Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stories :-:

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Stories :-:

A simple title for a research thread. It would be great if ppl post some good old dead deals so we can try to find new ones. Post an MS story from history.

I started when you could load BB with Vanilla Reloads and then the Redbird card could be loaded with a CC. There are lots of deals to list.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: UR, Marriott, AA, WN, Chick Fil A Red
In college, I bought 30 day t-bills with a cc for no fee. Collected interest and spend. I’m not holding my breath on that one coming back though.
Travelz and TyPo311 like this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 8:43 pm

I bought coins from the US mint, and deposited them into a bank.
Travelz and hi55us like this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:16 am

Programs: SWA A-List, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
I have spent 50+ hours standing in line at Walmart this year liquidating VGCs. Some would say it's not a good use of my time, and I'd agree with them.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:21 am

I still miss Amazon Paymrnts......$1,000 MS each month for every Amazon account. No fees, no standing in line, no driving around, no surly CSRs.
cruisr, daprophecy, SR99 and 3 others like this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 9:26 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
AMEX Serve CC loading was nice. Not big $, but the ease was its main selling point. Had it on cruise control. AMEX shut me down for some unknown reason.

Had a local grocery who would sell me as many MO as I wanted as long as I showed them my name on the card matched my id. That gravy train was nice until they canceled their MG services contract.
daprophecy, Travelz and cuthroat like this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 2:17 pm

Bluebirds and Redbirds and Vanilla reloads. The glory days.

Pour one out for Citi, Wells Fargo and Chase unlimited 5x.
cruisr, daprophecy, SR99 and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 5:07 pm

5-Backs and MOs at KMart and BP other places.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by Clueless12
5-Backs and MOs at KMart and BP other places.
I miss 5 backs. Every time I got a system down, we got a notification of leaving the program. That's an example of out of nowhere MS which will always come around. There's always something that will pop up like that.. those things made me HAPPY.
Clueless12 likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by jtav559

Had a local grocery who would sell me as many MO as I wanted as long as I showed them my name on the card matched my id. That gravy train was nice until they canceled their MG services contract.
I laughed at the underlined portion above. I cannot imagine why a grocery store would cancel a service that provided them with customers and generated fees. However, I certainly can imagine MG cancelling a service provider that was 6 standard deviations above a standard grocery store's level for money order sales, especially $500 ones. That probably didn't look too suspicious for ML'ing to MG, did it???? :
Old Dec 4, 2018, 7:45 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
I had so much fun with the 5 back on the 5 backs from GCM last year (then MANY visits to CVS).

So what to do with hundreds of 5 backs with $25 on them? I pre-paid my Sprint bill for a year.

Then Sprint fraud called me. They asked why I had paid my bill for a year with $25 payments. I said because I had many $25 gift cards.

Rep said you can not do this.

I said - Really?

Rep said we will have to send you a check!

Oh did the same thing with Comcast. Their fraud dept. called as well. They did not send me a check.
Travelz, cuthroat and spamman808 like this.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 8:04 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by radonc1
I laughed at the underlined portion above. I cannot imagine why a grocery store would cancel a service that provided them with customers and generated fees. However, I certainly can imagine MG cancelling a service provider that was 6 standard deviations above a standard grocery store's level for money order sales, especially $500 ones. That probably didn't look too suspicious for ML'ing to MG, did it???? :
While I wish I could claim MS volumes that would make auditors blush! But, that was just not the case. They are a local chain of 20+ stores, I split up my purchases among them so I wasn't fishing out of the same little pond every day of the week. I doubt my 2/3/4*$500MO's a few days per week were the nail in that coffin. It was a sad day when I saw the posted sign that MO's were on the outs.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 8:10 am

Nothing will compare with WF for me. Nothing like being able to make more in rewards than you do during your day job. Part of me wonders why I still continue this given the smaller margins.
daprophecy and Travelz like this.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by jtav559
While I wish I could claim MS volumes that would make auditors blush! But, that was just not the case. They are a local chain of 20+ stores, I split up my purchases among them so I wasn't fishing out of the same little pond every day of the week. I doubt my 2/3/4*$500MO's a few days per week were the nail in that coffin. It was a sad day when I saw the posted sign that MO's were on the outs.
I am almost certain that you weren't the cause of the MO demise at your chain. However, I really doubt that you were the only miscreant abusing their system.

In fact, it would surprise me if they hadn't been exploited by the local criminal element.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 2:26 pm

PPMC was another fun one. And T-MO/Reloadits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.