Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
Signing up to buy $1000 visa/mc gift cards
You can buy the $1000 cards on Simon's volume site. Their regular site only sells $500 cards.
If you're new, or haven't bought anything in a year, you need to register at https://www.simon.com/volume/register-consumer
As part of the registration process, you will have to go to a brick and mortar mall and buy at least $3000 in cards in person, as well as filling out some paperwork while there. After that, you can do everything online.

As of Nov 2020, Simon Mall Gift cards will only work for $99/swipe for money services at Walmart and many grocery chains.

$1000 gift cards are available indefinitely.

2020 Promotions

Ongoing: FREEGROUND - Free Ground Shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires December 31, 2020 (subject to change).

5/15-6/17: MDHOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 9 more cards
5/15/5/31: MAYGROUND - Free UPS Ground shipping on orders of 7 or more cards
5/15-6/31: MAY20VG10 - 10% off purchase fees on Visa Giftcards
6/29-7/20: JUL4HOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. If you select a shipping other than Ground - the code will still take 20% off the purchase fees. Limited to 10 orders per customer.
8/11-8/31: AUG20PR - 15% off ALL fees (excl. shipping fees) on orders of 5 or more cards. Limited to 10 orders per customer (Originally expired on 8/23; on 8/24 promo was extended through 8/31)
10/12-10/14: FSOCT20 - 30% off all purchase fees on Visas and Mastercards.
10/26-10/31 - FS20SCARY - 35% off all purchase fees
11/1-11/30 - HOL20MC25 - 25% off all purchase fees on MasterCard / HOL20VG25 - 25% off all purchase fees on Visa / HOL20AG50 50% off all purchase fees on American Express
11/6-11/8 - FS20THANKS - 35% off all purchase fees

11/16-11/18 - FS20SAVINGS - 35% off all purchase fees

Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2019, 9:44 am

PNC BusinessOptions Credit Card

I am thinking about using the PNC BusinessOptions credit card to buy Visa gift cards at Simon Mall to meet the $25K required spend. Anyone else trying this or have tried this?
Old Sep 12, 2019, 12:42 am

Programs: EY
Originally Posted by mwstahly
Have you considered ordering giftcards online? I would love to help! Send me a pm for details.

Thanks,
As a Simon employee, may I ask how Simon is making any money off these cards? Even a 2% transaction fee wouldn't be offset by the purchase fee.

Also if you can suggest that they include money order machines in the office that would be appreciated hehe.
cruisr and mwstahly like this.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 8:46 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by xobile
As a Simon employee, may I ask how Simon is making any money off these cards? Even a 2% transaction fee wouldn't be offset by the purchase fee.

Also if you can suggest that they include money order machines in the office that would be appreciated hehe.
while you were at it you should have suggested they can the GCs and instead get MO machines and accept CCs and charge say $4.95 per $1k MO (or more for the convience)
Old Sep 12, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: Simon Malls

Unfortunately, I'm not high enough on the chain to know how much Simon Makes on the gift cards.

I do like the money order idea... I'll def. bring that up at our next conference call.

Last edited by mwstahly; Sep 12, 2019 at 8:50 am Reason: Grammar
Old Sep 12, 2019, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by craz
while you were at it you should have suggested they can the GCs and instead get MO machines and accept CCs and charge say $4.95 per $1k MO (or more for the convience)

I'll bring this up as well. While Simon owns the mall they do not own the kisoks, coke machines, crypto currency machines, atm's, etc. Changes are very hard to come make.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 10:00 am

They charge a transaction fee when you use the prepaid debit card, which is why some places do not like them.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by nall
They charge a transaction fee when you use the prepaid debit card, which is why some places do not like them.
Transaction fee is lower than our competitors, Unless there are online companies I don't know about have smaller fees...

Last edited by mwstahly; Sep 12, 2019 at 11:51 am Reason: Grammar
Old Sep 12, 2019, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
MB's new PIN changing voice system is soo annoying now with so many words and takes forever to go through the different prompts. I am not sure why MB decided to make it so cumbersome to listen.
Yeah this is annoying as hell and I've now decided to just not change the pin. Takes about 1.5 minutes to change the pin compared to about 30 seconds before.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 4:16 pm

Transaction fee is lower than our competitors, Unless there are online companies I don't know about have smaller fees...
Sorry, let me clarify. I'm not talking about PURCHASING the gift card -- I'm talking about USING it. If I have a Simon-issued gift card and, say, use it to purchase gas, the seller of gas has to pay a transaction fee. That transaction fee is higher than a typical debit card.
mwstahly likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 4:22 pm

Gotcha! I had no clue but now I do...
Old Sep 12, 2019, 7:12 pm
Suspended

I'll bring this up as well. While Simon owns the mall they do not own the kisoks, coke machines, crypto currency machines, atm's, etc. Changes are very hard to come make.
I wouldnt if I was you. My post was made in jest to the post above mine

Theres a very good reason that AFAIK its impossible to buy an MO with a CC. I highly doubt that SM wants to get into the MO, Check Cashing, and sending and receiving money business. Unless they would hire people to do only that, it will tie up the employees as is the case at Wallys and Supermarkets, and would cause undo hardship to those seeking CS from the CS folks
Old Sep 12, 2019, 8:32 pm

Since we’re asking for ridiculous, imaginary things...
How about we forget about the GCs and MOs and go straight to Simon Billpay. “Hi, I’d like to make a $25k payment to my Chase card using my Citi card please.”
gm9928 and randomdude like this.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 7:26 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
I know that paying off CC with MO is a NO, NO, and I usually follow that rule, specially with Chase. I do $5K of MS on this card per month. I had some MO and live close to Citibank and paid off my AA the last couple of months. 2-3 deposits per month. Today I got a call from Citi, number from San Antonio Texas inquiring about these deposits. At first concerned it is a phishing scam, I did not give any info, they had plenty of info on me. They never asked about purchases, just MO payments, income, etc. At the end they just stated that this card is less than 1 year old and need to learn patterns of customer. Hopefully I don't get shut down. I thought my levels were low, but apparently not. Just another reminder to keep depositing MO at my credit union.
mwstahly likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
I know that paying off CC with MO is a NO, NO, and I usually follow that rule, specially with Chase. I do $5K of MS on this card per month. I had some MO and live close to Citibank and paid off my AA the last couple of months. 2-3 deposits per month. Today I got a call from Citi, number from San Antonio Texas inquiring about these deposits. At first concerned it is a phishing scam, I did not give any info, they had plenty of info on me. They never asked about purchases, just MO payments, income, etc. At the end they just stated that this card is less than 1 year old and need to learn patterns of customer. Hopefully I don't get shut down. I thought my levels were low, but apparently not. Just another reminder to keep depositing MO at my credit union.
This does not sound very good to me.
It sounds like some Rats are nibbling on your MO cheese.

I would be very proactive and clean out any points now that you may have with Citi just in case things go south.
Happy and mwstahly like this.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by alphakenny1
Yeah this is annoying as hell and I've now decided to just not change the pin. Takes about 1.5 minutes to change the pin compared to about 30 seconds before.
Simons are Metabank cards. So things are similar to VGC purchases made from GCM.com.

Try the web: mygift.giftcardmall.com
alphakenny1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.