FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Stop & Shop and Giant supermarkets gas rewards points on gift card purchases(2018-24) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1887866-stop-shop-giant-supermarkets-gas-rewards-points-gift-card-purchases-2018-24-a.html)

yoyo Mar 21, 2018 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by iahphx (Post 29552710)
That's good news! Could you post a copy of the text?

I think I'm signed up for their spam -- I get a few promotional emails from them each month -- and I don't seem to have this one.

I think he was mistaken. The extended offer was for getting 15cents for linking first master card.

devastitis Mar 21, 2018 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by yoyo (Post 29552759)
I think he was mistaken. The extended offer was for getting 15cents for linking first master card.

hmm maybe.

“Offer extended: Earn 15c/gal the first time you link a Mastercard.

​​​​​Get started with this
one-time bonus offer:Earn 15¢/gal the first time you link a Mastercard® to your
Fuel Rewards® account.link a card
Terms & conditions apply. Offer expires 4/30/18.”

devastitis Mar 21, 2018 8:19 pm

“Please review the following participation requirements for the Mastercard One-Time Linking Bonus Offer (the “Offer”). To be eligible to earn Fuel Rewards® savings through the Offer the following requirements must be met:
  • You must be a Fuel Rewards® member.
    • You can sign up for the Fuel Rewards® program at fuelrewards.com/mastercard.
    • You can request a Fuel Rewards® card online during sign-up or pick one up at any participating Shell station and activate it online at fuelrewards.com/mastercard or you can request a member ID online.
  • You must have a valid Mastercard credit, debit, and/or prepaid card that is issued by a U.S. financial institution.
    • Mastercard Corporate and Commercial cards including Government, Small Business and Payroll cards are ineligible for the Offer.
  • You must register and link a valid Mastercard (“Linked Mastercard”) to your Fuel Rewards® account between January 3, 2017 and April 30, 2018.
    • Offer only valid for the first time you link a Mastercard to your Fuel Rewards® account.
    • Existing Fuel Rewards® members who have linked a Mastercard to their Fuel Rewards® account prior January 3, 2017 are not eligible for the Offer.
  • Once you have linked a Mastercard to your Fuel Rewards® account, you will earn a one-time 15¢/gal Mastercard Linking Bonus. No purchase necessary.
  • Fuel Rewards® savings earned through the Offer will post to your Fuel Rewards® account approximately 10-15 business days after you have linked your Mastercard to your Fuel Rewards® account. Once Fuel Rewards® savings have posted to your account, you can redeem them by inserting your Fuel Rewards® card at the pump or entering your member ID at any participating Shell station. The price of fuel will roll down based on the amount of accumulated rewards posted to your Fuel Rewards®account at the time of redemption for up to 20 gallons of fuel.
  • Fuel Rewards® savings earned through the Offer expire on the last day of the month immediately following the month in which they are posted to your Fuel Rewards® account.
Please see fuelrewards.com for complete Fuel Rewards® program details or click here for full Terms and Conditions.”
Doesn’t this just mean we can create a new account and link a card to get the extended offer?

iahphx Mar 25, 2018 9:15 pm

Doctor of Credit has a link to a new Giant/Stop&Shop promo where you can get a $15 digital coupon for free groceries when you buy $250 in VGCs.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/giant...cery-purchase/

Seems like a good deal (albeit limited to one purchase) -- especially for those of us who would use our Mastercards before the end of the month to buy a $500 VGC and get another 75 cents in Fuel Rewards to use by the end of May. But I don't think the Doctor is quite right about the terms. Wouldn't you have to buy those $15 in groceries at the same time as the gift card and immediately get the credit?

The doctorofcredit also has the scoop on an upcoming deal that earns 5x on certain retail gift cards next week.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/giant...ards-3-30-4-5/

RedSun Mar 25, 2018 9:35 pm

I went to our Stop & Shop. But sadly the store has been shut down. ShopRite is next door. Will have to find another one.... No good.

soy Mar 26, 2018 5:32 am

Originally Posted by iahphx (Post 29566758)
Doctor of Credit has a link to a new Giant/Stop&Shop promo where you can get a $15 digital coupon for free groceries when you buy $250 in VGCs.

Wouldn't you have to buy those $15 in groceries at the same time as the gift card and immediately get the credit?

Thats how it worked every other time they have run it

iahphx Mar 26, 2018 7:47 am

Originally Posted by soy (Post 29567661)
Thats how it worked every other time they have run it

So you're agreeing with me -- you have to buy the groceries simultaneously and 15 bucks comes off instantaneously?

If anyone does this today, please post the results. Thanks.

soy Mar 26, 2018 8:12 am

The $15 comes off after you enter any coupons, right before you actually pay. The $15 cannot include the GC fee (at least thats how I remember it).
If you search the posts from previous iterations of this offer on DoC - you will see datapoints about all this

cwh82 Mar 26, 2018 9:23 am

Just used the coupon last night. Bought $15 worth of groceries along with the VGC and received the $15 discount. It doesn't deduct from the activation fee.

iahphx Mar 26, 2018 9:48 am

Originally Posted by soy (Post 29568174)
The $15 comes off after you enter any coupons, right before you actually pay. The $15 cannot include the GC fee (at least thats how I remember it).
If you search the posts from previous iterations of this offer on DoC - you will see datapoints about all this

Originally Posted by cwh82 (Post 29568436)
Just used the coupon last night. Bought $15 worth of groceries along with the VGC and received the $15 discount. It doesn't deduct from the activation fee.

Thanks for the confirmation. Since I'm sure I can use the May-expiring FR credits -- a deal that may be about to expire -- it's a no-brainer to pick up the $15 in free groceries by buying a $500 VGC.

DiMAn0684 Mar 27, 2018 9:16 am

Seems like a good deal (albeit limited to one purchase) -- especially for those of us who would use our Mastercards before the end of the month to buy a $500 VGC and get another 75 cents in Fuel Rewards to use by the end of May.

Is last day to earn MC rewards 3/31? Is devastitis the only one seeing 4/30 as the last day of the promo?

macrophage Mar 27, 2018 9:23 am

Originally Posted by DiMAn0684 (Post 29572639)
Is last day to earn MC rewards 3/31? Is devastitis the only one seeing 4/30 as the last day of the promo?

3/31 is the last day to earn (make purchases)
4/30 is when the gas points earned will expire

There might be a play here... where you make your purchase lateeee in the month and have the new earned points show up on 4/1 or something and that should trigger an expiration of 5/31...

thebat Mar 27, 2018 9:50 am

Seems like a good deal (albeit limited to one purchase) -- especially for those of us who would use our Mastercards before the end of the month to buy a $500 VGC and get another 75 cents in Fuel Rewards to use by the end of May. But I don't think the Doctor is quite right about the terms. Wouldn't you have to buy those $15 in groceries at the same time as the gift card and immediately get the credit?

The doctorofcredit also has the scoop on an upcoming deal that earns 5x on certain retail gift cards next week.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/giant...ards-3-30-4-5/

Does this show up in the regular circulars? I don't see it in the Southern CT area.

DiMAn0684 Mar 27, 2018 10:04 am

Originally Posted by macrophage (Post 29572676)
3/31 is the last day to earn (make purchases)
4/30 is when the gas points earned will expire

There might be a play here... where you make your purchase lateeee in the month and have the new earned points show up on 4/1 or something and that should trigger an expiration of 5/31...

I don't believe this is accurate. FRs I've earned in Feb had expiration set to the end of April, the ones from March expire in the end of May.

Details from FR site; I believe MC offer falls under "Card-Linked Offers":

Rewards earned through the following offers expire on the last day of the month, two full months following the month in which they were earned.

Ex: Earn a reward on June 15, and the reward will expire on August 31.

Card-Linked Offers
Travel
Online Shopping

devastitis Mar 27, 2018 10:28 am

I’m still assuming like 3/31 is the last day, but you could create a new account to see if you can pull up the offer as well.