Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018. The previous discussion can be found here.

Giftcards.com (and giftcardmall) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

Check cash back portals to help cover the fees. Around the holidays there is usually free shipping. http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/cashback-store/giftcards.com/

Limit 5k/ every 48 hours (2 orders under 2.5k including the fees). However, system will reportedly "error out" if more than two orders are attempted within two days.

Cards must be activated before use. Orders usually arrive in 5-7 days.

Select the free letter on the left instead of paying for a card on the right of the screen to save money.

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have them reissued.

Print Wikipost

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2018, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by pstatesmd
I just had a couple purchases reversed this morning. Not sure what's going on.
Same is the case for me. Nearly 200$ got deducted.
beachmiles likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Clawback?

Originally Posted by pstatesmd
I just had a couple purchases reversed this morning. Not sure what's going on.
“The following returns or credits hit your account yesterday:”

I’ve been very happy with Yazing. I hope this is just a system error. I got hit hard.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by beachmiles

“The following returns or credits hit your account yesterday:”

I’ve been very happy with Yazing. I hope this is just a system error. I got hit hard.
Same here. I had a ton. Mine started on 7/6
beachmiles likes this.

Last edited by cdog999; Jul 28, 2018 at 9:14 am
Old Jul 28, 2018, 9:12 am
CDO
Suspended

Also hit with returns started yesterday with sbc and now yazing. Anyone knows what the deal is? Doesn't sound good.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: AA Gold, Avios, UA, DL, SPG, Hyatt, Hilton, Rapid Rewards
Same for me - $670 reversed - .
Old Jul 28, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: Lots
I'm waiting for the impending reverse hammer, but haven't received it yet. A couple transactions yesterday didn't post though, so I guess that's the beginning of the end. Someone on Reddit said Adam from Yazing said GCC started reversing payouts.
beachmiles likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
This might be a good week to take a break from GCC and go shopping at Office Depot.
Travelz and devastitis like this.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 10:55 am
CDO
Suspended

Originally Posted by devastitis
I'm waiting for the impending reverse hammer, but haven't received it yet. A couple transactions yesterday didn't post though, so I guess that's the beginning of the end. Someone on Reddit said Adam from Yazing said GCC started reversing payouts.
I would suggest Adam fight on our behalf and reinstates our rightly earned cashback.
beachmiles and Travelz like this.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by CDO
I would suggest Adam fight on our behalf and reinstates our rightly earned cashback.
Right, if they don't want to pay out on MGCs then they need to say so up front.
Travelz likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 11:19 am

Location: Los Angeles, CA AA LifetimePLT-2MM; SPG Platinum; HHDiamond
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
I had $1800 under three accounts reversed today!
Old Jul 28, 2018, 11:47 am
CDO
Suspended

Originally Posted by cdog999
Right, if they don't want to pay out on MGCs then they need to say so up front.
I filed tickets with SBC and they said they would look into this. I have asked yazing for clarifications as what to what's going on and have not heard back.

I expect the cashback sites to solve this issue with their vendors and quickly too. I was under the limits and only used one account. Anything other than full payment would be unacceptable and will pursue this further. If you guys hear anything pls update the thread.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: Marriott, SW, United
I was notified by Yazing that I had six transactions reversed starting July 6.. Received this from Yazing;

"We got a bunch of reversals today, this typically happens as they validate transactions. Sometimes orders don’t go through or we’re cancelled/returned. Please check your dashboard in giftcards.com for these order numbers to check the status of the transaction(s)"

Everything looks normal at GCC, writing them too.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Bud Florida
I was notified by Yazing that I had six transactions reversed starting July 6.. Received this from Yazing;

"We got a bunch of reversals today, this typically happens as they validate transactions. Sometimes orders don’t go through or we’re cancelled/returned. Please check your dashboard in giftcards.com for these order numbers to check the status of the transaction(s)"

Everything looks normal at GCC, writing them too.
Gotcha, so its looks like the issue started on July 6. All of mine from 1 - 5 were fine, but it was July 6 for me as well. I have to imagine this is an error on the side of gc.com. Fallout from this could be massive. I'm expecting CFPB governs this? Guess the cashback vendors would have to go after the companies.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: Lots
August 26 can't come soon enough.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 12:35 pm

I’d like to be paid for my July orders. I’ve done well with Yazing.
Mostly I’m concerned about the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.