Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2018, 7:03 am

My reason is fees. I've never purchased from giftcards.com, but there may also be differences with order processing time, shipping time, etc.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 9:14 am

I placed one order a few weeks ago for $500. No problems receiving it and getting a MO.

I placed an order two days ago for $1000 (2x$500) and received an email a few hours later stating that the order was cancelled. I called and the representative said it was for security reasons and could not provide any additional details.

I placed a second order the following day for the same amount and received yet another cancelled order email. I called and got the same answer.

Has anyone had this issue?
Old Feb 27, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Welcome to GCM. Yes, canceled orders are common and frustrating. It's fishy, isn't it? (High school French was a long time ago.)

Did you get a fraud alert from your credit card issuer? If not, the cancellation was on the GCM side for mysterious reasons.

GC.com costs me more, but I use it because I don't run into the cancellation issue.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by carofly
Hey guys, I am new to MS. I would appreciate if someone could help me. I see a lot of people buy VGCs from giftcardmall and not so many from giftcards.com. Could someone tell me what the reason for this is? The cards are the same, aren't they? Is it because of the fees?

Thanks!
GCM does cost less than GC on fees so that is one good reason. Also CB portals usually offer more for GCM. I'd recommend looking at some CB portals to get an idea what they offer for both GC and GCM and then experiment to see what works for you.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 4:52 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Thanks for the info guys!
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:47 am

I purchased VISA GC from GCM using TCB website on 1/4/18, the transaction still shows pending status on my TCB dashboard - not confirmed yet. Anyone one on same boat and any idea how long it takes to change cashback to confirm status?
Currently it states estimated payout time of 10 weeks
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:57 am

Stays pending for 8-9 weeks, then confirmed for a few days, maybe a week, then payable.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 12:39 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by james0071
I purchased VISA GC from GCM using TCB website on 1/4/18, the transaction still shows pending status on my TCB dashboard - not confirmed yet. Anyone one on same boat and any idea how long it takes to change cashback to confirm status?
Only orders up until Christmas are payable right now. You still have a few weeks until your order will be payable.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 7:03 pm

yup.. min 8 weeks for GCM to be payable.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 7:59 pm

It is supposed to be 10 weeks (70 days) before an order becomes payable. Dec 20th was 70 days ago.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by james0071
bought on the same day and the transaction is pending too. Still not confirmed.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 5:44 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by cashcyclone
bought on the same day and the transaction is pending too. Still not confirmed.
It will confirm in 10 weeks.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by GetawaysRus
Welcome to GCM. Yes, canceled orders are common and frustrating. It's fishy, isn't it? (High school French was a long time ago.)

Did you get a fraud alert from your credit card issuer? If not, the cancellation was on the GCM side for mysterious reasons.

GC.com costs me more, but I use it because I don't run into the cancellation issue.
Thanks. Nope, no fraud alerts from AMEX.

Speaking of AMEX... I am meeting minimum spend for a Delta Gold card. I know AMEX sometimes does not count Simon mall GC for minimum spend. Are they strict about GCM as well?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by poisson
Thanks. Nope, no fraud alerts from AMEX.

Speaking of AMEX... I am meeting minimum spend for a Delta Gold card. I know AMEX sometimes does not count Simon mall GC for minimum spend. Are they strict about GCM as well?
I don't believe anybody will be able to answer that with any kind of certainty, but I stayed away from purchasing GCs all together to meet my Delta Gold minimum. Are you doing the recent 75K offer Delta Gold? If so, it has that MS unfriendly language right in the beginning "If we, solely in our discretion, determine that you engaged in gaming... ". To me, it's just not worth the risk of losing AMEX accounts when you can meet that relatively low minimum in other ways, especially considering multiple reports that AMEX has been cracking down on folks trying to open CCs for bonus purposes in the last year or so.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 7:44 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by DjRocket
I don't believe anybody will be able to answer that with any kind of certainty, .
we can.....GCM will not count toward any sort of AMEX bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.