Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Citi closed all our accounts despite having a strong relationship

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi closed all our accounts despite having a strong relationship

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: UA gold
Originally Posted by Happy
You really should do some reading before making the assumption.

The languages in the T&Cs do not hold up neither in Small Claims Courts nor in Arbitration process, in the area where the banks have not spelled out clearly what are the forbidden therefore not entitled to earn rewards.

Like I said, you will not get the accounts reinstated but you get every penny you are owed, plus in the current Citi agreement with the 2 law firms - if you are represented by them, Citi agrees to pay you one EACH account that is shut down, on an agreed upon formula between Citi and the law firms.

Small Claims Courts have limitation on how much a complainant can receive, but arbitration does NOT.

Arbitration costs the business big money upfront but nearly nothing to the consumer who filed the motion. Citi was stupid enough to fight the arbitration and eventually realized it has lost a lot of money - both in term of expenses and in term of settlements. Therefore now anyone suffers a shut down from Citi has 2 lawfirms to choose from, to represent the consumer and go thru the settlement process.

Again, the information is for those who want to get back what is confiscated, illegally, by the banks. Not useful if your goal is to reinstate your closed accounts. I think my initial post is quite clear on that.
Can you provide more details about how to start the arbitration process? I got axed few months ago and they forfeitures all my DC rewards. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.