Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019 onwards)

    Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 23, 20, 1:25 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Wiki Link
As of Nov 2020, Simon Mall Gift cards will only work for $99/swipe for money services at Walmart and many grocery chains.

$1000 gift cards are available indefinitely.

2020 Promotions

Ongoing: FREEGROUND - Free Ground Shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires December 31, 2020 (subject to change).

5/15-6/17: MDHOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 9 more cards
5/15/5/31: MAYGROUND - Free UPS Ground shipping on orders of 7 or more cards
5/15-6/31: MAY20VG10 - 10% off purchase fees on Visa Giftcards
6/29-7/20: JUL4HOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. If you select a shipping other than Ground - the code will still take 20% off the purchase fees. Limited to 10 orders per customer.
8/11-8/31: AUG20PR - 15% off ALL fees (excl. shipping fees) on orders of 5 or more cards. Limited to 10 orders per customer (Originally expired on 8/23; on 8/24 promo was extended through 8/31)
10/12-10/14: FSOCT20 - 30% off all purchase fees on Visas and Mastercards.
10/26-10/31 - FS20SCARY - 35% off all purchase fees
11/1-11/30 - HOL20MC25 - 25% off all purchase fees on MasterCard / HOL20VG25 - 25% off all purchase fees on Visa / HOL20AG50 50% off all purchase fees on American Express
11/6-11/8 - FS20THANKS - 35% off all purchase fees

11/16-11/18 - FS20SAVINGS - 35% off all purchase fees











Print Wikipost

Old Feb 25, 21, 9:11 am
  #1891  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 37
Originally Posted by pyx44 View Post
That did not work for Simon GC's.
Apologies. It did work. I got an error the first time, and didn't try again. Then I saw someone else just mention that it did work for them, so I tried it again and it worked. Thanks a lot. This saves a lot of time.
pyx44 is offline  
Old Feb 25, 21, 9:35 am
  #1892  
 
Join Date: May 2019
Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Posts: 114
Originally Posted by zddp1273 View Post
Can I unload $1Ks for IRS tax payments (PayUSATax, Pay1040, ACI) as debit?
Yes - limit of 2 transactions per service, so $6k total.
Happy Traveling Consultant is online now  
Old Feb 27, 21, 2:12 am
  #1893  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 427
Which design is best at "hiding" the words "gift card"

These 4 look good on the thumbnail view, but I know the actual card may show the words more prominently


Visa Black Diamond


Visa Black Sparkle


Visa Red Sparkle


Visa Silver Co-Brand

These 2 show "gift card" clearly, even on the thumbnail view

Silver New


Silver Core Card

Thanks
Klemhuzzah is offline  
Old Feb 27, 21, 7:37 am
  #1894  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 566
I buy the black sparkle and use a black sharpie to hide the words. You have to look pretty closely to see it. Very effective, then again, I am hardly ever asked to see the card.
shadow520 is offline  
Old Feb 27, 21, 1:48 pm
  #1895  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 427
Originally Posted by shadow520 View Post
I buy the black sparkle and use a black sharpie to hide the words. You have to look pretty closely to see it. Very effective, then again, I am hardly ever asked to see the card.
Thanks. At my goto spot, they never ask to see the card. But it turns out, SM doesn't work there. Since I'm about to go store to store looking for a place to liquidate, I expect to be asked to see the card more often, especially if it doesn't work. I prefer for them to focus on my name being printed on the card and miss the part that says gift card. Thanks again.
Klemhuzzah is offline  
Old Feb 27, 21, 2:39 pm
  #1896  
 
Join Date: May 2019
Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Posts: 114
Originally Posted by shadow520 View Post
I buy the black sparkle and use a black sharpie to hide the words. You have to look pretty closely to see it. Very effective, then again, I am hardly ever asked to see the card.
Agreed. Always my go to. Annoyed that I just placed an order for Black Sparkle and it said that/showed that in my confirmation email. Shipment arrived and I got silver visas with gift card prominent.
Happy Traveling Consultant is online now  
Old Feb 27, 21, 10:33 pm
  #1897  
soy
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: DUB-BOS
Programs: various
Posts: 2,926
Originally Posted by Klemhuzzah View Post
Thanks. At my goto spot, they never ask to see the card. But it turns out, SM doesn't work there. Since I'm about to go store to store looking for a place to liquidate, I expect to be asked to see the card more often, especially if it doesn't work. I prefer for them to focus on my name being printed on the card and miss the part that says gift card. Thanks again.
the order you rank them is correct, but if you are going to use a sharpie, then black sparkle rises to the top
soy is offline  
Old Feb 27, 21, 10:55 pm
  #1898  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 427
Originally Posted by soy View Post
the order you rank them is correct, but if you are going to use a sharpie, then black sparkle rises to the top
I didn't rank them, that's the order they appeared when I called up the order page. Though I did divide them between "gift card" being obvious and not obvious.

I'm undecided on using a sharpie. If that's noticed, it definitely makes you look guilty. Plus I'm lazy, and that seems like extra work I think I'm going to order one each of the Sparkle and Diamond, decide which is less obvious, then use that card when I go around looking for liquidation places. Once I find a place that works, I'll order the other 2 just to see what they look like in real life.

Thanks for everyone's feedback
Klemhuzzah is offline  
Old Feb 28, 21, 12:56 am
  #1899  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 427
Does anyone know how to order 2 designs in 1 order? I see how to vary the text and how to vary the amount on each card, but it seems like I can only choose 1 design per order
Klemhuzzah is offline  
Old Yesterday, 12:18 am
  #1900  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 17
Just got this email. Order March 4–7 and save 40% off all fees when ordering Visa® and Mastercard® Simon Giftcards®online. Use promo code FS40MAR21

TucsonJohn is offline  
Old Yesterday, 3:55 am
  #1901  
jk2
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,477
I had a problem with my local grocery store - paid for MO and turned out that MO machine was broken. They refunded money back to that card. I was checking balance on the card - first it was says "blocked", after few days the balance was shown $0. It's been almost 2 weeks. Last time I had similar problem, but instead of Simon GC I had a regular Metabank Visa, and refund came after 5 days. Simon GC also issued by Metabank. Should I call Simon to investigate?
jk2 is offline  
Old Yesterday, 10:45 am
  #1902  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Posts: 4,799
Originally Posted by jk2 View Post
I had a problem with my local grocery store - paid for MO and turned out that MO machine was broken. They refunded money back to that card. I was checking balance on the card - first it was says "blocked", after few days the balance was shown $0. It's been almost 2 weeks. Last time I had similar problem, but instead of Simon GC I had a regular Metabank Visa, and refund came after 5 days. Simon GC also issued by Metabank. Should I call Simon to investigate?
I believe that once the SM VGC card has been drained by the store and the printing of the MO fails, you cannot reload the card. The transaction has already gone through the bank and the bank has approved your grocer printing a MO. If that fails, it is the store's responsibility to make you whole, since they now have your money.

When I experienced the failed printer at WM, they simply refunded the broken money order machine problem with cash.
radonc1 is online now  
Old Today, 5:54 pm
  #1903  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 96
Originally Posted by radonc1 View Post
I believe that once the SM VGC card has been drained by the store and the printing of the MO fails, you cannot reload the card. The transaction has already gone through the bank and the bank has approved your grocer printing a MO. If that fails, it is the store's responsibility to make you whole, since they now have your money.

When I experienced the failed printer at WM, they simply refunded the broken money order machine problem with cash.
That is incorrect.
Yes, they usually just give you cash.
But No, there is no requirement that they cash you out.
They have the ability to refund the transaction to the card.

As regards the original question, it should only take 3 business days to post. Beyond that, you should inquire with the card issuer.
KwintSommer is offline  
Old Today, 7:18 pm
  #1904  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,287
Originally Posted by shadow520 View Post
I buy the black sparkle and use a black sharpie to hide the words. You have to look pretty closely to see it. Very effective, then again, I am hardly ever asked to see the card.
I do the same thing, dot technique a la Seurat. Who says Art History major was a waste?
tuphat is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: