Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2018. The previous discussion can be found here.

When reporting/posting here please give as many details as you can or you will be asked for it anyways. Copy and paste the text below and alter as needed.

1. SHUTdn by Bank, Credit Card info. (@m3x, chs3 ,c1t1 and brcl@y)
2. Length of account before closure and CL?
3. Average monthly account balance checking and savings?
4. Volume of ms per month and how many months?
5. Cycle CL?
6. Did you BP using both options?
- BP by issuing bank (@m3x, chs3, c1t1 and brcl@y)
- BP by Vis/MC
7. Did you spell out the bank's full name in an internet forum?
Print Wikipost

2018 Shutdown Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2018, 6:52 am

Programs: Several dozen
Calm down about refueling boats . Maybe the poster is from Miami. Not unusual to be filling up your boat multiple times a month down here as our folks use boats quite a bit. In fact, New Times just declared Miami America's Capital of Cryptocurrency and that has much to do with our extensive use of boats.

Originally Posted by wyogold
Ten times in a row? Several times a month? In the winter?

We MSers can pretend all we want but it's really pretty obvious that our spending is abnormal
vbnet likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 7:09 am

Programs: Several dozen
No, there are many 200 gallon tanks in motorhomes, trucks and vans. Don't tailgate any vehicles down in Florida that are dragging their rear bumper and making sloshing sounds. The business of stealing gas and reselling it on the black market using vehicles filled with drums and tanks is literally exploding here in Florida.

Originally Posted by pharmawalk
I don't think that is factual.
vbnet likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by Milezjunkie
Just to quickly share my experience with a Chase shutdown. In Feb, my BOA checking account was fraudulently used to send a PayPal payment. So BOA froze my account and opened a new one. It just so happened that I had a payment scheduled for a Chase account and since that account was frozen the payment was returned. I thought no big deal and made the payment the following day from the new account. Fast forward to the next week and I was using my Freedom Apple Pay for the 1st quarter bonus. I successfully bought two VGCs and when I tried to buy my third in two days my card was declined. Thinking it was a fraud alert I called and was informed all my cards were frozen and my relationship was under review. Two days later Apple Pay pushed a message that my cards were not available. I called CS and was finally transferred to Chase Fraud Services or something like that. The woman there was friendly and asked about the returned payment and GCM purchases on my BA card. She didn't seem too concerned and said NOT to shred my cards as she submitted a request to reopen my accounts. Three days later I got a call from an extremely rude and arrogant Chase representative that said ALL my cards are closed and there was no option for reconsideration and that was the final decision. He admitted that the returned payment was an initial flag and then making VGC purchases caused a manual review (which obviously puts human eyes on the accounts). I had been a Chase customer for over 12 years, had nearly all everyday spend on Chase cards and nothing crazy with MS. I would max the Freedom on half the quarters. I did MS $20K on my BA card spread over a year. I did MS on my Ink cards but pretty far below the max. They claimed it was the number of recent accounts (ok, I was doing 12 new CC accounts the past two years each). They didn't care my FICO is over 800, never a late payment, never a missed payment, debt free aside from a mortgage. The rep was downright rude. I guess he figures I am no longer a Chase customer because of his decision so who is going to listen to my complaint. So thanks to some criminal using my BOA account I lost all my Chase accounts. They did give me 30 days to use my UR points.
Sorry to hear, sucks. Doesn't hurt to try calling a couple more times though.

Does Ch@s3 let you transfer/cash out UR points after a shutdown?
Old Mar 31, 2018, 7:33 pm

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by NoonRadar
Sorry to hear, sucks. Doesn't hurt to try calling a couple more times though.

Does Ch@s3 let you transfer/cash out UR points after a shutdown?
they give you 30 days to transfer/use up UR points.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 8:33 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by pharmawalk
I don't think that is factual.
Is this just a guess of yours?

Easy enough to look up and be sure then next time you can omit the "I don't think" part.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 12:36 pm

Wife got axed over the weekend after applying for the Iberia card. She went pending, approved the next day. I was instant approved and accounts open for now
Old Apr 2, 2018, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by Lekuxs15
Wife got axed over the weekend after applying for the Iberia card. She went pending, approved the next day. I was instant approved and accounts open for now
Any particular reason for the shutdown?
Old Apr 2, 2018, 5:40 pm

Too many requests for credit/reviews of credit. Number of credit card accounts.
Seems like there are several DPs for reinstatement for these reasons
Old Apr 4, 2018, 1:38 pm

anyone ever seen a DP of discover shutting someone down?
Old Apr 7, 2018, 2:40 pm

Barclay card arrival plus shutdown this week. No WMBP 30k limit. 100k per month ms with some regular spend. I stopped using the card for about 3 months. I might have to open a cap 1 card.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by briang191
Barclay card arrival plus shutdown this week. No WMBP 30k limit. 100k per month ms with some regular spend. I stopped using the card for about 3 months. I might have to open a cap 1 card.
Cap1 is pretty much impossible to get for churners with a lot of new accounts. Discover it miles with double miles first year is a good easy to get alternative. Only drawback is low cl.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 3:27 pm

Cap1 is pretty much impossible to get for churners with a lot of new accounts. Discover it miles with double miles first year is a good easy to get alternative. Only drawback is low cl.

what do you mean when you say " a lot of new accounts". Discover isn't an option due to the first year only.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 3:48 pm

what do you mean when you say " a lot of new accounts". Discover isn't an option due to the first year only.
More than 2/12 approx, though not really 100% clear. As for the one year limit, just open another one after the year is up.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 4:06 pm

More than 2/12 approx, though not really 100% clear. As for the one year limit, just open another one after the year is up.
thanks for the info. I might be under 2/12 if cap 1 doesn't count business accounts.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 4:08 pm

You went from a 100k/month to zero? Maybe they were looking at inactivity with the new card product?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.