Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Walmart Moneycard (Serve alternative) shutdown

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Walmart Moneycard (Serve alternative) shutdown

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2018, 1:37 pm

it's a human block, the CSRs see your face and remember what their boss told them. Just go visit another store.. (after verifying that your account isn't shut down)
Old Dec 18, 2018, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Just an update, I was able to load at a different walmart. Seems like I either got a bad CSR/CSM or maybe my picture is up on the wall in their break room at the other WM. *shrug*
Old Dec 18, 2018, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by 3sgtekb
wasn't sure how secret it was and with all the flak people get when they blow a secret.... just wanted to play it safe. but yes, walmart moneycard.
No need to keep this a secret since this is NLA for registration since Jan 2017 although it's still working for those who have them.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

If there are other alternatives to serve that I’m not aware of.... please PM me! I’d even pay you if your info is legit!
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear
No need to keep this a secret since this is NLA for registration since Jan 2017 although it's still working for those who have them.
I recently had one shut down although it had almost identical activity of other cards. They never did send me a check for the remaining funds, so I loaded to Amazon and burned through it on Biyer’s Club purchases.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 8:51 am

There's definitely some alternatives, check CUs around you and you may find one or two. They are very fragile so unlikely sustained long term that's why they're not discussed openly online.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 8:31 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, SWA Companion Pass, United Silver
Originally Posted by Mamibear
There's definitely some alternatives, check CUs around you and you may find one or two. They are very fragile so unlikely sustained long term that's why they're not discussed openly online.
Please don’t elaborate further!
Old Dec 20, 2018, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by doggiefizzle

Please don’t elaborate further!
i dont think that’s even necessary to say. It’s a given for most of us and Mamibear isn’t going to post sensitive info in a public place.
Old Nov 15, 2020, 8:42 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong seems like WM introduced a new version of their MoneyCard recently. Free cash reloads at WM, and no monthly fee if you load $1000 a month. It also gives you 2% APY on your savings up to $1000. To me this is better than GoBank, which limits you to $500 per load. You also have to do ACH push of $500 every month to avoid the monthly fee.

https://www.walmartmoneycard.com/about-our-product
Old Nov 15, 2020, 9:07 pm

Can you load it with a debit purchase?
Old Dec 10, 2020, 12:52 pm

I've been a BlueBird holder for about 3 years. Today I received an MoneyCard but didn't apply for it. It's not an application but an actual card with my information on it. However, a large number of state employees did receive notices that unemployment benefits were requested on our behalf. (Like a lot) I'm trying to put any of the puzzle pieces together.

BTW - I have the Experian monitoring service, and it doesn't show anything alerts for a credit pull on their end.

Is this a card automatically sent out to BB accounts?
Old Dec 12, 2020, 12:14 pm
ogg

AFAIK Wal-Mart doesn't have any arrangements to handle unemployment payments for any state. I have two BB cards and haven't received a MoneyCard. Why don't you call the number on the back of the card and ask why it was sent to you and what information is showing? This could be a promotion from WM--but it also could be a sign of identity theft. Should be easy to find out. If you don't want it, tell the rep to cancel it when you call.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 9:00 am

I know I saw someone post the WM action code to load the WM MoneyCard as a "Cash In" transaction without a load fee in a different thread, but can't seem to find it. Anyone know what it is? You can PM me if you don't want it made public.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.