Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2018, 6:01 am

It triggered a bonus for me 2 months ago. I've been buying VGCs in-store for Amex MSR just to be on the safe side in case anything changes, but I have yet to see a DP that GCM does not count toward MSR.
Old May 15, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; American Airlines Platinum; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Euler22
If you can update if/when you get paid out that would be great! I've heard that even when tracking GCM isn't paying out so I hope this is still working.

DP (and this might just be because I don't understand cashback portals): My offer is no longer pending. It's now verified.

Like I said, I just might not be understanding how cashback portals work.
Old May 15, 2018, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by LocoBigH
DP (and this might just be because I don't understand cashback portals): My offer is no longer pending. It's now verified.

Like I said, I just might not be understanding how cashback portals work.
Not sure about befrugal , but TCB it will go to pending first , then confirmed 1/2 day ahead of the payout date (15th of each month ) and then change into payable on 15th.

Befrugal - While tracking itself , the status was updated as verified and shown exactly a month after the purchase date as payout date.
Old May 15, 2018, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu
Not sure about befrugal , but TCB it will go to pending first , then confirmed 1/2 day ahead of the payout date (15th of each month ) and then change into payable on 15th.

Befrugal - While tracking itself , the status was updated as verified and shown exactly a month after the purchase date as payout date.
I can get my TCB payouts whenever I want. There is no set 15th of each month payout for TCB. I've gotten a payout twice this week and again last week no problem.
Old May 15, 2018, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu
... TCB it will go to pending first , then confirmed 1/2 day ahead of the payout date ...
TCB transactions can stay "confirmed" for up to 3 months, also not a guarantee of payment (although a good sign).
Old May 16, 2018, 12:56 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by Superorb
I can get my TCB payouts whenever I want. There is no set 15th of each month payout for TCB. I've gotten a payout twice this week and again last week no problem.
He's talking about when GCM charges convert from confirmed to payable. That's why all GCM purchases through March 12th just became available today.
Old May 17, 2018, 6:27 am

my 4/28 order finally got a shipment notification.
Old May 17, 2018, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
He's talking about when GCM charges convert from confirmed to payable. That's why all GCM purchases through March 12th just became available today.
Ahh, gotcha. Never noticed this.
Old May 17, 2018, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by vodafone
my 4/28 order finally got a shipment notification.
My 4/24 order is still in limbo. Contacted them again, the issue is being worked on by their "level 2 customer support" and they are doing all they can ...

If I haven't been refunded by tomorrow I'm initiating a chargeback. This is completely ridiculous. I'm still shadowbanned apparently, the difference is that instead of orders being cancelled within a day or two I'm being charged and won't get anything. It's been over 3 weeks.
Old May 19, 2018, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jsl_313
It triggered a bonus for me 2 months ago. I've been buying VGCs in-store for Amex MSR just to be on the safe side in case anything changes, but I have yet to see a DP that GCM does not count toward MSR.
What kind of bonus - a sign up bonus or a spending bonus? Major difference.
Old May 20, 2018, 9:39 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Can someone tell me the main difference of GCM, GC and SimonMall? I know the cashback/rebates can be different and the order limits can be different.

I just want to order some VGCs and do not know what amount to order. I'd think I use about $5k to $10 a month just to feed my Serve/BB at DG and Walmart. Do not do MOs since I do not want to mess up my banks. Should I order all the GCs together (each month) to save on the shipping cost?
Old May 20, 2018, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear
Can you share link of such threat?

I have not read of threats that Simon will charge fees after shipment of cards, they didn't charge purchase fee(s) at the time order is placed (even for volume orders). They also had a chance to cancel it if was a glitch/mistake but they didn't and they even sent emails when order(s) were shipped.
Although the last batch SGC orders with no fees came later than usual, I have not read of this so called threats of clawback. Since I've drained all of them and have cleared the bank, I can safely say there is no threat of clawback nor deactivation of cards.
Old May 20, 2018, 7:41 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Tried to use BeFrugal with GCM and it works really well.

It takes a month to post, not bad. Will continue to use it unless there is anything better.
Old May 20, 2018, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MR, SPG, UR
Originally Posted by RedSun
Tried to use BeFrugal with GCM and it works really well.

It takes a month to post, not bad. Will continue to use it unless there is anything better.
I thought portals don't payout cashback after May 1st for GCM. Can someone confirm this now?
Old May 20, 2018, 10:00 pm

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by MusicalMind
I thought portals don't payout cashback after May 1st for GCM. Can someone confirm this now?
There hasn't been enough time for a positive DP, so I'm just assuming portals don't pay out for VGCs on GCM until I see it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.