Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buying Money Orders at Western Union

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2022, 11:34 am

What I can tell you is that I haven't had success with them since Friday at 4 PM. Multiple stores, multiple cards, it does appear that USB were added to the blocklist in my area (Seattle)
Old Jan 17, 2022, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Tectomoc
What I can tell you is that I haven't had success with them since Friday at 4 PM. Multiple stores, multiple cards, it does appear that USB were added to the blocklist in my area (Seattle)
yea. same here. tried all weekend. SCAL LA area. i hope they dont block vanilla soon. otherwise, we would be screwed again. meta block is already bad enough.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 2:13 pm

Yeah, I mean, USB @ Safeway wasn't what I was expecting to get blocked next.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by Tectomoc
Yeah, I mean, USB @ Safeway wasn't what I was expecting to get blocked next.
exactly. i thought vanilla would be next. but USB was the GC of choice right after meta so maybe that was priority. if this USB block was intentional, vanilla is next. RIP.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 5:59 am

Anyone else having issues with 411810 Sutton Bank vanillas not working for a particular NE grocery chain? Started 11/29

Seems my local got an update to their systems that made a certain group of debit cards fail, some bank issued but mostly giftcard variety. They were planing on resetting equipment and see if that fixes it.

Last edited by ldfernald; Dec 5, 2022 at 6:21 am
Old Dec 30, 2022, 9:25 pm

So far been having a flawless experience with the sutton bank vanillas at WM MC (WUMO). Liquidated 2 $500 cards today I picked up from CVS, I just made sure to setup the PIN on the phone line ahead of time. Unfortunately the only gebits in my area other than CVS sutton are those pesky MB/BHN cards at publix, walmart, and office depot (the max amount being $200 with a $6.95 fee sucks as well). CVS sticks out like a sore thumb for MS on a cc statement...

Last edited by chromylchloride; Dec 31, 2022 at 5:50 am
Old Dec 31, 2022, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by chromylchloride
So far been having a flawless experience with the sutton bank vanillas at WM MC (WUMO). Liquidated 2 $500 cards today I picked up from CVS, I just made sure to setup the PIN on the phone line ahead of time. Unfortunately the only gebits in my area other than CVS sutton are those pesky MB/BHN cards at publix, walmart, and office depot (the max amount being $200 with a $6.95 fee sucks as well). CVS sticks out like a sore thumb for MS on a cc statement...
my experience has been the same — have been able to do $2k at a time. My stores still have the $5.95 but Idk how long they’ll hang on for. Just have to wait an hour now before liquidation, otherwise the register won’t authorize the txn.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by 30k
my experience has been the same — have been able to do $2k at a time. My stores still have the $5.95 but Idk how long they’ll hang on for. Just have to wait an hour now before liquidation, otherwise the register won’t authorize the txn.
Yeah. I found out about that 1hr rule the hard way. When I went to the MC to buy a WUMO, I swiped the card and entered the PIN I setup on the phone a few minutes beforehand and it failed. Protip, if the cashier says "debit not available" that means the card issuer declined the PIN you entered. Found out about the security freeze after poking around on the vanilla gift website. It will tell you exactly how much time is left on the freeze on the banner at the top.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.