FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Stop & Shop and Giant supermarkets gas rewards points on gift card purchases(2018-24) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1887866-stop-shop-giant-supermarkets-gas-rewards-points-gift-card-purchases-2018-24-a.html)

cruisr Mar 29, 2018 1:55 pm

SNS is very YMMV.
The three I visit all have different policies. One takes my DL for any GC purchase over 500.00, one takes it for over 3k and one does whatever the person working the counter decided to do. I’ve bought 4K once and the cashier didn’t ask for my DL. Next week, different cashier, and they asked, Been going to these locations for many many years and they are all friendly and I have no problem giving them my DL if they ask. Not giving it to them would be a problem. Again, YMMV.

zeppoloveskafka Mar 29, 2018 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by cwh82 (Post 29581500)
What kind of volume were you doing? I really only started doing bigger amounts last week for the 2x fuel points promo. Did about $8k for the week.

These days I only go during gas promotions. The volume I've done was insignificant... I've done far higher volume than what got me in trouble, but it was during a $5000 purchase. Basically it was just a moron money manager or whatever her title was and as far as she knew, it was the first time I had been at that Giant. She knew nothing...she thought that gift cards were connected with western union, and she confused them with money orders. Then she decided to implement a policy for me that I did not find out about until I came the next time. I'm sure she was convinced that I was robbing them or doing something illegal and she decided to be Superwoman and stop me. In my experiences the most dangerous situations are when a high up unknowledgeable manager wanders in. I've found that older white women are the worst.

DiMAn0684 Mar 30, 2018 10:14 am

Just saw 4/6-4/12 ad; Great news, 3x pts on Visa GCs that week!

FrankMS Mar 30, 2018 10:57 am

Originally Posted by DiMAn0684 (Post 29584488)

That was quick. The previous points will still have over a week to go until expiration.

yoyo Mar 30, 2018 10:59 am

Originally Posted by DiMAn0684 (Post 29584488)

Oh no !!! I overloaded my account last round. Why can't they have a month in between promotions! :p;)

slicktraveler Mar 30, 2018 2:34 pm

What site did you see next weeks ad I am unable to find ad yet for 4/6-12?

makelab Mar 31, 2018 10:03 am

Originally Posted by iahphx (Post 29574339)
Easy free $15 in groceries today. This deal is an absolute no-brainer if you have a Mastercard for the next couple of days. For my $6 fee, I got $15 in free groceries, $15 in free gas and about $15 in JetBlue air travel.

If only it were scaleable (maybe it is, if you're more ambitious with FR and Giant accounts than I am).

any dp that this is limited to specific areas? i am in central MD and it is not listed under digital coupons. EDIT: or maybe they limited its use?

devastitis Mar 31, 2018 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by makelab (Post 29587433)
any dp that this is limited to specific areas? i am in central MD and it is not listed under digital coupons. EDIT: or maybe they limited its use?

it worked for my account and my wife’s account, but didn’t show up for my in laws’ accounts. Not sure but may be there was a usage limit, as my in laws created an account yesterday and it didn’t show.

riphamilton Mar 31, 2018 9:42 pm

for those with chase freedom cards and/or a discover card that earns 5% on different categories quarterly.... Q2 includes stop and shop. it's an easy $75 cashback on each card.

Car Jack Apr 1, 2018 6:29 am

I've tried Freedom before at S&S for gift cards and my statement showed only 1%. That was quite a while ago. I'd be very interested to hear if it's different now.

Prometheus77 Apr 1, 2018 9:00 am

Originally Posted by slicktraveler (Post 29585347)
What site did you see next weeks ad I am unable to find ad yet for 4/6-12?

It can be found here

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...9f5fba8bd7.jpg

cruisr Apr 1, 2018 9:17 am

Originally Posted by Car Jack (Post 29589920)
I've tried Freedom before at S&S for gift cards and my statement showed only 1%. That was quite a while ago. I'd be very interested to hear if it's different now.

Are you saying you used your registered Freedom in a quarter that was giving a bonus (total 5% cashback) at grocery stores and you only got 1% back? If you registered your card and the category for the spend bonus for the quarter was grocery stores then you should have received 5% cashback.

ive never had a problem with the spend for bonus in the various categories.

yoyo Apr 1, 2018 10:20 am

Purchase done in the afternoon of 03/30 does post to FR with expire date of June 30th. FYI

FrankMS Apr 1, 2018 10:27 am

Originally Posted by yoyo (Post 29590463)
Purchase done in the afternoon of 03/30 does post to FR with expire date of June 30th. FYI

Yes, I'm seeing the same thing.

riphamilton Apr 1, 2018 10:39 am

Originally Posted by cruisr (Post 29590318)

Are you saying you used your registered Freedom in a quarter that was giving a bonus (total 5% cashback) at grocery stores and you only got 1% back? If you registered your card and the category for the spend bonus for the quarter was grocery stores then you should have received 5% cashback.

ive never had a problem with the spend for bonus in the various categories.

i've also had no problem with getting my 5%. my android pay cashback (which was generated from stop and shop gift cards) from Q1 of this year posted without incident.