Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stories :-:

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2018, 9:26 am

borders gift cards that could be purchased through a portal with borders gift cards. even better when they earned borders bucks. i will never forget the day a cashier looked up my account and told her colleague, "whoa! over $100 in borders bucks. i didn't even think you could get that many!"
Old Dec 19, 2018, 1:11 pm

Bing rewards from Microsoft on Ebay

You could get a significant discount by clicking on certian items which would carry over to whatever you bought. I would buy a thousand two dollar bills for less than face value
Old Dec 19, 2018, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by knopfler
RIP Kate
I don't really understand the de-MOing of Kate and her successors. You would think that WM and MG would look for every opportunity to automate processes. Maybe AML, KYC and other bank regs trump what seems like a no-brainer.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by tuphat
I don't really understand the de-MOing of Kate and her successors. You would think that WM and MG would look for every opportunity to automate processes. Maybe AML, KYC and other bank regs trump what seems like a no-brainer.
Not to mention they made twice the fees for anyone needing over $500 in MO.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by crabbing
borders gift cards that could be purchased through a portal with borders gift cards. even better when they earned borders bucks. i will never forget the day a cashier looked up my account and told her colleague, "whoa! over $100 in borders bucks. i didn't even think you could get that many!"
Ooh, reminds me of Active Junky.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Delete

Last edited by Travelz; Mar 27, 2019 at 1:48 pm
Old Dec 20, 2018, 9:51 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Visa Buxx... used to fund them online, withdraw from a 99 cent fee ATM. I was combining that with the Target Redbird/CVS VR and Amex for Target. Those were "good old days" for me since I missed the Mint rush.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 6:59 pm

It’s interesting that the majority of “stories” posted by people here are from those that haven’t posted much on FT.
Renes Points likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:14 pm

I don't see any mention of the Bing Cashback on eBay. Microsoft paid up to 35% cashback on eBay purchases you searched out using their search engine. It didn't take long for people to figure out how to buy and sell gold on eBay with Microsoft subsidizing each transaction. Unfortunately for me, I was too naive about what eBay and PayPal would allow and ended up losing both accounts by sailing too close to the wind. If I'd known it was going to persist for over a year, I would have played it safe and I may still have very well seasoned eBay and PayPal accounts.

Or is it flying too close to the sun?
Old Dec 25, 2018, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by peteypablo
I don't see any mention of the Bing Cashback on eBay. Microsoft paid up to 35% cashback on eBay purchases you searched out using their search engine. It didn't take long for people to figure out how to buy and sell gold on eBay with Microsoft subsidizing each transaction. Unfortunately for me, I was too naive about what eBay and PayPal would allow and ended up losing both accounts by sailing too close to the wind. If I'd known it was going to persist for over a year, I would have played it safe and I may still have very well seasoned eBay and PayPal accounts.

I bought two dollar bills, they would come a thousand in a box, my family was sure I was going to be in trouble for money laundering
Old Dec 25, 2018, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by peteypablo

Sun. Icarus flew too close to the sun (against his father's advice) and his wings melted.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by knopfler
Sun. Icarus flew too close to the sun (against his father's advice) and his wings melted.
But did he get the tier points?
Old Dec 25, 2018, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by isriam
discover 10% back for apple pay and doubled the first year.
10% back in nearly $30k in purchases and doubled due to D trying not to payout.. place other than WG that allowed AP that D never realized. Took about a year on $20k of it
Old Dec 27, 2018, 10:14 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Was introduced to Serve by Isis Wallet (that tap to pay consortium of ATT, Verizon, and T-Mobile when they together blocked the SIM card secure element from Google so lagdroid phones couldn't use Google Wallet), got started with VGCs at Kates, and never stopped since...
Old Dec 29, 2018, 12:20 pm

MOs at USPS. It would fun times where splitting VGCs wasn't a huge deal for most of the cashiers I interfaced with. Too bad its pretty much dead for the most part.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.