Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
Signing up to buy $1000 visa/mc gift cards
You can buy the $1000 cards on Simon's volume site. Their regular site only sells $500 cards.
If you're new, or haven't bought anything in a year, you need to register at https://www.simon.com/volume/register-consumer
As part of the registration process, you will have to go to a brick and mortar mall and buy at least $3000 in cards in person, as well as filling out some paperwork while there. After that, you can do everything online.

As of Nov 2020, Simon Mall Gift cards will only work for $99/swipe for money services at Walmart and many grocery chains.

$1000 gift cards are available indefinitely.

2020 Promotions

Ongoing: FREEGROUND - Free Ground Shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires December 31, 2020 (subject to change).

5/15-6/17: MDHOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 9 more cards
5/15/5/31: MAYGROUND - Free UPS Ground shipping on orders of 7 or more cards
5/15-6/31: MAY20VG10 - 10% off purchase fees on Visa Giftcards
6/29-7/20: JUL4HOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. If you select a shipping other than Ground - the code will still take 20% off the purchase fees. Limited to 10 orders per customer.
8/11-8/31: AUG20PR - 15% off ALL fees (excl. shipping fees) on orders of 5 or more cards. Limited to 10 orders per customer (Originally expired on 8/23; on 8/24 promo was extended through 8/31)
10/12-10/14: FSOCT20 - 30% off all purchase fees on Visas and Mastercards.
10/26-10/31 - FS20SCARY - 35% off all purchase fees
11/1-11/30 - HOL20MC25 - 25% off all purchase fees on MasterCard / HOL20VG25 - 25% off all purchase fees on Visa / HOL20AG50 50% off all purchase fees on American Express
11/6-11/8 - FS20THANKS - 35% off all purchase fees

11/16-11/18 - FS20SAVINGS - 35% off all purchase fees

Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2021, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by pyx44
That did not work for Simon GC's.
Apologies. It did work. I got an error the first time, and didn't try again. Then I saw someone else just mention that it did work for them, so I tried it again and it worked. Thanks a lot. This saves a lot of time.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 8:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by zddp1273
Can I unload $1Ks for IRS tax payments (PayUSATax, Pay1040, ACI) as debit?
Yes - limit of 2 transactions per service, so $6k total.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 1:12 am

Which design is best at "hiding" the words "gift card"

These 4 look good on the thumbnail view, but I know the actual card may show the words more prominently

Visa Black Diamond

Visa Black Sparkle

Visa Red Sparkle

Visa Silver Co-Brand

These 2 show "gift card" clearly, even on the thumbnail view

Silver New

Silver Core Card

Thanks
Old Feb 27, 2021, 6:37 am

I buy the black sparkle and use a black sharpie to hide the words. You have to look pretty closely to see it. Very effective, then again, I am hardly ever asked to see the card.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by shadow520
I buy the black sparkle and use a black sharpie to hide the words. You have to look pretty closely to see it. Very effective, then again, I am hardly ever asked to see the card.
Thanks. At my goto spot, they never ask to see the card. But it turns out, SM doesn't work there. Since I'm about to go store to store looking for a place to liquidate, I expect to be asked to see the card more often, especially if it doesn't work. I prefer for them to focus on my name being printed on the card and miss the part that says gift card. Thanks again.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Agreed. Always my go to. Annoyed that I just placed an order for Black Sparkle and it said that/showed that in my confirmation email. Shipment arrived and I got silver visas with gift card prominent.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 9:33 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by Klemhuzzah
Thanks. At my goto spot, they never ask to see the card. But it turns out, SM doesn't work there. Since I'm about to go store to store looking for a place to liquidate, I expect to be asked to see the card more often, especially if it doesn't work. I prefer for them to focus on my name being printed on the card and miss the part that says gift card. Thanks again.
the order you rank them is correct, but if you are going to use a sharpie, then black sparkle rises to the top
Old Feb 27, 2021, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by soy
the order you rank them is correct, but if you are going to use a sharpie, then black sparkle rises to the top
I didn't rank them, that's the order they appeared when I called up the order page. Though I did divide them between "gift card" being obvious and not obvious.

I'm undecided on using a sharpie. If that's noticed, it definitely makes you look guilty. Plus I'm lazy, and that seems like extra work I think I'm going to order one each of the Sparkle and Diamond, decide which is less obvious, then use that card when I go around looking for liquidation places. Once I find a place that works, I'll order the other 2 just to see what they look like in real life.

Thanks for everyone's feedback
Old Feb 27, 2021, 11:56 pm

Does anyone know how to order 2 designs in 1 order? I see how to vary the text and how to vary the amount on each card, but it seems like I can only choose 1 design per order
Old Mar 3, 2021, 11:18 pm

Just got this email. Order March 4–7 and save 40% off all fees when ordering Visa® and Mastercard® Simon Giftcards®online. Use promo code FS40MAR21

Old Mar 4, 2021, 2:55 am
jk2

I had a problem with my local grocery store - paid for MO and turned out that MO machine was broken. They refunded money back to that card. I was checking balance on the card - first it was says "blocked", after few days the balance was shown $0. It's been almost 2 weeks. Last time I had similar problem, but instead of Simon GC I had a regular Metabank Visa, and refund came after 5 days. Simon GC also issued by Metabank. Should I call Simon to investigate?
Old Mar 4, 2021, 9:45 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by jk2
I had a problem with my local grocery store - paid for MO and turned out that MO machine was broken. They refunded money back to that card. I was checking balance on the card - first it was says "blocked", after few days the balance was shown $0. It's been almost 2 weeks. Last time I had similar problem, but instead of Simon GC I had a regular Metabank Visa, and refund came after 5 days. Simon GC also issued by Metabank. Should I call Simon to investigate?
I believe that once the SM VGC card has been drained by the store and the printing of the MO fails, you cannot reload the card. The transaction has already gone through the bank and the bank has approved your grocer printing a MO. If that fails, it is the store's responsibility to make you whole, since they now have your money.

When I experienced the failed printer at WM, they simply refunded the broken money order machine problem with cash.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by radonc1
I believe that once the SM VGC card has been drained by the store and the printing of the MO fails, you cannot reload the card. The transaction has already gone through the bank and the bank has approved your grocer printing a MO. If that fails, it is the store's responsibility to make you whole, since they now have your money.

When I experienced the failed printer at WM, they simply refunded the broken money order machine problem with cash.
That is incorrect.
Yes, they usually just give you cash.
But No, there is no requirement that they cash you out.
They have the ability to refund the transaction to the card.

As regards the original question, it should only take 3 business days to post. Beyond that, you should inquire with the card issuer.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 6:18 pm

I do the same thing, dot technique a la Seurat. Who says Art History major was a waste?
BLoch12 and TyPo311 like this.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 7:12 pm
jk2

Originally Posted by radonc1

WM works differently. As in my case, the problem was a Simon - when refund had arrived, they blocked the card - online it was shown that the balance is $0. When I called, they unblocked the card and now BAU.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.