Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2018, 8:36 am

File CFPB complaints against Blackhawk to speed things along...
Old May 11, 2018, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by cashcyclone
My order on 4/24 has not shipped yet either Yet bunch of others from same day have shipped and arrived in a week.
My order from 4/30 on Simon GCM hasn't shipped either. Customer service is of little help
Old May 12, 2018, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu
i have just placed an order with gcm thru befrugal. the terms say 1% for vgc , and i messaged support and they also confirmed the same. So i just gave a try. Atleast i have the msg proof and term and condition screenshot , if they dont pay
Did you get tracking at 1%?
Old May 12, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by Travelz
Did you get tracking at 1%?
I got tracking at 1% when I made an order past midnight EST May 1st. But I read here that if they don’t receive money from GCM, it doesn’t matter if it shows up as tracking or not.
Old May 12, 2018, 7:52 am

Learned my lesson with AXP years ago when they quit paying CBs for AGCs >$200 and there were portals that didn't post the update to their site(s). When I inquired about a payment that was long overdue, I was told that AXP didn't pay them as of X date for AGC orders >$200 It's still too early to say whether portals will really pay but hopefully, they do.
Old May 12, 2018, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear
Learned my lesson with AXP years ago when they quit paying CBs for AGCs >$200 and there were portals that didn't post the update to their site(s). When I inquired about a payment that was long overdue, I was told that AXP didn't pay them as of X date for AGC orders >$200 It's still too early to say whether portals will really pay but hopefully, they do.
Good to know. The masters at gcdot com are working well and are cheaper than SM. I wonder if visa will come back to either site. Should we update the Wiki for new people so they know not to order visa from either site? GCM does not sell masters.
Old May 12, 2018, 10:52 am

befrugal tracked 1% for vgc and support team confirmed no exclusuons when specifically asked about vgc. and payout time is mentioned as just 1 month compared to 2 months from tcb
Old May 12, 2018, 12:39 pm

Quick one - I'm doing a home renovation, and want to buy Home Depot gift cards through Office Supply store for 5x on Ink. Can I do this online? I noticed Office Depot's url includes giftcardmall, so not sure if that will code as an "office" purchase on my Ink if bought online. Should I just head into the store and buy them there?

Thanks!
Old May 12, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: Lots
befrugal tracked 1% for vgc and support team confirmed no exclusuons when specifically asked about vgc. and payout time is mentioned as just 1 month compared to 2 months from tcb
I will be pleasantly surprised if I get cashback for my May 1st purchases, but I’ll take the word of CSRs with a grain of salt. I’ll make more orders after I receive my cashback but not before then.
Old May 12, 2018, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by yurch10
Quick one - I'm doing a home renovation, and want to buy Home Depot gift cards through Office Supply store for 5x on Ink. Can I do this online? I noticed Office Depot's url includes giftcardmall, so not sure if that will code as an "office" purchase on my Ink if bought online. Should I just head into the store and buy them there?
if it goes through GCM, you will NOT get 5x on your Ink card, better buy them in-store even if they submit L3 data.which means receipt will show what you've bought. With HomeDepot GCs, I think you're safe because you can always tell them if you are questioned that these are NOT cash equivalents that goes against their terms.
Old May 13, 2018, 7:08 am

If you can update if/when you get paid out that would be great! I've heard that even when tracking GCM isn't paying out so I hope this is still working.
Old May 13, 2018, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by Euler22
If you can update if/when you get paid out that would be great! I've heard that even when tracking GCM isn't paying out so I hope this is still working.
Originally Posted by devastitis

I will be pleasantly surprised if I get cashback for my May 1st purchases, but I’ll take the word of CSRs with a grain of salt. I’ll make more orders after I receive my cashback but not before then.
Payout date is mentioned as June 11. I am not loosing much by buying it from GCM compared to Simon mall. For 10k , simon mall cost 80$ + Gas cost 10 $ + Chick Fil a cost of 10 $. = 100 $ . GCM costs 130$ without cash back. Spending 30 $ more, saves me an average of 1 to 2 hrs of time. If cashback payouts ill come out ahead , if not iam fine with saving my time .
Prometheus77 likes this.
Old May 14, 2018, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by Euler22
Not sure there would be anything concrete because TCB didn't nix GCM until about three weeks ago, so how would someone who went through Befrugal who tracked at 1% already have definitive data that they didn't pay out since it takes a month?
Old May 14, 2018, 2:35 pm

we have to wait till the cb posts. Technically these should be dead now.
Old May 14, 2018, 6:22 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Anyone hear of gcm not counting for @m3x MSR? I've heard grumblings and rumors but not of any dp I trust.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.