything above that is YMMV and more dangerous as you increase volume. plenty shutdown DP here for BofA. the issue is always tolerance levels. its a game to find the tripwire.
i get it, thanks... whats your opinion on staying within the CL for bofa? Is a shut down likely if you dont cycle CL on seasoned account using simon for ms?
Old Jul 12, 2020, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by economyfly
i get it, thanks... whats your opinion on staying within the CL for bofa? Is a shut down likely if you dont cycle CL on seasoned account using simon for ms?
you need to read the shutdown thread going back a few years. there are many useful DPs there. MS is an art. its not a science. only n00bs want a clearly spelled out reddit flow chart to tell them exactly what to do. life doesnt work like that nor does this game. some people can MS 500k/mo and not get shutdown, but others who only do 10k in one day get flagged for "rapid increase in balances".
Clueless12 likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 12:07 am

you need to read the shutdown thread going back a few years. there are many useful DPs there. MS is an art. its not a science. only n00bs want a clearly spelled out reddit flow chart to tell them exactly what to do. life doesnt work like that nor does this game. some people can MS 500k/mo and not get shutdown, but others who only do 10k in one day get flagged for "rapid increase in balances".
Ummm i only asked for "your opinion" not a flow chart. I wouldnt trust your noob flow chart anyways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.